Think I Bricked My Phone

Search This thread

bullsrfive

Nov 22, 2013
Hey Guys,

So I decided to be a little bit dangerous at work today and flashed cyanogenmod but I didn't really like it all too much so I tried to flash back to franco's kernel. Now my phone's messed up and wont go pass the google screen. I don't have my usb cords either. What can I do?

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Well, you will obviously need a usb cable to push the cyanogenmod zip to your device if it's not there already.

If you have the rom in your sdcard, then boot to recovery and flash cm again. It should boot.

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
We need your firmware you were running what cyagenomod you flashed what firmware you tried to go back to how you flashed it and what colour of T-shirt you were wearing at the time. ANY info you have. And yes you are going to need the USB lead. Anyway you can prob just fix it with Wugfresh nrt

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hey Guys,

So I decided to be a little bit dangerous at work today and flashed cyanogenmod but I didn't really like it all too much so I tried to flash back to franco's kernel. Now my phone's messed up and wont go pass the google screen. I don't have my usb cords either. What can I do?

Get back to recovery and flash CM or adb sideload another custom rom or flash the factory image in fastboot. Franco kernel is not compatible with CM atm.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I just flashed CM again to get my phone working. So to get back to franco's kernel I pretty much have to flash my phone back to stock?

Or a custom rom based on AOSP (stock) scources like most are, read the OP of the different devs. If CAF is mentioned in a OP Franco kernel is not compatible.

bullsrfive

Nov 22, 2013
Yup stock or any other aosp based rom such as paranoid etc.

Thanks for the reply guys! Unfortunately my phone is going crazy right now and every thing isn't work. The internet browser stops sometimes and I definitely cannot download anything. Do I have to wipe anything for the device to start working properly?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Thanks for the reply guys! Unfortunately my phone is going crazy right now and every thing isn't work. The internet browser stops sometimes and I definitely cannot download anything. Do I have to wipe anything for the device to start working properly?

Yup, just do a data factory reset, backup first though.

bullsrfive

Nov 22, 2013
I am a dummy. Basically what I was running before was stock rom with franco kernel. I loved it! Looks like I'll hav to flash back to stock and load up franco. I guess I'll need my USB cable for that.

I'm having major problems with the PA rom though. It keeps saying the process com.android.phone has stopped and I can't really do anything. A lot worse than when I was on CM. Ughh ....

Last edited:

bullsrfive

Nov 22, 2013
Never mind it works now after I wiped the data from recovery mode. Man once I get it back to what it was before I'm never downloading another rom again lol. Thanks for all your help guys

Last edited:
Never mind it works now after I wiped the data from recovery mode. Man once I get it back to what it was before I'm never downloading another rom again lol. Thanks for all your help guys

The best thing to do in these situations is to stay calm. When your about to flash something to your device, Always read the OP and then read it again, just to make sure you didn't miss anything or misunderstand something. Your not a dummy and It's not that there's a problem with the ROM's or the kernel's... its the lack of compatibility of the kernel with ROM. Which as you found out will get you stuck on the splash screen or in a bootloop, but its an easy fix.
Also when ever your flashing a completely new ROM, (like going from CM to PA) do a clean install, generally by just wiping the dalvik cache, the cache partition and performing a factory reset in recovery or what the ROMs OP suggests. This will make sure that there's nothing left over from the previous ROM and won't cause weird issues like the com.android.phone has stopped problem.

Reactions: psycho693

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace

You don't have to feel discouraged about flashing Roms. All of us were on trouble at lest 3 times during android experience. Now you know what to do if run into the same problem. This is about informing before doing things we are not used too. If you like a new Rom, don't flash it without understanding its features and kernel compatibility. Read threads, they are huge but at least firs pages and last ones too. Ask questions, get answers and evaluate the challenge.
There is a lot of juicy info on the first 4 threads on the general section that will provide almost all you need to know to go safe.

Reactions: psycho693

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The best thing to do in these situations is to stay calm. When your about to flash something to your device, Always read the OP and then read it again, just to make sure you didn't miss anything or misunderstand something. Your not a dummy and It's not that there's a problem with the ROM's or the kernel's... its the lack of compatibility of the kernel with ROM. Which as you found out will get you stuck on the splash screen or in a bootloop, but its an easy fix.
    Also when ever your flashing a completely new ROM, (like going from CM to PA) do a clean install, generally by just wiping the dalvik cache, the cache partition and performing a factory reset in recovery or what the ROMs OP suggests. This will make sure that there's nothing left over from the previous ROM and won't cause weird issues like the com.android.phone has stopped problem.

You don't have to feel discouraged about flashing Roms. All of us were on trouble at lest 3 times during android experience. Now you know what to do if run into the same problem. This is about informing before doing things we are not used too. If you like a new Rom, don't flash it without understanding its features and kernel compatibility. Read threads, they are huge but at least firs pages and last ones too. Ask questions, get answers and evaluate the challenge.
    There is a lot of juicy info on the first 4 threads on the general section that will provide almost all you need to know to go safe.