Tested Roms on SPH-L720T

Search This thread

jenenser83

Jan 19, 2012
Any other roms tested? Just picked up the 720T. I'm very interested on hotspot mod. Any ideas searched and still have not managed to find a clear answer if i am able to flash regular 720 roms.

I've rooted and i have Philz. I'm just wondering, is the only worry about using 720 roms is the Knox and the flags? I dont really care, i just dont want to brick it. Thanks in advanced.

I'm not a newb, and im ready to test w/e you guys are testing. Where should i start? I would like a custom TW rom though, for hotspot. Does Hotspot work in Liquid or Carbon? i see you said you did, but i wasn't sure if you meant hotspot (i know wifi tether means that, just want to make sure).

Big hugs from Florida

I flashed tri-force 5.3 hotspots works like a charm...

td030981

Sep 4, 2013
Olive Branch
Unless you just really want to install a rom, you can just install wifi tether router app and get hot spot. It's a paid app but if you search it can be found for no $$$. ;) I'm running stock 4.4.2 rooted and hot spot works great.

Sent from my SPH-L720T running OTA 4.4.2 (kit-kat) using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 440Magnum

VandyCWG

Unless you just really want to install a rom, you can just install wifi tether router app and get hot spot. It's a paid app but if you search it can be found for no $$$. ;) I'm running stock 4.4.2 rooted and hot spot works great.

Yea, you can find a pirated version, but it's 2 bucks. Support your developers in this stuff folks. 2 bucks get you a 30 dollar a month service.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stonedraiders

Mar 5, 2014
Im very new to this. Im trying to figure out whats what. Can anyone explain to me what a svn is.. i clicked on this link and it asked me for a user name and password.

sandman515

Mar 1, 2014
Yea, you can find a pirated version, but it's 2 bucks. Support your developers in this stuff folks. 2 bucks get you a 30 dollar a month service.

Plus that's 2 bucks for unlimited. The monthly hotspot plans have limits now just like the tablet data plans. +1 drop the two bucks to support the dev. Its nothing compared to what you get for it.

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California

Never again report Warez or recommend it. Its against the rules.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: youngnex

td030981

Sep 4, 2013
Olive Branch
Sorry wasn't trying to cause issues. Was try to help. No harm was meant. :(

kerney

Apr 6, 2014
galaxy s4 sph-l720t sim unlock

hi! every one could some please tell me if the sprint model SPH-L720T can be sim unlock to be a world phone? is there any way to do it like the old versión sph-l720,
thank you very much, i hope to hear soon about it.

youngnex

Sep 29, 2011
Tampa, FL
C -Rom has been confirmed working. I will test out and reply with my test. Just FYI. I doubt it has Spark.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium HD app

hakeem0996

Nov 4, 2007
GALAXY S5

Does anyone know if the new S5 is tri-band ? if it is that might be our only hope to get tri-band roms for our 720t phones . Lte is 10 times better now on my phone so unless its a tri-band with spark Rom i don't want it

JerryGNYC

Jun 28, 2010
You can't get here from there...
Does anyone know if the new S5 is tri-band ? if it is that might be our only hope to get tri-band roms for our 720t phones . Lte is 10 times better now on my phone so unless its a tri-band with spark Rom i don't want it

People are still getting LTE on their 720Ts without a tri-band ROM. Just not Spark/Tri-band LTE. It's still a big improvement over 3G. I have 3G over most of my commute into NYC, no LTE until midtown... :(

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

What about WiFi Calling with AOSP or L720 standard roms?

I believe there are apps that let you call over the Internet, but nothing native that I'm aware of (doesn't mean they don't exist, but...).

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

I'm working on a deoxed version of NAF. But I've never done this before. Im running C-rom and its doing pretty good.

Sent from my SPH-L720T

I just updated to NC6 yesterday, no custom recovery yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing your results! TIA!

youngnex

Sep 29, 2011
Tampa, FL
C-rom is working pretty good over here. The internet hotspot is working above average. I'm almost noticing faster speeds or as fast compared to spark with 4glte. Camera is a little edgy comparing to stock camera (Samsung) but with the Google camera and pro HDR camera I'm pretty happy.

Sent from my SPH-L720T

dom2570

Nov 18, 2013
I am on the negalite ROM I don't have spark but everything else seems to be working. I'm on NC6. It was screwey at first but after flashing KT kernel it has been really smooth.
9u5eqyty.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

The S5 is tri band. Hopefully that will help us out.

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
Does anyone know where I can find stock NAF tar files (and any other FW) for ODIN and a root method and hotspot mod for this "T" version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I successful install universal Carbon Rom and latest TWRP on the Sprint SG 4 Tri-Band variant. I do not own the device but the only thing I could find was that the MAX CPU speed clock on this Rom is 1.8 GHZ, do not know if that is normal. It will display DIGITAL ROAMING even thou it is connected to the Sprint Network.

Universal Carbon Rom what is working
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi & USB tethering
    • Camera
    • Sprint LTE 4G internet
    • Makes and Receives Calls
    • Speaker on call and regular speaker

Broken
    • Display for Carrier Name (DIGITAL ROAMING)

Not tested
    • NFC
    • Google Wallet

APPS That are working
    • Comadose v3.5
    • Xposed Frame work
    • Gravity Box [KK]
    • Wanam Xposed
    • Network Speed Indicator
    • more...

Thank to Carbon Rom Team, @teamwin, @Goddly
    Links:

Warning Flashing custom recovery will result in Knox 0x1 Samsung Warranty VOID

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S4 (SPRINT) works on T variant
    Code:
    http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/178

Universal Carbon Rom Nightly
    Code:
    https://carbon-rom.com/downloads/?device=jflte&type=nightly

Code:
    AOSP JFLTE Universal
    http://probam.net/android-kikat-download/?device=jflte

Code:
    CM 11 JFLTE Universal
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltel

Code:
    Pac Rom JFLTE Universal
    http://pacman.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/jflte/nightly/

Be careful testing TW roms and always make a nandroid backup and have a copy of the official tar for Odin flash just in case. I have not tested any TW roms.

Comadose V3.5 (Requires bussy box)
    Code:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2382805

Does anyone know where I can find stock NAF tar files (and any other FW) for ODIN and a root method and hotspot mod for this "T" version?

Sammobile.com has NAF as well as NC6 (http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=28778).

CF Auto Root worked great for me.

HTH,
    -Jerry
    ComaDose breaks tether on CM. And its variants..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Liquidsmooth

I installed liquidsmooth 3.0 on my sph-l720t and I have no issues with apps and phone has been stable for about 3 days now :good: