Mahdi ROM Kernel Tweaker & Battery Life Thread

Search This thread

w00ZzL

Jul 2, 2014
Berlin
Hey guys.

I have a clean Mahdi ROM (the latest from like 1 week ago) and have the feeling that the battery drains slightly faster than in stock. Apart from other things I started trying different kernel tweaks and I discovered the following:

The governor, although showing explanations for a whole 7 different modes, only allows me to either pick "interactive" or "performance".

Since I never really need the CPU settings from interactive mode, I actually want to use conservative.

How can I realise that now?

Please feel free to post your battery life stats, I'm really curious.

Sidenote: I have "transparent weather clock" on my homescreen and it seems to need a lot of battery. Does anyone have a recommendation for a lightweight & goodlooking homescreen widget?

Last edited:

w00ZzL

Jul 2, 2014
Berlin
The kernel for that ROM only contains two governors, please do not use performance because it only uses your max frequency, which is bad for temp & battery life.

Ok, thanks for the info. I wondern why it only contains those two though.

I'd never use performance, interactive already provides more power than I need.

I'm just looking for a way to actually use the conservative mode.

w00ZzL

Jul 2, 2014
Berlin
Something weird just happened to me: my phone was at about 38% and when I looked 1h later, it was pretty warm and powered off 1min later because battery had dropped to 1%.

I think this is pretty weird. I did not use the phone in that hour and had no apps running.

As illogical it might sound, my first suspect was the energy saving mode I enabled. I dont know why but I think it messed something up.

Does anyone have similar issues or any useful advice for me?

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
Ok, thanks for the info. I wondern why it only contains those two though.

I'd never use performance, interactive already provides more power than I need.

I'm just looking for a way to actually use the conservative mode.

The developer believes those to be the best choices, I have no clue why. Interactive mostly stays near the max freq & makes my phone uber hot like an oven. Feel free to use Render kernel, its in the general section.

Something weird just happened to me: my phone was at about 38% and when I looked 1h later, it was pretty warm and powered off 1min later because battery had dropped to 1%.

I think this is pretty weird. I did not use the phone in that hour and had no apps running.

As illogical it might sound, my first suspect was the energy saving mode I enabled. I dont know why but I think it messed something up.

Does anyone have similar issues or any useful advice for me?

I've never experienced that, are you on the latest nightly?

Transmitted via Geass

w00ZzL

Jul 2, 2014
Berlin
The developer believes those to be the best choices, I have no clue why. Interactive mostly stays near the max freq & makes my phone uber hot like an oven. Feel free to use Render kernel, its in the general section.

Do you have Render kernel? If yes which governor mode are you using?

I've never experienced that, are you on the latest nightly?

I'm on the version from 6-28 and patch V6 which should be the latest?!

Last edited: