[Q] HTC one S brick

Search This thread

Lennardude

Mar 11, 2014
Hello,

I'm new here but today I tried to root my phone and put CM10 on it. Rooting was not that hard but with flashing the rom I had some problems. I used a tutorial from youtube "Htc One s jellybean 4.2.2 Nightly Cm10.1 Rom" and did everything as he said but when I tried to boot CM it came in a boot loop so I restored my backup and everything was back normal again. But I thought i'll give it another try so I did that and it still didn't work so I restored (via recovery) and at the end it said: It appears your phone isn't rooted do you wanna do it now...(or something like that)? I found that a bit strange but I clicked yes but now if I boot up my phone first you just see "HTC - quietly brilliant" and then the red letters come beneath it saying its a developers version. I Couldn't do anything so I jumped into my bootloader and did factory reset but now everything is gone and I still have that booting problem,

I can acces bootloader and recovery mode but that's it

I really need my phone soon and don't have much time to look on the internet for solutions so could you please help me?

Thanks in advance!!

Lennard

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
Do you have the RUU for your phone? Maybe that would be the quick fix to take it back to stock. You can use an RUU that's equal or newer than what you have currently.
BTW: I went through this as well.

ka_55

Dec 11, 2013
Ankara
Which hboot version and radio?
Cm10 uses 3.4.x kernel, it won't boot with old firmware

Sent from my One S

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
Do you remember doing any of the following?

-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe dalvik cache

I think that was my problem that I didn't wipe the cache completely. Possibly a bad download too. Do a search on md5. It's basically a check to see if your download is ok before flashing.

As far the RUU is concerned, it will take you back to stock. You will need the info that appears when you start the phone up by holding down VOL DOWN and POWER. Hold down volume down, then press the power for a second or 2. Then it will boot up into HBOOT.
Write down the info that appears and search for a matching RUU equal or newer.
What is the carrier???

Lennardude

Mar 11, 2014
Do you remember doing any of the following?

-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe dalvik cache

I think that was my problem that I didn't wipe the cache completely. Possibly a bad download too. Do a search on md5. It's basically a check to see if your download is ok before flashing.

As far the RUU is concerned, it will take you back to stock. You will need the info that appears when you start the phone up by holding down VOL DOWN and POWER. Hold down volume down, then press the power for a second or 2. Then it will boot up into HBOOT.
Write down the info that appears and search for a matching RUU equal or newer.
What is the carrier???

I did the factory reset, dalvik cache and cache wipe. When I tried to install CM it indeed said unable to find md5 or something like that.

I think I have a europe version and looked for fitting RUU but the numbers are completely different maybe you could find a good RUU? (See attachement) Btw I have S4/Ville/Z520e

Attachments

• foto.JPG
    foto.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 70

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I don't know if this is it but it says CID: HTC__E11

yes thats it :)

This should be the right RUU http://www.androidruu.com/getdownload.php?file=Ville/RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.8_Radio_1.11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_301814_signed_2_4.exe

MAY anyone who reads this confirm it? Just to be safe at all.

btw. "HTC_E11" = unbranded Netherlands

Due to you're S-ON you will have to relock your bootloader to perform a RUU update.

Here you can find a step by step RUU guide by "Flashalot" http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51016251

Last edited:

Lennardude

Mar 11, 2014
yes thats it :)

This should be the right RUU http://www.androidruu.com/getdownload.php?file=Ville/RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.8_Radio_1.11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_301814_signed_2_4.exe

MAY anyone who reads this confirm it? Just to be safe at all.

btw. "HTC_E11" = unbranded Netherlands

Due to you're S-ON you will have to relock your bootloader to perform a RUU update.

Here you can find a step by step RUU guide by "Flashalot" http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51016251
Should I first relock my bootloader and follow the tutorial to flash that RUU of vice versa?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Should I first relock my bootloader and follow the tutorial to flash that RUU of vice versa?

For RUU you need stock recovery and "locked" BL. Please read the guide again and only proceed, if you're sure you got it.

Another question:

You said you got a working recovery? Which version do you use? And have you tried install another custom rom.zip? That would be more easy and safe to you. May be your storage got corrupted and thats why your phone crashed and you can't install the rom.zip stored on the sd-card. You could connect the phone to your pc as mass storage via recovery, format it and put a new customrom.zip on it. By the way, why you installed such an old rom? You can use CM11 for sure :)

Last edited:

Lennardude

Mar 11, 2014
For RUU you need stock recovery and "locked" BL. Please read the guide again and only proceed, if you're sure you got it.

Another question:

You said you got a working recovery? Which version do you use? And have you tried install another custom rom.zip? That would be more easy and safe to you.

In that guide it doesn't say anything about a relocked bootloader.

I do have a working recovery but how can I get a zip file on it? I can't acces the files of my phone in windows explorer or something like that. Also I don't know if I have a stock recovery but if I don't I have to install that via a zip but how can I get that on my phone...?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
In that guide it doesn't say anything about a relocked bootloader.

I do have a working recovery but how can I get a zip file on it? I can't acces the files of my phone in windows explorer or something like that. Also I don't know if I have a stock recovery but if I don't I have to install that via a zip but how can I get that on my phone...?

PLS boot in recovery mode and tell me what "version" it is :) You should find it. If you're not sure about it, you can flash a new recovery before installing a rom. Whe you have a working custom recovery you can mount your sd-card to your computer via recovery.

Found the RUU guide i had in mind http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2501542

Last edited:

Lennardude

Mar 11, 2014
PLS boot in recovery mode and tell me what "version" it is :) You should find it. If you're not sure about it, you can flash a new recovery before installing a rom. Whe you have a working custom recovery you can mount your sd-card to your computer via recovery.

Found the RUU guide i had in mind http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2501542

The problem is, we're talking about an HTC One S which DOESN"T have a SD Card slot...

Top Liked Posts