[widget] Text widget v2.2 (free & donate version), with Tasker/Locale plug-in

Search This thread

tampiss

Aug 28, 2007
Prague
I do not remember which font out of those 4 included I used, but as far as I remember, the facebook was done with spaces between letters "f a c e b o o k" :)

How on earth do I get this to look like the screenshots.. i'm trying to figure out how he got the facebook one with the facebook font and everything.. can someone post a quick HOW-TO so i can get the hang of how to do that with other apps? using facebook or XDA app as an example, i'd really appreciate it =]

sintax

Jun 28, 2006
FLORIDA
Ahhh okay gotcha... I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to work the way you have explained on your site but it's not working exactly so i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong :-\ Any way you could write a bit more detailed guide ? Once I figure it out i'll make a guide for it with screenshots

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
1st of all, excellent concept you have going on Tampiss. Your widget fits perfectly with the minimalist layout that I'm aiming at.

1 favor I'd like to ask from Tampiss or for anyone who got text widget to pull info from Tasker:
Would anyone mind creating a more detailed set of steps? (i.e. to have %BATT or %PACTIVE display on the homescreen.)
I already read the blog post, but I still can't get it to work. :-(

Last edited:

tampiss

Aug 28, 2007
Prague
1st of all, excellent concept you have going on Tampiss. Your widget fits perfectly with the minimalist layout that I'm aiming at.

1 favor I'd like to ask from Tampiss or for anyone who got text widget to pull info from Tasker:
Would anyone mind creating a more detailed set of steps? (i.e. to have %BATT or %PACTIVE display on the homescreen.)
I already read the blog post, but I still can't get it to work. :-(

Ok, to display battery info in the Text Widget using Tasker plug-in is pretty easy.

Here are the steps:
1. create profile in Tasker
a.) click NEW (third button at the bottom)
b.) select EVENT
c.) select POWER
d.) select BATTERY CHANGED
e.) select DONE
f.) add new task
g.) click +
h.) select PLUGIN
ch.) select tText Widget
i.) click EDIT
j.) in first field input ie.: info
k.) in second field input: %BATT%
l.) click OK
m.) click DONE
n.) click DONE
2. create widget on your homescreen
a.) in ADVANCE SETTINGS click on TASKER NAME VARIABLE and input info (the name you used in first field of the Tasker plugin)
b.) push backbutton, and once again to get to your home screen
3. open Tasker once again and run your profile (or wait till the battery level changes) after that you will see the batter level in the widget

tampiss

tekhna

Dec 31, 2007
Seems like a cool app, but I can't seem to get it to play nice with Tasker. Doesn't show up in the plugins options.

Edit: Nevermind, it shows up, but it won't display SMS texts. I think it's a Tasker problem.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new release v1.7

Change log:
    - add color picker for background and font
    - code optimization
    - should you have any troubles, please try to reinstal the widget due to many changes I have done in code

Enjoy :)