[BOOTANIMATIONS LINKS/INFO] [TUTORIAL] Galaxy Nexus Custom Boot Animations [23.08.13]

Search This thread

bengals1975

Aug 4, 2010
It's not really that big of a deal to me, but when you add a bootanimation to the OP maybe you could link to the post instead of a direct download link. That way if somebody wants to click "thanks" for someone's work they can.

Like I said, it's not that big of a deal to me, but just sayin.

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
It's not really that big of a deal to me, but when you add a bootanimation to the OP maybe you could link to the post instead of a direct download link. That way if somebody wants to click "thanks" for someone's work they can.

Like I said, it's not that big of a deal to me, but just sayin.

I see what you mean. The majority of the links direct you to the main thread for the animation anyway, the ones with a direct link are posted mostly in this thread. It didn't occur to me until recently that it would be better to link to the actual post, you will find that the links lower down the list do do this.

I would be happy to update the older links to help people say thanks, but can't seem to find an easy way to track the posts down unfortunately, if someone knows how please let me know!

:D

bengals1975

Aug 4, 2010
I see what you mean. The majority of the links direct you to the main thread for the animation anyway, the ones with a direct link are posted mostly in this thread. It didn't occur to me until recently that it would be better to link to the actual post, you will find that the links lower down the list do do this.

I would be happy to update the older links to help people say thanks, but can't seem to find an easy way to track the posts down unfortunately, if someone knows how please let me know!

I wouldn't worry about fixing old ones. That would be a pain and probably isn't worth it unless someone specifically requests you to. I'm probably the only one who even noticed, and I'm not complaining (although it sure sounds like it). :)

ArmanUV

Jan 26, 2012
I have a suggestion: changelog in OP
I think it would make it easier to track what's added.

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
I wouldn't worry about fixing old ones. That would be a pain and probably isn't worth it unless someone specifically requests you to. I'm probably the only one who even noticed, and I'm not complaining (although it sure sounds like it). :)

Nothing wrong with making suggestions buddy, if anyone requests I can try and update older links. Rest assured all future links will be to the post or thread rather than direct!

I have a suggestion: changelog in OP
I think it would make it easier to track what's added.

I have always updated the date stamp to indicate new content has been added to the thread and the boot animations are always added to the bottom of the list to make them easy for people to find, a sort of changelog in itself.

I could possibly add notes at the top of the thread about newly integrated tutorials and mods etc though?

sian391

Feb 26, 2011
Hello
may have to boot galaxy nexus??

youtube.com/watch?v=L4SyE3BrGYg&feature=related

msmall22

Nov 24, 2009
I see in 'Gummy's' latest rom that 'Bamf' has produced a bootanimation with sound (all be it slightly abstract) is it now possible to do this for custom boots?

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
I see in 'Gummy's' latest rom that 'Bamf' has produced a bootanimation with sound (all be it slightly abstract) is it now possible to do this for custom boots?

I have had a look at the BAMF and Gummy ROM's, the only obvious difference I can see is that there is a .mp3 file in the root of the /system/media file along with the boot animation.

It surely cannot be this simple though, why has it taken so long for these to appear in ROM's for the Gnex?

There must be some xml edits or something somewhere else to make this work, surely?

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great!! Thanks!!

njmeyers83

Dec 4, 2010
All the tech stuff is awesome just wondered if there were some available boot animations of some ladies looking good floating around? Thanks in advance!

ArmanUV

Jan 26, 2012
I have had a look at the BAMF and Gummy ROM's, the only obvious difference I can see is that there is a .mp3 file in the root of the /system/media file along with the boot animation.

It surely cannot be this simple though, why has it taken so long for these to appear in ROM's for the Gnex?

There must be some xml edits or something somewhere else to make this work, surely?

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great!! Thanks!!

it's not a standard aosp function. the original code comes from teambamf and gummy kanged it: https://github.com/teamgummy/frameworks_base/commit/472dc465a2397ca05ecdad2aec192259932957e8
Aokp has a open commit here:http://gerrit.sudoservers.com:8080/#/c/179/ but they haven't merged it yet.

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
All the tech stuff is awesome just wondered if there were some available boot animations of some ladies looking good floating around? Thanks in advance!

I completely agree, a criminally under explored boot animation subject matter! So come on boot animation devs, who's game!!??

it's not a standard aosp function. the original code comes from teambamf and gummy kanged it: https://github.com/teamgummy/frameworks_base/commit/472dc465a2397ca05ecdad2aec192259932957e8
Aokp has a open commit here:http://gerrit.sudoservers.com:8080/#/c/179/ but they haven't merged it yet.

Ahh, I suspected as much. I am afraid I am unfamiliar with how to apply this sort of code to a ROM, otherwise I would put up a tutorial in the top post.

Still learning along with everyone else, teaching myself HTML5 and EDIFY at the moment lol!

MuT7

Apr 12, 2012
Oshawa
Hey I've made a boot animation of the Normandy SR2 from Mass Effect, it's got about 500 frames at 720x1280, so the file is massive, some 300mb. When I flashed it in CWM, it threw my phone into a boot-loop. I've managed to fix it by flashing a safe boot animation, but I really want to get it working and share it with everyone. Is it the file that's too big?

bengals1975

Aug 4, 2010
Hey I've made a boot animation of the Normandy SR2 from Mass Effect, it's got about 500 frames at 720x1280, so the file is massive, some 300mb. When I flashed it in CWM, it threw my phone into a boot-loop. I've managed to fix it by flashing a safe boot animation, but I really want to get it working and share it with everyone. Is it the file that's too big?

I don't know how a boot animation would cause a boot loop but regardless, I don't think you'll be pleased with how your boot animation will play at that big a file size. It seems to me as though my boot animations will sort of stutter around 20mb and higher. I try to keep them under 10mb so they will play smoothly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MuT7

Apr 12, 2012
Oshawa
Yeah having resized the images over several iterations, I've arrive at a working size... while sacrificing quality. Looking at the way others had made longer boot animations, I had to squeeze the images sizes down to some 450px in height. Are there any ways to maintain quality better, while shrinking the file size down?

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
Yeah having resized the images over several iterations, I've arrive at a working size... while sacrificing quality. Looking at the way others had made longer boot animations, I had to squeeze the images sizes down to some 450px in height. Are there any ways to maintain quality better, while shrinking the file size down?

What imaging software are you using to shrink the files buddy?

MuT7

Apr 12, 2012
Oshawa
Initially, I made the png files using photoshop CS6, at 455x256, .png, each file was about 50-70kb, but in .jpg and compressed via save for web, each file is roughly 25kb, unfortunately the quality just doesnt do the animation justice =/

I'd upload it, but I need more posts cause I'm a noob xD

bengals1975

Aug 4, 2010
Initially, I made the png files using photoshop CS6, at 455x256, .png, each file was about 50-70kb, but in .jpg and compressed via save for web, each file is roughly 25kb, unfortunately the quality just doesnt do the animation justice =/

I'd upload it, but I need more posts cause I'm a noob xD

haha, I made a flash screen for my Incredible a couple years ago and had the same "not enough posts" problem before I could upload it :)

In all honesty, you probably don't need 500 frames. My bootanimation only runs for probably 15 seconds (or so) when I start my phone. If you make the bootanimation run much longer than that you probably won't ever see the whole thing. try to cut it down to 200-250 frames, and run it at 15 fps and see if you can tell the difference. My guess is it will still look pretty damn good. This way you can up the quality of the images a bit as well.

Top Liked Posts