[Q] Deleted SecCalendarProvider.apk and now calendar doesnt work on M8

Search This thread

luxinseattle

Jul 2, 2014
Before I state the problem, I would like to say this is self inflicted and I should have been more careful. But hindsight is 20/20.

I recently got an M8. Rooted, TWRPd it, and deleted a bunch of bloatware (or so I thought) using the TWRP File Manager. In the process, I think I deleted the Calendar Provider service apk. Now my calendar doesnt work and I randomly get this message your Exchange service has stopped unexpectedly eventhough, my exchange email is coming through.

I was a dummy and didnt do a backup thinking I am only deleting a bunch of unwanted stuff. What can I do now. I tried downloading some version of this SecCalendarProvider.apk from the internet and put it in the system/apps folder but nothing has changed. I dont think it even got started.

What can I do at this point? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

SBColasito

Jul 1, 2014
Before I state the problem, I would like to say this is self inflicted and I should have been more careful. But hindsight is 20/20.

I recently got an M8. Rooted, TWRPd it, and deleted a bunch of bloatware (or so I thought) using the TWRP File Manager. In the process, I think I deleted the Calendar Provider service apk. Now my calendar doesnt work and I randomly get this message your Exchange service has stopped unexpectedly eventhough, my exchange email is coming through.

I was a dummy and didnt do a backup thinking I am only deleting a bunch of unwanted stuff. What can I do now. I tried downloading some version of this SecCalendarProvider.apk from the internet and put it in the system/apps folder but nothing has changed. I dont think it even got started.

What can I do at this point? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

This section is for HTC One (M7)

mike-y

Feb 7, 2008
Los Angeles
go to the M8 forum and request an apk for that file and see if you can copy it back to your phone. you will need a file explorer with root access.

For future tinkering, use a program like Titanium Backup that allows you to "freeze" and backup apps, in addition to deleting them.

You can freeze suspect apps which will remove them from being seen in the OS, but it won't delete them. If no problems occur after a while, you can safely delete it. But if you discover a problem, you can "defrost" the file and you are good again. you can also make backups of apps before deleting them.

luxinseattle

Jul 2, 2014
go to the M8 forum and request an apk for that file and see if you can copy it back to your phone. you will need a file explorer with root access.

For future tinkering, use a program like Titanium Backup that allows you to "freeze" and backup apps, in addition to deleting them.

You can freeze suspect apps which will remove them from being seen in the OS, but it won't delete them. If no problems occur after a while, you can safely delete it. But if you discover a problem, you can "defrost" the file and you are good again. you can also make backups of apps before deleting them.

Thanks. I will do just that.