Motorola OEM chargers only?

Search This thread

droidbird

Jan 30, 2011
Oddly, my Evo charger makes my Atrix freak out (charge, no-charge, charge, no-charge very rapidly, 2Hz or so?)

bigb252

Jul 22, 2008
America
I'm using Blackberry's micro usb chargers with no problem. I bought a few of these for my N1, and they work fine with the Atrix. The N1 charger from Google/HTC does not work like you all have said.

Same here. I still have everything else that came with the phone in the box. Never even unwrapped them...

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Norcalz71

so am I hearing correctly that the ipod wall charger (white rectangular plug that has a USB post on it) should charge the atrix without causing any "issues"?

I'd like to leave a charger in the office and at home in case I forget to toss it in at some point and am left with an uncharged phone.

Also on a similar note, is it ok to charge the phone at mid battery regularly, rather than letting it discharge almost fully before recharging? I was typically under the impression that its best to not charge a battery until it "needs" it, but it seems like a lot of people will just plug the phone in to charge while driving, at their desk, etc, regardless of battery level.

Nubz0r

Feb 21, 2011
so am I hearing correctly that the ipod wall charger (white rectangular plug that has a USB post on it) should charge the atrix without causing any "issues"?

I too was wondering this. Though, I have the stock iPhone (not ipod) wall charger that is exactly as you described. I believe the output is 1amp.

tonyantonucci

Feb 26, 2008
It is certainly ok, to "mid-charge" your phone as you have described. Newer batteries do not have the "memory effect" that rechargeable batteries used to have.

But, it is good to let the battery drain down and then fully charge, for a different reason.
Rechargeable battery have a limited number of recharge-cycles, something like 1000 cycles. So topping-off a battery will consume a charge/discharge cycle.

This is not an exact science and the 1000 is not a hard fast number, I just used it as an example.