[TOOL][WINDOWS] Android Multitool

Search This thread

Flextrick

May 14, 2012

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
Hi.
Symply. If I did the activity reported I obtained the message about path/file not found.
It's the same probelm from a long time.
My XP batch works fine and didn't reported any errors.
Than it means that the problem is in your app (macro).

Please take care also about important problem about subfodler created in wrong path when you decompress an apk. Pelase check my previous post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flextrick

gaich

Recognized Translator
Mar 26, 2012
Moscow
gaichtranslations.ru
@Flextrick Is there an opportunity to see the log in real time? When I compile something, and there`s some error, the programm keeps running, it doesn`t stop untill I close it manually. And I have no log to see what was wrong. :confused:

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
Yea so this has now happened after a computer restart. All was good after the first time I compiled an apk...However, this time it just runs and runs and runs and it never compiles, it looks like its doing something, however, nothing is at all happening? Any ideas

Flextrick

May 14, 2012
@Flextrick Is there an opportunity to see the log in real time? When I compile something, and there`s some error, the programm keeps running, it doesn`t stop untill I close it manually. And I have no log to see what was wrong. :confused:

Ok, I try to add this!

@bovirus
I just checked your log again and now I've got a question to you: Do you run the AndroidMultitool.exe from AndroidMultitool/Files?
Because you should run it from the main dir, which is C:\somepath\AndroidMultitool

Reactions: gaich and Kamy

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
Ok, I try to add this!

@bovirus
I just checked your log again and now I've got a question to you: Do you run the AndroidMultitool.exe from AndroidMultitool/Files?
Because you should run it from the main dir, which is C:\somepath\AndroidMultitool
I am confused try to add what? I am having the same trouble it never compiles it keeps running until I manually close it? What do I do?

Edit : picture of my path

094d76fc003192a61e019ebf1f30d955.jpg

Last edited:

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
@Flextrick.
I ran AMT from C:\AndroidMultiTool folder.

I ewill check again.

If you tru to unpack an apk and the folder already exist this is the log

Microsoft Windows [Versione 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti riservati.
c:\AndroidMultitool>cd c:\AndroidMultitool\Program_Files
c:\AndroidMultitool\Program_Files>apktool d C:\AndroidMultitool\Files\stocard.apk -o c:\AndroidMultitool\Decompiled_apk\stocard
c:\AndroidMultitool\Program_Files>Destination directory (c:\AndroidMultitool\Decompiled_apk\stocard) already exists. Use -f switch if you want to overwrite it.

I believe that you shouldd use -f switch by default.

Please add if you can the automatically log saving.
Leave the LOG Celanup button (now where there is Log save)
It's useful to make comparison about rpevioun pack/unpack

Last edited:

Flextrick

May 14, 2012
Android multitool 3.5.4

UPDATE:

ANDROID MULTITOOL 3.5.4:

v3.5.4:

• add option to copy AndroidManifest.xml automatically into the apk after compiling
  • layout cleanup
  • force overwrite already compiled or decompiled files when new compiling/decompiling thread started
  • update to apktool rc3 (mainly lollipop support)

Sorry, I found no good option to show the log in real time, but I won't stop the research!

Follow me on Google+ : Daniel Huber

[DOWNLOAD]

Happy modifying apps and merry christmas!

Last edited:

rayjr13

May 26, 2011
Thank you for the update. I am also having the compile issue where nothing happens the green scrolling progress indicator turns green and nothing ever happens.

LasVegasRomeo

Jan 15, 2012
Las Vegas
www.vegasromeo.com
Yea so this has now happened after a computer restart. All was good after the first time I compiled an apk...However, this time it just runs and runs and runs and it never compiles, it looks like its doing something, however, nothing is at all happening? Any ideas

Mine has done this since v3.5.3 I believe. It will run continuously as if its compiling but doesn't stop until you force close it. I also run an older version of the multitool that doesn't do it as well just for the times this happens.

Came to realize this ONLY happens at times there are "errors" on the build attempt. It just hangs instead of stopping and showing the results/errors as how it's suppose too. This runs up my laptop pretty hard for sure at these times.

I figured out because i run the second set up and noticed it was only ones that were throwing errors. Because of having to force close out of it when it runs nonstop cannot get a log or one that says anything that is., so don't have one if anyone was going ask.

Flextrick

May 14, 2012
Mine has done this since v3.5.3 I believe. It will run continuously as if its compiling but doesn't stop until you force close it. I also run an older version of the multitool that doesn't do it as well just for the times this happens.

Came to realize this ONLY happens at times there are "errors" on the build attempt. It just hangs instead of stopping and showing the results/errors as how it's suppose too. This runs up my laptop pretty hard for sure at these times.

I figured out because i run the second set up and noticed it was only ones that were throwing errors. Because of having to force close out of it when it runs nonstop cannot get a log or one that says anything that is., so don't have one if anyone was going ask.
Thanks, these information helps. Im goingt to try to fix that!

Reactions: redtrk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Multitool

Hello,
    I´m glad to present my Android Multitool wich makes it easier to decompile/recompile applications + jar framework files. You can also sign your apk by easily clicking a button.

Requirements:
    • Winows OS XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
    • Installed Java on Windows
    • Installed Microsoft Powerpacks
    • Installed .NET framework

- Easy handling: Select your apk and push the "decompile" button!
    - This tool makes modding much faster and easier, no cmd handling any more.
    - You can read the log which is integrated in the tool to find your mistake in the error.
    - ADB inside: Push files into your file system with a few clicks

It looks like this so far:
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fi8q9plnS6GuhevN1w1mXaBCD16g%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fimage-upload.de%252Fimage%252Fn0uZno%252F96854287e1.png

How to use this tool?

Follow this small how to!

Here you go..

Well, first extract the AndroidMultitool folder to C:\. Otherwise it probably won´t work
    -copy your framework-res.apk in the Framework-Files folder and other files you want to mod in the "Files" folder (this folder is for all your files you want to mod, don't pick files from any other location)
    -Next you have to start AndroidMultitool.exe
    -select your framework-res.apk and push the "install" button (check log for errors)

Decompiling and recompiling apk files:

-select the apk you want to mod/decompile and push the "decompile" button (check log for errors)
    Note: You can check the "use baksmali" checkbox, then e.g. the useless .line text will be removed
    -your decompiled apk will be located in C:\AndroidMultitool\Decompiled_apk"apkname" as a folder
    -if you want to compile your apk again, select your decompiled folder, check the "apk" radio button and compile it again (check log for errors)

-your recompiled apk will be located in C:\AndroidMultitool\Compiled_apk"apkname"

Decompiling and recompiling jar files:

-select in the combobox ".jar" (check the "use baksmali" checkbox for deleting the useless .line comments)
    -select the ".jar" file you want to mod
    -push the "decompile" button
    -your decompiled jar file will be locaten in C:\AndroidMultitool\Decompiled_jar"jarname"
    -for recompiling you have to check the "jar" radiobutton and select the folder within your decompiled ".jar" file
    -push the compile button
    -your compiled jar file will be located in C:\AndroidMultitool\Compiled_jar"jarname"\classes.dex
    -delete the "classes.dex" file in your ".jar" file
    -copy the new "classes.dex" file you compiled in the ".jar" file

Signing apk files:

-select the ".apk" you want to sign
    -push the "sign" button
    -the signed apk file is located in C:\AndroidMultitool\Signed_apk"apkname_signed"

Using tags:

You want to decompile many files from different devices or different android versions / frameworks? Tagging makes it possible!
    - before installing your framework type in any tag (like "hero")
    - then install your framework and work normally

Android Debug Bridge

You want to push files with adb to your device? Follow these instructions:
    Please klick on the "advanced" register in the tool
    -push "check" to control if your device is ready
    -if the device is not ready please follow the instructions, which are listed in the tool (device offline, no device...)
    -if the device is ready, choose a file you want to push
    -choose a path on the device, where the file should be placed later
    -push the "push" Button
    -alternately: press "Reboot device" to reboot your device and to let changes take effect

If there are any questions or bugs, please post them in the thread.

Follow me on Google+ : Daniel Huber

[DOWNLOAD] see next post #2

Enjoy easier apk handling!

Having issues with the program?
    Try the batch version developed by @bovirus (it's also in the AndroidMultitool folder)

Questions and answers:

Q: The programm does not start, it crashes.

A: Please install Powerpacks, this one: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=145727&clcid=0x804

Q: What do you mean exactly with "!!!NOTE!!! After compiling you have to copy the AndroidManifest.xml and the META-INF folder from your old apk to your newly compiled one!! Otherwise you´ll get bootloop! " .. I don't understand.

A: You have to open your old apk (this one you selected for decompiling in the folder /files) and copy from that apk the AndroidManifest.xml and the META-INF folder to the apk you just decompiled and recompiled.

Q: I followed all steps in the startpost but I'm still getting this error: "apktool is not recognized as internal or external command"
    What can I do?

A: Please refer to this post by @LasVegasRomeo: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51017662&postcount=681

Credits:
    Developers (brut.all, iBotPeaches) of the base Apktool
    mike_galaxy_s for his help on testing
    @bovirus for batch development

------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

v3.5.9:

updated build tools and platform-tools (aapt, adb and needed dll's)
    updated 7za, apktool, smali and baksmali to latest version
    added bovirus's batch version to the main directory (users can choose between gui and batch now)
    added a folder (Framework-Files) for the framework-res.apk (only use this folder for the framework files from now on)
    added a Help folder with all commands

v3.5.8:

updated apktool, smali and baksmali to latest version

v3.5.7:

updated apktool, smali and baksmali to latest version

v3.5.6:

fix progressbar not disappearing after decompiling
    fix loop after/while compiling
    save compiling path and jump into it when he starts folder browsing
    update user interface

v3.5.5:

fix infinite loop on compiling when errors appeared
    folderbrowserdialog (compiling): jump into /decompiled_apk default
    update build tools and platform-tools (aapt, adb and needed dll's)

v3.5.4:

add option to copy AndroidManifest.xml automatically into the apk after compiling
    layout cleanup
    force overwrite already compiled or decompiled files when new compiling/decompiling thread started
    update to apktool rc3 (mainly lollipop support)

v3.5.3:

copy AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF folder automatically into the apk after compiling
    added some links
    code cleanup

v3.5.2:

add more detailed log
    fix decompiling/compiling/signing/installing framework multiple times sometimes
    add batch decompiling (preview)
    fix donation image not fitting center
    add txt files with descriptions for all tools inside (thanks to @bovirus)

v3.5.1:

update all files

v3.5:

code rework
    fix UI freezing on long tasks
    add progress bar
    many other small fixes

v3.4:

access files from all locations of the pc (you're not limeted to the /Files folder)
    add version number to the tool

v3.3:

add tag support (tagging allows multiple framework support)
    rework interface
    small additions and fixes
    support for Win7 / 8 / 8.1 (no extra versions)

v3.2.1:

add apktool b9

v3.2:

add different apktool, aapt and batch files
    should solve some problems on de - and recompiling

v3.1:

Fixes for adb push
    button to reboot device
    many other fixes and code rework

v3.0:

SlimBean apktool ((de)compiling also with inverted folders from trds)
    ADB (AndroidDebugBridge for pushing files to your device)
    Some Links in the tool for support and donation

v2.2 Beta1:

apktool 2.0.0
    Details:

Details
    v1.5.x -> v2.0.0
    Java JRE 1.7 is required!
    Update apktool to v2.0.0
    aapt is now included inside the apktool binary. Its not required to maintain your own aapt install under $PATH. (However, features like -a / --aapt are still used and can override the internal aapt).
    Remove framework $HOME/apktool/framework/1.apk or manually update via (FrameworkFiles)
    Eagle eye users will notice resources are now decoded before sources now. This is because we need to know the API version via the manifest for decoding the sources.
    Parameter Changes

Smali/baksmali 2.0 are included. This is a big change from 1.4.2. Please read the smali updates here for more information.
    -o / --output is now used for the output of apk/directory.
    -t / --tag is required for tagging framework files
    -advance / --advanced will launch advance parameters and information on the usage output.
    -m / --match-original is a new feature for apk analysis. This retains the apk is nearly original format, but will make rebuild more than likely not work due to ignoring the changes that newer aapt requires.
    After [d]ecode, there will be new folders (original / unknown) in the decoded apk folder.
    original/ = META-INF folder / AndroidManifest.xml, which are needed to retain the signature of APKs to prevent resigning. Used with -c / --copy-original on uild.
    unknown/ = Files / folders that are not part of the standard AOSP build procedure. These files will be injected back into the rebuilt APK.
    apktool.yml collects more information than before
    SdkInfo = Used to re-populate the sdk information in AndroidManifest.xml since aapt requires it to be passed at runtime.
    packageInfo = Used to help support Android 4.2 due to renamed manifest packages. Automatically detects difference between manifest and resources and performs automatic --rename-manifest-package on uild.
    versionInfo = Used to re-populate the version information in the AndroidManifest.xml since aapt requires it to be passed at runtime.
    compressionType = Used to determine the compression that resources.arsc had on the original apk to duplicate on uild.
    unknownFiles = Used to record the name/location/compression type of non-standard files in Apk.

v2.1:

fixed freezes
    bigger UI for better overview
    option to save log to a text file
    other small fixes

v2.0:

complete code rework
    folder structure for a better overview
    decompiled, recompiled, signed files will be located in their own folder
    no more messy file handling
    added radio buttons for choosing jar or apk
    some graphical changes
    added info button in the "installing framework" section

V1.2:

Added ability to decompile and recompile ".jar" files
    Added baksmali
    FolderBrowserDialog: If you push the "browse" button you are in the right directory now and needn't to scroll and search the "AndroidApktool" folder
    other small fixes

V1.1:

Added ability to sign .apk
    Changed comboboxes to browse buttons
    bigger log - screen

Initial Release

- Latest mod version

Latest version is: 3.5.9 (23.10.2018) updated by bovirus

This version is based on original v. 3.5.9 by Flextrick plus with these updates

- apktool (by iBotPeaches) v. 2.3.4 stable
    - apktool commands list
    - baksmali/smali (by JesusFreke) v. 2.2.5 stable
    - baksmali/smali command list
    - Android Build Tools (by Google) v. 28.0.3 stable
    - Android Build Tools commands list
    - Android Platform Tools (by Google) v. 28.0.1 stable
    - Android Platform Tools commands list
    - 7zip (by Igor Pavlov) v. 18.05
    - DOS batch updated (now support file names with spaces)

With the DOS batch (file AMT.BAT) you can

- install framework file
    - select application
    - decompile application
    - compile application
    - sign application

Android Multitool v. 3.5.9 (updated) - Download

- Android Multitool previous version

Library of previous version (Google Drive)

Note: Please take care that v. 3.5.9 (stock) included in the Google Drive repository DON'T include all updates reported before.

- Use always updated framework-res.apk

If you get error during decompilation/compilation of the apk, please check if you are using and updated version of framework.res.apk.
    Please try to search, find and download an updated version of framework.-res.apk
    Note: I suggest to rename the framework downloaded file name (without spaces) adding some info about it (like brand-model of device and Android version), like

framework-Samsung-S8-Android-7.1.2.apk

put the file in it in Framework-Files sub-folder of Android Multitool and install it in Android Multitool.
    Then try again to decompile/recompile the application.

- External references

- apktool by iBotpeaches

apktool by iBotPeaches - XDA thread

apktool by iBotPeaches - XDA thread

- baksmali/smaly by JesusFreke

baksmali/smaly by JesusFreke - Download (bitbucket.org)

baksmali/smaly - XDA discussion thread

baksmali/smaly by JesusFreke - Source (Github)

- 7zip by Igor Pavlov

7zip by Igor Pavlov - Tool to decompress/compress files

- Android Platform Tools by Google

Android Platform Tools by Google - latest Windows version

Very nice tool!

One feature request, could you have a checkbox for say the -b command so that we can get rid of the useless .linexx and .parameterxx lines? That would make this tool perfect :)

Another feature is adding the twframework-res.apk as a framework file? Thats essential for modding samsung system apk's. I usually have to install both twframework-res.apk and framework-res.apk before decompiling. Maybe adding 2 slots for the framework in the tool?

Thanks again!!

Sure, adding a second slot will be no problem!
    But I don't know what you mean with this checkbox, could you explain me exactly what you mean?

~ via Nexus
    Android Multitool 3.0 (ADB)

UPDATE

Changelog:

v3.0:

SlimBean apktool ((de)compiling also with inverted folders from trds)
    ADB (AndroidDebugBridge for pushing files to your device)
    Some Links in the tool for support and donation

Android Debug Bridge

I worked quiet a long time on this pretty big feature and I'm happy to present you this new feature in my tool: ADB

You want to push files with adb to your device? Follow these instructions:
    Please klick on the "advanced" register in the tool
    -push "check" to control if your device is ready
    -if the device is not ready please follow the instructions, which are listed in the tool (device offline, no device...)
    -if the device is ready, choose a file you want to push
    -choose a path on the device, where the file should be placed later
    -alternately: check the "reboot device" checkbox for rebooting the device after pushing
    -push the "push" Button

Screenshot:

vne5gy.jpg

Downloads:

[DOWNLOAD] (Windows 8 & Windows 8.1)

[DOWNLOAD] (Windows 7 & XP)
    Update:

v3.5.6:

• fix progressbar not disappearing after decompiling
    • fix loop after/while compiling
    • save compiling path and jump into it when he starts folder browsing
    • update user interface

I also uploaded all version to one folder where you can download each of them.
    The download link will be static from now on.. it brings you to a folder with all the versions inside.

[DOWNLOAD]

96854287e1.png