AOSP/CM APN Switching Issues

Search This thread

iainaaldrich

Oct 25, 2011
Has anyone been experiencing issues with the APN auto switching between 3g/LTE? For the past month or so every cm based or aosp rom I try has issues automatically going in and out of 3g and LTE areas unless I manually go into APN settings and switch it. Very annoying while traveling and last week there was the whole "roaming indicator off" message for service instead of "SPRINT". Any solutions or ROMs anyone know of that don't have this issue?

Edit: I'm using CM11 jflte on Philz recovery with the NAE modem. Maybe more success with MK2?

Last edited:

keithatoz

Jun 7, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm having the same issue since the cm-11-20140323-NIGHTLY, and I have to do the exact same thing. I have the MK2 modem so I wouldn't worry about switching modems.

iainaaldrich

Oct 25, 2011
haha, yeah. I tried it and same issues. Sad to say, but it looks like I'll be going back to a Touchwiz ROM for now at least.

keithatoz

Jun 7, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I think I may have fixed my problem with a combination of two things. I am using CM11 and I'm not responsible if this breaks your phone. First, I did the enable MTU probing shown in this thread (all thanks and credit to Steppnasty):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2556590

But before rebooting after the fix, I went to Access Point Names in Settings, selected the Sprint LTE internet, and deleted the APN that just said Sprint (was the top one in my list). After a reboot, my LTE/3G switching has been working fine. Not sure if this will help anyone here, but it seems to have worked for me.

iainaaldrich

Oct 25, 2011
Is this still an ongoing issue with all 4.4.2 ROM's? have since switched back to CM 10.2.1 until this issue gets resolved. Can't see how anyone could use a ROM that can't automatically switch between network types.