[FIX] Rotation Fix For JB Skyrocket Roms

Search This thread

ssmr2t

Jan 19, 2011
When I attempt to flash this on Skytrocket paranoid, seems I get boot loops... any idea as to how I can avoid that?

wbexpress

Jan 5, 2007
Philadelphia
OK, I'm slightly confused and very gun-shy at the moment. I just installed PA 8.1 and it booted fine until I rebooted to install gapps and then tried to apply the rotation fix and it bootlooped, even after flashing Darkside cache wipe, and the trying again just wiping cache partition and dalvik cache. I see 3 different "fixes" (rotation_fix.zip/rotation_build.prop_fix.zip and rotation fix & IM NOT ON SKYROCKET.zip). Anybody know which is the right one to use? Please see my sig. Thanks...

wbexpress

Jan 5, 2007
Philadelphia
Skyrocket rotation fix

OK, I'm slightly confused and very gun-shy at the moment. I just installed PA 8.1 (Skyrocket) and it booted fine until I rebooted to install gapps and then tried to apply the rotation fix and it bootlooped, even after flashing Darkside cache wipe, and then trying again just wiping cache partition and dalvik cache. I see 3 different "fixes" (rotation_fix.zip/rotation_build.prop_fix.zip and rotation fix & IM NOT ON SKYROCKET.zip). Anybody know which is the right one to use? Please see my sig. Thanks...

BRKotucs

Feb 3, 2011
Houston, Tx
You're question does not belong here in the first place..take it to the Q&A or the general section..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
OK, I'm slightly confused and very gun-shy at the moment. I just installed PA 8.1 and it booted fine until I rebooted to install gapps and then tried to apply the rotation fix and it bootlooped, even after flashing Darkside cache wipe, and the trying again just wiping cache partition and dalvik cache. I see 3 different "fixes" (rotation_fix.zip/rotation_build.prop_fix.zip and rotation fix & IM NOT ON SKYROCKET.zip). Anybody know which is the right one to use? Please see my sig. Thanks...

It should be just the rotation fix zip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Reactions: wbexpress

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ERROR 7 WHEN INSTALLING HAS BEEN FIXED!

YOU NEED TO FLASH THIS ZIP EVERY TIME YOU UPDATE YOU ROM
    If you've been here long enough you'd know that when you flash a skyrocket rom the rotation is backwards. Now this wasn't a problem when yaldak made a rotation fix for it but sadly it didn't work for jelly bean roms. I've gone ahead and made a rotation fix for the skyrocket jelly bean roms seeing as the jelly bean development for that phone is going blazingly fast. The only thing not working is the camera. I made a flashable zip of it just flash it when you install the rom. I can garuntee you the fix works I've tested it. The zip is attached at the bottom of this thread, there is also a mirror for it. Happy flashing!
    Please hit the thanks button if you're using this!

IF YOU ARE USING THIS FIX PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!

This is the skyrocket jelly bean thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775133

Mirror: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37101734/rotation fix.zip

My steps for installation:
    1.Wipe /data /cache /system and dalvik cache
    2. Flash Rom
    3. Flash JB Gapps
    4. Reboot and sign into Google Account
    5. Flash Rotation Fix & build.prop fix (its one zip)
    6. Have Fun!
    YOU NEED TO FLASH THIS ZIP EVERY TIME YOU UPDATE YOU ROM

ERROR 7 WHEN INSTALLING HAS BEEN FIXED!
    This should be stickied

Sent from my Paranoid SGH-T989
    Rogers is Canadian, and among silly things like free health care they have milk in bags. Such a silly place eh?

=]

edit: totally messed up tmobile and rogers. Although they both require rotation fixes, so I'm not completely stupid

lmao someone didnt have their breakfast milk this morning im assuming...
    Bump to the top

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
    Skyrocket man here just saying well done. Also, your milk comes in bags. HA!

Wait what haha?