Troubleshooting Droid Razr HD

Search This thread

databoy2k

Apr 5, 2011
Hey All:

In the CyanogenMod 11 forum it was suggested that I might have some bad blocks in this phone. I've posted before about my problems, but this time I come bearing logs (I hope). Hoping that somebody could give me a few minutes of help to figure out just what the problem is.

This phone randomly crashes. It did it on the stock firmware (prior to bootloader unlock), and it now does it on CM11 (M5). The phone periodically just locks up. When it crashes, it doesn't take a charge and requires the 30-second key hold reset. On my most recent re-flash of M5 I went 21 hours without a crash, then 4 days without a crash, then 11 hours without a crash, two days without a crash, and then had two crashes in the last 24 hours (the second coming 2 hours after the reset). Intermittent and annoying.

I've enabled persist.log.aplogd.enable 1 and have pulled those logs today. I've also got Bootlog Uptime on the phone, though it's only produced two logs. To start with, which logs should I be digging into to troubleshoot?

Thanks for any help.

--Databoy2k

jewbydoo

Jul 26, 2013
This phone randomly crashes. It did it on the stock firmware (prior to bootloader unlock), and it now does it on CM11 (M5). The phone periodically just locks up. When it crashes, it doesn't take a charge and requires the 30-second key hold reset.

This sounds like an honest hardware problem to me. Troubleshooting is the process of eliminating possibilities. Since Stock and Cyanogenmod are affected, that tells us the problem lies outside of the software.

databoy2k

Apr 5, 2011
Thanks. Unfortunately I'm going to have to sue the company that's offered the extended warranty because they refuse to honour it (in fact, one of their reps admitted that they will just keep taking it back, "repairing it", and wait out the extended warranty), so I'm trying to get together a full log of the problem to fix it.

This phone's been in twice for "repairs"; six weeks each time and the phone wasn't even factory reset when it returned.