News from OnePlus and Cyanogen on battery drain and new update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

[armitage]

Nov 26, 2010
Well as said it's not only the kernel that needs to be fixed it's also the problem with the proximity sensor and on top of that there is a small problem with the mpdecision bin.
If you use a fixed kernel and turn off all gestures like dt2w and so on your battery life will be fine.
But if you want to use gestures and have good battery life, then you'll also need CM's latest fixes for the proximity sensor.
Both fixes are already included in and tested on Gummy ROM.
The thing with the mpdecision binary is that it keeps two cores active at all time even when it's not necessary.
You can easily avoid this and improve battery life even further if you switch to intelliplug, till the mpdecision binary gets a fix.
Using Gummy, with it's default kernel, I lost 2% in 11h last night while having the phone in deep sleep, with intelliplug and dt2w activated.
So if you're not into CM, or want a liitle more features, Gummy (probably others have these fixes already too, don't know) might be a good choice.:)

Ps. It also has the latest touch panel drivers included.

Last edited:
Reactions: thez3ro

Reignogleph MMXI

Nov 14, 2011
New York
If I were going to flash the latest version of the Franco kernel, I'd also be at the stage of wanting to play with custom ROMs, which I don't want to do just yet.

I'm interested in seeing where the vanilla version of devil's food goes and am willing to put up with an impotent battery for a few weeks to experience only what CM does with hardware/software integration.

Ideally, I'd like to hold out until CM's final bug-free version of Lollipop for the OPO. After that, I'll be more inclined to use original ROMs and customized hybrid versions of CM -- that is, unless things continue to go terribly wrong with the next few official updates.

Last edited:

karmac1970

Sep 5, 2008
If I were going to flash the latest version of the Franco kernel, I'd also be at the stage of wanting to play with custom ROMs, which I don't want to do just yet.

I'm interested in seeing where the vanilla version of devil's food goes and am willing to put up with an impotent battery for a few weeks to experience only what CM does with hardware/software integration.

Ideally, I'd like to hold out until CM's final bug-free version of Lollipop for the OPO. After that, I'll be more inclined to use original ROMs and customized hybrid versions of CM -- that is, unless things continue to go terribly wrong with the next few official updates.

If we flash last version of franco kernel on a stock room (30O) , we will keep the ota for the future updates?

sublimaze

Oct 13, 2010
Ater two full days on 30O im seriously thinking about going back to 25R. I've gone from 48 hours between charges and 7 hours sot to 18 hours between charges an 3.5 hours sot. The sad part is im sure as soon as I revert the update will come out and Ill have to start over again. Im going to give it at leat one more day.

Similar experience here. I had great battery life on 25R, but since updating to 30O it has gone to crap. Last night it went from 100% to 88% while I slept. I will probably roll back to 25R.

cas8180

Apr 1, 2007
Las Vegas
I am actually wondering if any customers are attempting to get an RMA on their device now. Stating that it's defective because of the battery life issue. I could see quite a few users who don't understand the underpinnings of the OS and how updates work doing this. Simply trying to train this on a defective battery or something thereby causing op to have to dish out my returns. Which I would then hope OP would put more pressure on the cm team to get this hotfix out.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is what Steve Kondik posted on OnePlus forums:

Just a quick update on the power issue in 30O..

Two issues that ended up in the build were identified and fixed. They weren't affecting everyone and were subject to hardware variations and timing, but our engineers worked quickly to get them resolved. The first issue was a very low-level system bus problem, while the second was a problem with how the proximity sensor is used to prevent false unlocks from gestures and double taps. We pride ourselves in the performance and low power consumption of 11S, and after these fixes our lab tests show improved numbers vs. 25R! This will go out as a small hotfix as soon as it's approved. Additionally, we are preparing another update in parallel that brings a few new features, a beautified lock screen, audio enhancements, polish on the new features in 30O, and of course bug fixes.

Both of these new builds are in the final testing and approval phases. I can't give any ETA because we are subject to third parties, but you should see the power hotfix in the next couple of days with the bigger update right on it's heels.

To ensure this doesn't happen again, we are bulking up our automated test systems to cover more cases, more often. Being a startup is both a blessing and a curse- while we can move fast on issues and updates, we are still building our automation and infrastructure. We depend on your feedback to tell us what we're doing right, as well as wrong! Additionally, we are working hard to reduce the time between updates even further so that they are more manageable.

Hang in there for just a bit and that unkillable battery will make a triumphant return.

I dont have that issue, but hope it will help you guys that have it.
    Yeah i know...
    but i wasn't posted here so i posted it...

I wouldn't have seen this if you didn't post it here, I for one greatly appreciate it. I check these forums often but I don't spend hardly any time over at opo forums.
    Thanks!

Sent via quantum entanglement, focused through my OnePlus One.
    Nothing new on this right? Just checked the thread not long ago and it was still in testing.
    It's an old post. Fix still under test and would be released when approved internally in CM. Been waiting for the hotfix since past few days.
    Theres always custom roms ;)
    .. and yeah this status update has been out for a couple days now.

Yeah i know...
    but i wasn't posted here so i posted it...