I quit.

Search This thread

domini99

Jan 9, 2012
Maasbracht
www.goglogo.com
I f÷׶ing quit.

I've been using this galaxy s2 for months but I quit.

Enough, simply enough.
This thing's battery life is so poor its just unusable. Rebooting the device makes me lose half the battery, and I can't fix it.

I really like this phone for it's performance but except for that it sucks. I've been trying to fix this for months but I cant get it working. No matter which ROM or which kernel, a full battery can't even hold one single evening of reading 9gag. (It survives just a hour, maybe a little more...)

ed9170394e8b1ce0df7e2fa9e5c1226c.jpg

The drop in the middle is a reboot

1de6c9a285e3ca9e417e5daf6e8b27b6.jpg

I've not used the phone all day, but at the second I touch it it drains from 70% to 10% in not even a hour, only app running was 9gag. It does NEVER survive a school day, no longer than 1/1.5 hour screen on time... The battery in it is brand new, and I even had it replaced twice by Samsung.

I'm sorry all, I'm taking my iphone with me tomorrow. This is no more fun.

Nightshadow931

Oct 25, 2011
Belgrade
Xiaomi Mi 10
You obviosly have media scanner issue, since sdcard is the first one listed. Install BBS for more info, but I'm sure it's media scanner. It can be fixed quite easily though.
About losing half of the battery when you reboot, it's a KK's bug on S2.(That is KK you're using, right ? ) It is annoying, but can be solved. Just plug it into charger, reboot to recovery, and then reboot the recovery itself. Battery percentage should fill up.

And at the end, you should't have rooted and installed a custom ROM(s) if you can't solve a simple problems like this.
With sammy based ROMs, you wouldn't have had those issues, but KK based ROMs are not perfect, so either deal with it, or simply don't use them.

Kushal19

Jan 8, 2014
You obviosly have media scanner issue, since sdcard is the first one listed. Install BBS for more info, but I'm sure it's media scanner. It can be fixed quite easily though.
About losing half of the battery when you reboot, it's a KK's bug on S2.(That is KK you're using, right ? ) It is annoying, but can be solved. Just plug it into charger, reboot to recovery, and then reboot the recovery itself. Battery percentage should fill up.

And at the end, you should't have rooted and installed a custom ROM(s) if you can't solve a simple problems like this.
With sammy based ROMs, you wouldn't have had those issues, but KK based ROMs are not perfect, so either deal with it, or simply don't use them.

Well said man, also I'd like to add, maybe try an app like Greenify, it helps A LOT with battery. :)

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

You certainly have a problem with the mediascanner... A clean install would probably fix it...

Yeah, this bug used to happen to me a lot, a clean install would fix it, also maybe try a new rom? I've been on PACman since 4.2.2 and it's amazing=p
The battery is really good. :) Maybe try SetCPU as an app? - It's really good:)

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
You have some serious sh*t going on your phone, dude... :p

I am browsing 9GAG also on my S2, and I can survive 2 Hours straight PLUS listening to music PLUS using Viper4Android (High Quality Sound Applied)... And has an extra 30 minutes to spare! :D

It's either something badass app running on your Background, or your Battery is just weak... :p

I have a 2-year-old Stock Battery and I can perform these... So... Yeah... Your setup sucks... Don't blame your s2... :good:

:D :) ;) :good:

domini99

Jan 9, 2012
Maasbracht
www.goglogo.com

I am browsing 9GAG also on my S2, and I can survive 2 Hours straight PLUS listening to music PLUS using Viper4Android (High Quality Sound Applied)... And has an extra 30 minutes to spare! :D

It's either something badass app running on your Background, or your Battery is just weak... :p

I have a 2-year-old Stock Battery and I can perform these... So... Yeah... Your setup sucks... Don't blame your s2... :good:

I can't use 9gag longer than a hour,
Im not done troubleshooting b because I simply can't give up Android.. Nobody can :(

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
I can't use 9gag longer than a hour,
Im not done troubleshooting b because I simply can't give up Android.. Nobody can :(

Dude... Just use BetterBatteryStats! Or GSM Battery Monitor to see what Apps are eating your extra battery juices! :D

I also recommend you to stick to Stock-JB-based ROMs (like NeatROM JB), since it's one of the Custom Stock ROMs that's gonna give you a longer-lasting battery. I recommend NeatROM since it's packed with Apolo Kernel, which also a good kernel for battery! :D

I use SlimSaber KitKat by fusionjack, since I want features. But if you want to enjoy more Screen-ON time with your S2, better get NeatROM :good:

Nightshadow931

Oct 25, 2011
Belgrade
Xiaomi Mi 10
That's the bug on every KitKat based ROM, I already told you. You haven't actually lost your battery p
ercentage, it's just showing wrong informations.
Just reboot to recovery with your phone plugged into the charger, and then reboot the recovery itself, and your battery should fill up.
And install BetterBatteryStats, let your phone idle during the night, and post the log here, so we can tell you if there's anything specific draining your battery.

Sent from my GT-I9100

domini99

Jan 9, 2012
Maasbracht
www.goglogo.com
That's the bug on every KitKat based ROM, I already told you. You haven't actually lost your battery p
ercentage, it's just showing wrong informations.
Just reboot to recovery with your phone plugged into the charger, and then reboot the recovery itself, and your battery should fill up.
And install BetterBatteryStats, let your phone idle during the night, and post the log here, so we can tell you if there's anything specific draining your battery.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Im not running kitkat.
I'm running kitkat themed jelly bean.

domini99

Jan 9, 2012
Maasbracht
www.goglogo.com
It won't even boot up today, it turns on and immediately gives 0% battery and shuts of again, it was fully charged for sure.

I don't have the time right now to try and get it work again. I'll just use my iPhone...

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Get another device............................................................... ........................................................ ........................................................

TapaTalked from my Xperia™ Z (C660²) running Dirty Unicorns ROM!

domini99

Jan 9, 2012
Maasbracht
www.goglogo.com
Okay, today my phone completely died. It won't stay on for longer than 10 minutes, after that the screen starts to flicker and the phone shuts off.
I already tried to reflash stock rom, but the problem stays there.

I tried a battery from a friend's S2, that was confirmed working in his phone, my phone simply won' t stay on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's the bug on every KitKat based ROM

Fuel gauge chip problem. I have that bug even on stock rom.
    I apologize then, didn't know it happens even on stock ROMs. :)