[ERA] [ROM] CM10 Unofficial Nightly Thread

Search This thread

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
I'm probably one of the few, but I would prefer a fully functional, purely stock AOSP build, but only if it got enough attention to have all the bugs worked out. As great as things like CM9 are and CM7 was, there's always stuff that after a long time still don't work, and everything gets concentrated on "adding new features" instead of ensuring all the current ones work. I think I'd be perfectly happy with the simplicity of "here's a fully functional bug free stock AOSP 4.1, no need to update every day/week, just run it and you're good". I know it'd take a lot of work too, but I'm just throwing out my personal preference.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 RC1 4.0.4

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm probably one of the few, but I would prefer a fully functional, purely stock AOSP build, but only if it got enough attention to have all the bugs worked out. As great as things like CM9 are and CM7 was, there's always stuff that after a long time still don't work, and everything gets concentrated on "adding new features" instead of ensuring all the current ones work. I think I'd be perfectly happy with the simplicity of "here's a fully functional bug free stock AOSP 4.1, no need to update every day/week, just run it and you're good". I know it'd take a lot of work too, but I'm just throwing out my personal preference.

+1 to that! If you can find the time to continue development, that would be awesome, if not, no sweat, we will have other options I'm sure...

4670271d-3681-20cf.jpg
First

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

this reminds me of

o.canada.jpg

Last edited:

sgtkwol

Sep 2, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Nexus 7 mini...

Tweak build.prop DPI to 128 and add "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0"

Make sure to do both, or you may not be able to read anything. The softkeys enabled will allow you to get to font settings-system and change the font.

younggunner

Jan 7, 2010
todays run with the rom

i had a wonderful time today with my rom - gps locked on everytime i needed it, no issues with internet through the whole day - google now which everyone is aware of hears your voice - but doesnt physically do the search unless you type it in. Simple issue to say the least.

Other then that i had smooth sailing with wifi and every other function today - the only other issue i noticed other then google now, was the rotation of the screen to landscape - but im assuming thats due to me not actually enabling landscape which is a USER ERROR.

Great job guys - keep up the hard work, i can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

to all the people hating on the bugs, and issues currently - im willing to be majority are user error other then the few that are known. I had no issues other then the 2.

Kkthnxbye

Nexus 7 mini...

Tweak build.prop DPI to 128 and add "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0"

Make sure to do both, or you may not be able to read anything. The softkeys enabled will allow you to get to font settings-system and change the font.

Would you mind explaining a bit more on how to edit that? If not Ill google it. Im not trying to be lazy just wanna learn =) Thanks in advanced.

DCRocks

Oct 4, 2010
Washington DC
MДЯCЦSДИT,

Just wanted to say thanks for all you have done, and for releasing what has been accomplished so far to those of us that cant do it on our own!!!

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
+1 to that! If you can find the time to continue development, that would be awesome, if not, no sweat, we will have other options I'm sure...
Well alright. I will stay on it. I assume you guys would prefer that I make it compatible with Epic Modem rather than Nexus (like sense 2.1 is). For me, I think Crespo modems perform better than Epic, but its up to you guys.

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
In fact the nexus modem does perform better on the epic.. I can prove it in screenshots by being in the same exact room.. epics modem I only get 1-2 bars tops any rom.. and Nexus's I get a whopping minimum of 3 bars to full with sense..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
Well alright. I will stay on it. I assume you guys would prefer that I make it compatible with Epic Modem rather than Nexus (like sense 2.1 is). For me, I think Crespo modems perform better than Epic, but its up to you guys.

I could care less as long as it's stable, not stable-ish. And thank you for deciding to continue. Like I said, CM is awesome, but it's just too much constant updating "hoping" all the original features of just the AOSP Android itself without the tweaks and mods will finally one day "all" work. I just want the 4.1 out of the box and working on my Epic and with my Epic's hardware if it's possible.

bstevens23

Jun 25, 2011
The NS4G has working google voice search. I'm sure it's much more complicated than I'm thinking but is there something their ROM possesses that ours does not? I'm not a dev and have no idea how these things work but I know we've used things from them and thought a fix could be found?

I tried looking through their ROM and ours on my PC and I see different files but it's a foreign language to me and I have no idea what to look for/where it would be.

BloatedDuck404

May 5, 2012
Please take your time on this project whether its CM10/CMX or AOKP I'm not in a rush for JB. It looks like ics. I don't understand why people are so hype to get JB if they are on ICS its not too different

zacnking

Jun 30, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
I would say maximize the performance to whatever modem/system that works the most efficient as possible. You do some killer work along with all of the epic community. "If you flash it . . . . They will come"

superlungz420

Jun 26, 2010

I rather get signal with the nexus modem than getting a call then running outside because I have horrible signal in my own house so whatever works the best is great as long as I can use my phone the rest is up to u my friend ..btw great freaking work to everyone that there 2 cents in making this possible. I think I'm gonna cry my epic is awesome once again . Thanks guys
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: zacnking

roguejam

Dec 14, 2010
Raleigh, NC

Whichever is easiest for.you to implement, both in terms of initial coding and tweaks/updates available from the community. If you like crespo, go with that. Being a web dev myself, I for one am happy to go with anything that makes dev easier and more effective. Anything you or the CM devs can provide the Epic community is icing on the cake.

zacnking

Jun 30, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reactions: bubba1114

Top Liked Posts