[AROMA][ HOW-TO ][4.4+] [ Enable ART Or Dalvik From Recovery ]

Search This thread

husen4u

Feb 17, 2012
Kuwait
So I have a sony xperia tablet z2 16GB (rooted). I enabled the developers option, but there is no 'select runtime' option available. So I checked: 'data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib' with text editor an it says libdvm.so, meaning I am on dalvik like you said right?

No I am trying to see if ART is compatible, but where is this lib folder?

Yes It Means Dalvik. lib Folder You Will Find In System Folder.

husen4u

Feb 17, 2012
Kuwait
For Those Who Are Getting Update Binary Error An Aroma Package Is Made By @Patrics83
Features :
* It Doesn't Use Update Binary : So No More Update Binary Issue
* It Will Show Which Run Time You Are Using.

Reactions: piskor

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Successfully flashed the zip,

but the phone wont boot up,

how long normally the phone will boot after switching dalvik to ART?

HTC One, KK 4.4.2

CoreyWillWhat

Dec 3, 2013
Philadelphia
Successfully flashed the zip,

but the phone wont boot up,

how long normally the phone will boot after switching dalvik to ART?

HTC One, KK 4.4.2

My Initial boot after switching to art took a little over 15 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Honusnap

tr0teK

Oct 23, 2013
Doesn't work for Xperia Z Ultra aosb 1.3.6 Rom 4.4.4 kitkat. I have the correct lib files. It freezes in bootloader animation.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

johnaguilar22

Apr 28, 2009
Desamparados
Working on Ascend P6 running B512 KK... thanks for this :)

Edit: Need to wait a bit for first boot after flashing ( used aroma installer, guess other zips should work fine ) another annotation is that Aroma wont take full display I was using TWRP 2.7.1.1 and launched half of the display the buttons or selections will act if they where full screen, so u will have a nice moment touching the screen guessing :)

Last edited:

r4Rok

Dec 16, 2012
I Made 2 Small Scripts Flashable Files Around 100Kb Each.
No Need To Change To Add Files Anythings
Just
Reboot To Recovery
To Enable ART Flash This : Mega Devhost
Wipe Dalvik Cache

To Revert To Dalvik Flash This : Mega Devhost
Wipe Dalvik/Cache

First Of All ART Is Not Compatible With Xposed. Xposed Itself Change ART To Dalvik. So If You Want To Use ART Uninstall Xposed.
Husen

Why even after flashing and deleting dalvik-cache, the runtime still sticks to Dalvik ?

Last edited:

^^Robi

Jun 8, 2013
plus.google.com
Not working anymore :/

Thanks for that it works great on Xperia m2 stock rom kikat...

Today I had to reinstall ROM because softkeyz mod broke something up and the phone did not boot up correctly... So I flashed and wiped all again ( flashed the same stock rom same as before) it worked normal until I tried to get ART back... Now phone won't boot up with ART ... It just stuck at boot animation forever... I leave it 1h and even more but nothing. I tried to wipe and flash all s*** again but it just don't work anymore... Please help I want ART back

Reactions: Lesicnik1

^^Robi

Jun 8, 2013
plus.google.com
Today I had to reinstall ROM because softkeyz mod broke something up and the phone did not boot up correctly... So I flashed and wiped all again ( flashed the same stock rom same as before) it worked normal until I tried to get ART back... Now phone won't boot up with ART ... It just stuck at boot animation forever... I leave it 1h and even more but nothing. I tried to wipe and flash all s*** again but it just don't work anymore... Please help I want ART back

I managed to fix this problem... How? Fully wipe and reflash again... Reflash recovery and kernel... Reflash EnableART and superSU....

net8

Feb 18, 2012
ict.net.in
I used an utility app 'ADB Toggle' which simply showed me the developer options (usually hidden in some builds) to select the runtime. Note that Runtime is selectable only if implemented. In Kitkat onwards we can expect it to show up.

It shows which run time is currently active. Select the same option to change the runtime to Dalvik or ART

attachment.php

Select Run time and you are ready to go...

attachment.php

Allow your device to reboot.

This worked for me in every kk device in my circle without any zip or mod (except Android x86 on desktop). I hope it will work for you too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-06-23-11-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-23-11-19.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,277
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-23-11-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-23-11-32.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,276
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just
    Reboot To Recovery
    Wipe Dalvik Cache

Wipe Dalvik/Cache

First Of All ART Is Not Compatible With Xposed. Xposed Itself Change ART To Dalvik. So If You Want To Use ART Uninstall Xposed.

To Check If You Are Using ART Or Dalvik
    Goto
    data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib
    Open File In Text Editor
    If It Says libart.so means You Are On ART
    if It Says libdvm.so Means You Are On Dalvik.

If libart.so and libart-compiler.so is Not Present in lib folder. Your ROM Doesnot Support ART.

For Those Who Are Getting Update Binary Error An Aroma Package Is Made By @Patrics83
    Features :
    * It Doesn't Use Update Binary : So No More Update Binary Issue
    * It Will Show Which Run Time You Are Using.

Download Link

Thanks
    Regards
    Husen
    Just
    Reboot To Recovery
    Wipe Dalvik Cache

Wipe Dalvik/Cache

This is awesome! I'm looking for something like this in a long time, now i can keep them on my phone. And when my i get a bootloop or fc for switching to ART i do not need to factory reset my phone!
    Download Link
    @husen4u: but is correct first zip to enable art? i see all two script report "Enabling Dalvik...", so i excract both updater-scripts and i compared them both and they are identical

Compare enb-dalvik.sh files. They are not identical. Enable ART will switch your phone to ART
    i'm not sure maybe u should check text inside file /data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib If it contain libart.so, you are on ART. my phone also flashed this .zip but it's still dalvik. i don't know why. i am using rom cm11.

No, still it is libdvm.so :crying:

Are you both using xposed framework? Xposed do not work with ART and every boot it switches to dalvik