[MOD] avlock[11], a real, system-level lock screen replacement (fixed 04/22/2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DrKaufee

Aug 19, 2009
Seattle
I want to be able to use the desire pull down notification bar but when flashed over the top,it loops.

Didnt happen with avlock[8]

any help? the 15 apps would be cool but not as important as the notification bar to me

_avatar

Aug 19, 2009
DrKaufee said:
I want to be able to use the desire pull down notification bar but when flashed over the top,it loops.

Probably not. However, cyanogen has accepted my patches, so the avlock functionality will be integrated into new builds of cyanogenmod moving forward. This should eventually address your problem.

schahr01

May 12, 2006
Not sure if this is the latest thread on this but I assume that a CM6 based on froyo needs to be around before this is ported? I really miss this :D

D

Deleted member 267841

i lovin'it! ... but i have a milestone
howto make this mod working on milestone ??
thx

strunker

Aug 28, 2010
Do you think this method could be used to over write the exchange required pass/pin?

If we load on your lock screen maybe it will remove the pin requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    avlock[10] is a (the first?) real, *system-level* lock screen replacement for Android (CM 5.0.6).

it replaces the standard "connect the dots" behavior with pin-like mechanism. patterns can be arbitrarily large, and nodes can be repeated. also, there are no numbers -- just circles. definitely not for everyone, but i think some people may like it.

here's how it works:

http://files.clangen.org/avlock/avlock.m4v

if you want to try it you must have CM 5.0.6 installed, then:

1. reboot to bootloader
    2. nandroid backup <-- do it. seriously. just in case.
    3. flash avlock[x].zip
    4. reboot
    5. if you don't have a lock pattern already, set one: Home > Menu > Settings > Location and Security > Set Unlock Pattern

faq:

q: what happens if something goes really wrong and i can't log in?
    a: i've been tweaking this mod for a long time and you shouldn't have any problems. BUT IF YOU DO:

* restore from nandroid backup made in step 2 above

OR

* if you know how to use adb, just delete the file pattern file and reboot:

adb remount
    adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
    adb shell reboot

q: what files are replaced by the patch?
    a: framework.jar, framework-res.apk, android.policy.jar, Settings.apk

q: why not just distribute this as a simple .apk file?
    a: this is a system-level mod because it replaces system-level components. it cannot be distributed as an .apk.

changelog:

avlock[8]:
    * initial release

avlock[9]:
    * added tactile feedback
    * reduced login delay

avlock[10]:
    * disabling "Use visible pattern" works now
    * better integration with system and Settings.
    * re-added drag lock option.

avlock[11]:
    * added the ability to specify a pattern timeout

use at your own risk. i am not responsible for any damages caused by this software. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!

caution: if you update your rom, install a theme, or flash another mod that replaces framework.jar, framework-res.apk, or android.framework.jar, you may not be able to log in upon reboot (or even spin into a boot loop). either (1) make sure you disable your lock screen before flashing or (2) rm gesture.key as described in the faq!

download:

avlock[11]: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=202 (thanks, pershoot)

sources:

http://github.com/avatar5d