[mod][BETA][PATCH] ROM_PATCH V1.2 for ics- full freedom -

Search This thread

battlekry

May 21, 2010
This was solid looking work, very clean recovery interface.. Sad to see development will not continue.. For what it was, thanks..

hkfan

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
it would be great if you can add an example of exactly what to do with a latest and greatest ROM available . I am sure people will start using it when they are comfortable.

Xenoism

Oct 8, 2010
Chicago
I'm very interested in seeing this project continue ^^

Maybe someone can record a video of the process just to be sure people are clear exactly what to do :]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can continue the project if i get proper feedback from you

thanks a lot to amarullz for providing aroma installer, and thanks to nightshack0 I have taken his installer and modded to work for this patch
    had you ever feel that another galaxy s variant's forum have a ics rom which suits all your need but you cannot flash it because it is not yet ported to your device but now all this will not happen again with this patch you can install which ROM you want to flash there will be no boundation for you.

this patch will let you flash other I9000 or t959 roms I have not tried it on other variant but you can try and let me know if it works, I have tried to flash a nexus s rom and it was not flashing so just flash and let me know there is no harm no soft brick no hard brick just physical button will not work until you flash this patch or another rom

how to use this patch:- first flash the rom you wanted then this patch and if rom is not flashing read the FAQ

download link

*AROMA compatible v1.2:- http://bit.ly/rompat12 (39mb)

* AROMA compatible v1.1:- http://bit.ly/JpHy83 (41mb)

* VIBRANT patch:- http://db.tt/j3ZIdudZ (12mb)

PROS:- 1.flash which ics rom you want

2. new world with more rom have been revealed

3. rom chefs work have been reduced because now they do not need to port their rom.

4. small size just 12mb

5. TWRP kernel is pre bundled thanks to KRARVIND

CONS:- 1. you cannot get the build properties(build.prop) of the rom you are flashing instead you will get the build property which will not be related to any ics rom

the patch do not contains any file which can cause a bug and patch will only work on ics roms not gb

For further clarification read FAQ on second post

if you are getting status 7 or getprop error then a little work from your side is needed

extract the rom to a folder then go to /extracted folder/META - INF/com/Google/Android from there open updater-script and remove all getprop lines

come back to META - INF folder and delete all three files

zip the file and flash it in recovery

NOTE:- to edit updater script use jota text editor(android), notepad (windows)

update:- flashed fascinate rom by editing updater script and without resigning got it booted up but it cleared my efs folder so was not getting any network coverage, I got very depressed tried cleared data restore nandroid but nothing works then I thought about efs and with the backup I copy imei files to efs folder and after reboot I got coverage now I will not flash any fascinate rom just for testing but I can say that fascinate rom are working
    PATCH FAQ

FAQ

Q.:- how to use this installer
    Ans:- don't worry about this all the instruction have been given in the installer you just need to flash the package in recovery it is just like installation wizard of windows
    Q.- will this also work on gb rom
    Ans:- no the patch contains a kernel which cannot work with gb rom

Q.:- while flashing a galaxy s ics rom I got an error of assert failed what to do.
    Ans:- first flash this patch then go to advance and select reboot recovery with new TWRP recovery flash the rom then again flash patch

Q.:- why you provided custom build.prop.
    Ans:- if build.prop will not be provided then rom's build.prop will change you device's build properties which will not letyou flash files specially created for vibrant

Q.:- can I flash another vibrant ics kernel
    Ans:- yes you can flash

Q.:- can I flash a kernel I9000 or I897
    Ans:- no you cannot flash

Q.:- can you give some info about TWRP kernel
    Ans:- a bigmem kernel with 720p recording patch originally can be found in Slim Ice rom thanks KRARVIND for this

Q.:- what can happen if I forgot to flash this patch
    Ans:- nothing serious just the physical keys (menu, back etc.) will not work except this everything will be normal just boot to recovery and flash the patch and keys will work again

Q.:- I like your work where can I donate you
    Ans:- my work is not that much to be donated and I got pocket money from my father I am just a teenager of seventeen just press thanks button and I will be happy

Q.:- Is there any modem provided Ans:- no, there is no modem in the package and will be provided in next update following in 3-5 days
    Then any editing can be preformed after one just simply "unzip" or "unrar" a zip file or a rar file then just re-zip it flash?

dhlalit11 really, just re-zip it and flash it?

yes it is true for cwm flash pack

but not for apps they needed to be signed

only stock recovery do not allow to flash unsigned package
    cwm recovery do not need the zip to be signed, unsigned zips can be flashed and to sign just install zipsigner 2 from play store and sign the zip with test key

zipping is used to make the package read only if you add new thing or remove something then zip will not flash but with unsigned zip you can change whatever you want
    updated ROM_PATCH to v1.2