Moto x 4.4 and AIO?

Search This thread

aford89

Oct 9, 2010
Ayone else here using the moto x on aio and taken the 4.4 leak then the OTA? That is what im currently running and my MMS is toast now that i've taken the OTA and to get data to work after WIFI i have to reboot the phone no way around it, i have tried airplane and still nothing until reboot. I talked with AIO an they verified all APN settings were correct, and obviously they are it works after reboot, except mms i never got that working agian

aaron.stusser

Dec 14, 2010
Ayone else here using the moto x on aio and taken the 4.4 leak then the OTA? That is what im currently running and my MMS is toast now that i've taken the OTA and to get data to work after WIFI i have to reboot the phone no way around it, i have tried airplane and still nothing until reboot. I talked with AIO an they verified all APN settings were correct, and obviously they are it works after reboot, except mms i never got that working agian

Yes! I'm having the same problem... wireless worked for a bit now it's not working.

Any idea what's wrong?

monkey082506

Jul 1, 2012

Have you fixed this? I'm having the exact issue on 4.4.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

bpschoon

Apr 7, 2011
I'm on AIO but have never rooted. I'm getting MMS in the default messaging app but not hangouts on 4.4

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app

aford89

Oct 9, 2010
Have you fixed this? I'm having the exact issue on 4.4.

No I am still at a lose at getting this to work with AIO even after multiple contacts to AIO. Even after taking official 4.4 I still get no data until a reboot and sometimes I still don't get. There has to be something we are missing why is it only use AIO folk having the issue? And it's only 4.4 I worked fine on 4.2

aford89

Oct 9, 2010
What are your APN settings? Do you have to reboot when switching from Wi-Fi to mobile data?

Name: Aio Wireless
APN: ndo
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: Not Set
MMSC: http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 150
Authentication type: Not Set
APN type: default,mms,fota,hipri,supl

That is the APN settings i use and have to reboot between switching, now sometimes that doesnt even work and im just stuck without mobile data

monkey082506

Jul 1, 2012
Name: Aio Wireless
APN: ndo
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: Not Set
MMSC: http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 150
Authentication type: Not Set
APN type: default,mms,fota,hipri,supl

That is the APN settings i use and have to reboot between switching, now sometimes that doesnt even work and im just stuck without mobile data

Well damn, those are the exact settings I have and I am also without data even with rebooting. 4.4 didn't change the required settings in the APN did it?

I'll keep the post updated if I ever find the answer to this.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

No I am still at a lose at getting this to work with AIO even after multiple contacts to AIO. Even after taking official 4.4 I still get no data until a reboot and sometimes I still don't get. There has to be something we are missing why is it only use AIO folk having the issue? And it's only 4.4 I worked fine on 4.2

I agree, it looks like straight talk people are working fine but maybe there are more. Considering the update just came out maybe more will come out of the wood works. Punit Soni is aware of this and so is Matt Jones, I'm talking to them via G+. I don't think it's an AIO issue because the data does in fact work (sometimes). But I have no idea...

aford89

Oct 9, 2010
Well damn, those are the exact settings I have and I am also without data even with rebooting. 4.4 didn't change the required settings in the APN did it?

I'll keep the post updated if I ever find the answer to this.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

I agree, it looks like straight talk people are working fine but maybe there are more. Considering the update just came out maybe more will come out of the wood works. Punit Soni is aware of this and so is Matt Jones, I'm talking to them via G+. I don't think it's an AIO issue because the data does in fact work (sometimes). But I have no idea...

Hopefully we can get something cause I really don't want to go thru porting my number

monkey082506

Jul 1, 2012
And now I have data again, I was just about to go to AT&T and figured I'd try the reboot again. Sure enough it worked. Just going to keep WiFi off for a while and see how long this stays on.

monkey082506

Jul 1, 2012
Here's the post I have going over on G+:

https://plus.google.com/115827932527080214987/posts/CFrocos9gGZ

Kirk Stromberg with Motorola has said that the builds out for the X do not "officially" support the APN settings for AIO Wireless and he will reach out to them on Monday to try to fix this.

I also have data currently after a reboot. I'm not switching back to WIFI for now and I still can't send MMS but until the KIT KAT build for the X supports the APN settings I really don't expect them to work.

bpschoon

Apr 7, 2011

Mine are the same except name is internet and the APN type is not set.

To note I've never rooted my phone but the handoff from WiFi to mobile data is still seamless on aio

Last edited:

bpschoon

Apr 7, 2011
These are my AIO settings. Zero issues with data and Wi-Fi

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385256421236.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385256421236.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 210
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385256433646.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385256433646.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 206

Lord_MiL

Aug 17, 2012
Cleveland
Glad I found this post

I've been on WiFi since the KitKat update so I didn't notice that it had killed my AIO data connection until just a bit ago. Fortunately I found this post. I've tried all the suggestions, but after multiple reboots and removing/reinserting the SIM, I still have yet to get any data on AIO. I did notice that the APN settings appear to have some new options that weren't previously there (at least I don't think they were), but I've only tried a few of them. If I can't get this resolved soon I guess I'll have to downgrade to 4.2, bummer.

Update: I saw bpschoon's post with his settings right after I made my post. I removed the "APN type" setting and rebooted and now seem to have data. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not. I'll keep using the phone and rebooting regularly to see if it continues to work.

Last edited:

bpschoon

Apr 7, 2011
I've been on WiFi since the KitKat update so I didn't notice that it had killed my AIO data connection until just a bit ago. Fortunately I found this post. I've tried all the suggestions, but after multiple reboots and removing/reinserting the SIM, I still have yet to get any data on AIO. I did notice that the APN settings appear to have some new options that weren't previously there (at least I don't think they were), but I've only tried a few of them. If I can't get this resolved soon I guess I'll have to downgrade to 4.2, bummer.

Update: I saw bpschoon's post with his settings right after I made my post. I removed the "APN type" setting and rebooted and now seem to have data. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not. I'll keep using the phone and rebooting regularly to see if it continues to work.

Here is the only other APN settings I have

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385260367773.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385260367773.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 140

Lord_MiL

Aug 17, 2012
Cleveland
Removing the APN type i get data after reboot but if i connect to wifi and then back off i will lose it until i reboot

After a bit more playing around with it, I'm not even that lucky. When I first removed the APN type and rebooted, I had solid data. However, as soon as I enabled WiFi again, my data was broken and it seems to take multiple reboots to bring it back each time (i.e. it's not consistent).

I'm thinking there's just something in this update that isn't playing nicely with Aio.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Every one on AIO happy with the data feeds even though it's capped at 8mb. I'm considering them as opposed to T-Mobile.

I was on AT&T on contract before so the same network but LTE speeds were between 35-60mbps and the difference is noticeable but it's still so fast that it doesn't bother me.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Mine was working fine until I left work just now and lost LTE for the first time. Rebooting fixed it. Hoping it doesn't happen all the time.
    I'm using the T-Mobile variant of the Moto X running 4.4.2 on AIO and I haven't had any issues as far as making calls sending/receiving MMS and data for the most part. The only thing I'm not 100% on is the data with LTE. Despite what their coverage maps indicate I don't get LTE at work but I do at home.
    I have an AT&T branded moto x that I bought from Motorola. I am using ago wireless as my carrier, and I still do not have the 4.42 update. Is the update available for us or do we have to do something else to get it.

Hang tight. You will get it eventually, these OTA updates roll out in stages.