Return to stock (PG32IMG)

Search This thread

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
my hboot has never changed0.98.0000, its still the same everything in bootloader is same accept unlocked. maybe i need to relock first, don't know?

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

well the downgrade tool goes from .98 to .97 thats going from a newer to older????

sk842018

May 29, 2010
indiana
maybe i'm going about this all wrong i don't know, i want to run the downgrade tool so i can get s-off, with alpharev, but i have no stock rom to fall back on when my sdcard got poked. so i'm running cm7/2, and i understand i can't run the downgrade with that rom installed.so i was trying to ruu then relock and downgrade, thats it!!1

i can fastboot flash anything, thats not the problem

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------
the instructions are to install the PG32IMG.zip from the bootloader,not recovery????

Yes bootlaoder since your s-on its possible that may be the probleThe HTC dev unlock has had its share of issues

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

my hboot has never changed0.98.0000, its still the same everything in bootloader is same accept unlocked. maybe i need to relock first, don't know?

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

well the downgrade tool goes from .98 to .97 thats going from a newer to older????

Even through hboot didn't change. The HTC dev unlocks different. Its possible thats ur problem

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
well i can fkash any rom i want,noproblem with adb but it can be a pain in the butt to be straped to a computer, also having problems with kernels if they aren't in the roms boot.img. thats all i just thought maybe i could get s-off but i guess not

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
There have been others that have used the HTC dev method and went back so they could get s off. Have you tried 4ext recovery? It has a built in tool for flashing kernels even with s on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Well if its updated then it will ask you once you run the app on your phone it will ask you if are s on. When you select yes it will set you up so 4ext flashes the kernel.

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
i set it up once and updated it but don't remember it asking if i was s-on, well hey thanks to everyone here, i'll keep tryin.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

if i flash a rom, with ext your telling me i don't have to flash the boot.img with adb, is that right.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
With the newer versions of 4ext it will take care of that for you. At least that's what is supposed to happen.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
You should check back for updates and stuff. 4ext is updated often.

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
ok i installed it again it says s-on :4ext smartflash not availible for your device

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Well thats a bust the katest version does not support s-on smartflash

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Hmmmm. Sounds like you're SOL bro. Have you tried doing an OEM lock on the bootloader before attempting the downgrade or flashing the ruu?

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Not yet-this is my neaxt step if i decide to do iT

LETS SEE: Code is fastboot oem lock=right??

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

ok relocked ruu installing now, wow

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
i'd like to thank all you guys here for the time and effort thanks again-on my way to s-off i hope

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

i'll let you know how it goes with downgrade

i'd like to thank all you guys here for the time and effort thanks again-on my way to s-off i hope

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

i'll let you know how it goes with downgrade
Yeah man, S-OFF is wayyyyy better. You don't have to worry about being tied down, as well as you can flash ANY RUU file since you don't have to worry about the "newer/older version" message coming up.

Reactions: Aldo101t

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I most definitely advocate against using the HTC dev method. Unlocking the bootloader just seems pointless without being s off as well.

Reactions: Aldo101t

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Title says it all. This is from the last OTA software version 5.10.605.9. For those that wish/need to return their Inc2 to stock form. Download this, place on root of SD Card, reboot to boot loader and allow the update to run. This will put your Inc 2 back to stock GB ROM, kernel & factory recovery. This has not been modified in any way. Completely stock... bloat, odexed and all.... A lot of people have been asking about returning to stock for various reasons so I decided to put this here for anyone that needs it.

MAKE SURE BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE RUNNING!

Download.

Make sure the zip is on root of SD Card.

Rename to PG32IMG.zip

Boot to boot loader.

Let it run.

DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PROCESS IN ANY WAY ONCE IT STARTS!!

Download link:
    VZW 5.10.605.9 Stock with kernel and radio

md5: 7a3e4cb260cb4534d4c1166197d685e5
    AGAIN... this will put you back to unrooted stock with stock kernel, latest radio and stock recovery. It will not remove S-off.
    Have fun guys... I'll have some more stuff (yes updates too) for you soon... been nuts here, sorry. I'll also get back to the list of PM's I have... I'm not ignoring you... :p:eek:
    I understand bro, its been asked and answered on I think every page. I really hope and I'm sure there's plenty more that do not wanna see you go, your a awesome dev and very appreciated. Hell I asked few devs about returning to stock even had a slight conversation with the dev that made flashback for Eris. He was kinda interested, just said it would take a while. When I really needed it and I pm you, you were right there and whipped this up. I know I appreciate you,your time,and ALL your work.

I try anyway... Lol. Trust me. I'll still be around. I'll just be a bigger **** to people than previously when they ask stupid questions haha. :p

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium
    Title says it all. This is from the last OTA software version 5.10.605.9. For those that wish/need to return their Inc2 to stock form. Download this, place on root of SD Card, reboot to boot loader and allow the update to run. This will put your Inc 2 back to stock GB ROM, kernel & factory recovery. This has not been modified in any way. Completely stock... bloat, odexed and all.... A lot of people have been asking about returning to stock for various reasons so I decided to put this here for anyone that needs it.

The zip is already named for you.
    MAKE SURE BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE RUNNING!
    Download.
    Make sure the zip is on root of SD Card.
    Boot to boot loader.
    Let it run.

DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PROCESS IN ANY WAY ONCE IT STARTS!!

Download link:
    VZW 5.10.605.9 Stock with kernel and radio

AGAIN... this will put you back to unrooted stock with stock kernel, latest radio and stock recovery. It will not remove S-off.

Thanks bro. Btw I'm thinking my ics is looking too blue...would love to work on a red ics theme (spicy chicken sandwich?) I just need a guy who knows what he's doing (hint hint) if you want to try something out.

Dear Inc2 owners..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068236

btw..

su
    killall drmserver
    will this relock bootloader? just curious

Seriously? You are joking, right?.. please say you are joking.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium