[ROM][T889UVALJ1]The Tether Edition [20 Nov]

Search This thread

cmenard

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Atlanta
This is a modded stock firmware that enables native tethering. Just use the controls in Settings like normal. No toggles, No BS

Features
  • Deodexed
  • Rooted
  • Init.d support
  • unsecure kernel
  • Carrier IQ free
  • Editable TMO APN Settings
  • Full Stock Bloat

This is based on stock firmware so WiFi calling works. MultiWindow however doesn't. Yet...

Download
T889UVALJ1_Deodexed_Tether_Edition_v1.zip
MD5: 6011fa3748bafb707f85edf821319c46

Instructions
Download
Flash in custom recovery
Enjoy

Other ROM devs

Please give credit if you're going to use this ROM as your next base or any piece of it your ROM. I don't mind sharing, so let's all be respectful of each other's time and effort.

Credits
teshxx - for the deodexed base :good:

Last edited:

Mizanari_Kae

Apr 3, 2008
Orlando
Alllllll right you... you're the hero! Now all we need is multi window but id glady drop the thought for classical tethering ;)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

ssCISengineer

Jul 26, 2012
charlotte nc
you people should be asking to donate to this developer He has been the one to do way more for our device. than any other begging developers On here

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cmenard

shizenyasuya

Sep 19, 2008
Seattle
I downloaded it, but there was a problem with the file. a lot of files I get from the goo.im servers seem to have the same problem. they appear corrupted and won't flash. on another thread someone mentioned that that server adds a .html extension to the file and that removing that so that it ends in .zip should fix it, but all the files i have already end in .zip and before anybody suggests otherwise, yes I've adjusted the settings on my windows computer to not hide file extensions.

glava

Jun 20, 2008
Downloaded it, but couldn't get it to install. I haven't had issues with any other roms. Tried wiping the device, and the cache. Put the zip initially on the internal memory then the external sd, but just get an invalid zip error from recovery, with the image of the android on his back with a door to his stomach open and red ball figure above it. A little traumatizing really, but when I get a little more time I will flash a different recovery. Heard in the past that has cured some flashing issues. That is unless someone else has some other suggestions.

statuzz

Jul 31, 2009
SWF
Pulled the link do to a bad zip file again. I'll get another uploaded this evening.

Man thank u! u r doing a wonderful job here..I have an innocent question :) can u do the same u did with the ROM from 7105 but with the new 4.1.2 update.. :D

Edit: is fine, I just notice it was for the n7100 only, and the mod u did was for n7105..thanks anyway :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Mizanari_Kae

Apr 3, 2008
Orlando
OK people I download and rezipped it on my pc, i have a lil tiny piece of experience with these un installabe cwm zips i learn that they are easy to mess for flashing when modifying them on the pc, im not a expert but it seem that they have be packed a certian way, i learned this doing my own winzipdev thing. Lol there is one file that corrupted from what it seems after repacking it myself ivevgotten it to install however people here's the bad news there is another block tmo has put up, and I did try changing the agent string like before and fail, I keep getting rerouted to that gay tether plan page...

cmenard

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Atlanta
OK people I download and rezipped it on my pc, i have a lil tiny piece of experience with these un installabe cwm zips i learn that they are easy to mess for flashing when modifying them on the pc, im not a expert but it seem that they have be packed a certian way, i learned this doing my own winzipdev thing. Lol there is one file that corrupted from what it seems after repacking it myself ivevgotten it to install however people here's the bad news there is another block tmo has put up, and I did try changing the agent string like before and fail, I keep getting rerouted to that gay tether plan page...

Try the real build... posted from my Galaxy Tab 2 tethered to my Note 2 ;)

Reactions: deeznutz1977

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a modded stock firmware that enables native tethering. Just use the controls in Settings like normal. No toggles, No BS

Features
    • Deodexed
    • Rooted
    • Init.d support
    • unsecure kernel
    • Carrier IQ free
    • Editable TMO APN Settings
    • Full Stock Bloat

This is based on stock firmware so WiFi calling works. MultiWindow however doesn't. Yet...

Download
    T889UVALJ1_Deodexed_Tether_Edition_v1.zip
    MD5: 6011fa3748bafb707f85edf821319c46

Instructions
    Download
    Flash in custom recovery
    Enjoy

Other ROM devs

Please give credit if you're going to use this ROM as your next base or any piece of it your ROM. I don't mind sharing, so let's all be respectful of each other's time and effort.

Credits
    teshxx - for the deodexed base :good:
    +1 I would also like to know

I thought about this last night and I think I'll do a garyd9 style how-to one day this week. I was really only getting my two firmware bases on a somewhat level playing field while I decided whether to add Wifi Calling to the n7105 firmware or MultiWindow to the T889 firmware... Figured since I had a stock T889 base with working tethering everyone could benefit from it. So I posted it.
    2. Overclocking Ability - i am using this ROM @ 1.9ghz what overclocking ability ?? :D

May I ask what advantages you get at OC'ing to 1.9? I mean, I like OC'ing once in awhile just to run a benchmark(Even though they really don't mean anything) but other than that I haven't seen this phone slow down one bit at 1.6ghz. So far everything I throw at it has ran without any lag or slowdowns what so ever. I've owned a lot of great phones but when it comes to power this phone just kills everything.
    I would imagine it goes something like this

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33453910#post33453910

Sans the part about coding it into a ROM. So forgive me if that was your intent.

Kinda... I just used some of the n7105 firmware pieces.
    you people should be asking to donate to this developer He has been the one to do way more for our device. than any other begging developers On here

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2