[Firmware][SGH-I777][JB][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 preview | USER THREAD

Search This thread

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
Ok, so just a heads up and it may have just been some fluke, but when I tried to change my screen ppi to 180, I wasn't able to reboot.

I tried doing a factory reset and that didn't help, so I'm reflashing everything.

Same happened to me before, thought it was an issue with LCD Density Modder.

Maybe Entropy's build does not have this issue. Anyone can test? ;)

Reactions: wonner

Ashhong

Feb 25, 2011
Quick question, is the "do not restore apps from Titanium Backup" a general warning like always, or is it actually a big issue? I have always restored user apps with no issues on all ROMs.

davewuvswaffles

Jul 18, 2010
Philadelphia
Same here. Changed to 200 and it wouldn't reboot and I had to reflash.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Same happened to me before, thought it was an issue with LCD Density Modder.

Maybe Entropy's build does not have this issue. Anyone can test? ;)

Ok so it's not an isolated issue. I want to try editing the build.prop manually, but I'll have to recharge and make a restore incase that doesn't work either. Can't imagine it ending up much differently though.

Nosferatu.

Dec 20, 2011
Tampa, Florida
is this thing any different than the one in the other thread by drake (the kernel I mean Entropy?).

I'm enjoying (knock on wood) no CPU issues that I'm aware of at the moment. Everything works except wifi tethering (will work if left open but not with encryption).

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
is this thing any different than the one in the other thread by drake (the kernel I mean Entropy?).

I'm enjoying (knock on wood) no CPU issues that I'm aware of at the moment. Everything works except wifi tethering (will work if left open but not with encryption).

More up to date, this one (vs i9100) has theme engine and device settings.

Cons would be no sensors (no autobrightness, etc). But that was resolved by Entropy and a new build should be uploaded tomorrow according to him.

Do I need to flash the newest Gapps for Google now to work? I used one from April.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Yes. You need JB specific gapps.

Last edited:

Nosferatu.

Dec 20, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I know hwcomposer is still broke but someone posted in the main thread (i9100 one) how to speed this sucker up. I'm doing it now and it's a rocket. Go under settings, developer options, enable them and at the bottom tick these two (and watch the phone fly)...

1.) Force GPU rendering
2.)Disable HW overlays (this one doesn't seem to stick after reboots)

ENJOY! :) I take no credit for this someone else did it over in the other thread. The interface screams like this. Maybe it's placebo to me but it runs even smoother IMO. Any other takers it's a benign setting switch let me know.

EDIT:

If the OP wants to have a video showing it in action here ya go I made this a little while ago. This way people know what they're walking into on the S2 with JB.

Video of it in action:

Last edited:

dev997

Jan 27, 2011
Irvine
Status 7 error

Hi,

I tried flashing this and got some build.prop error with Status 7 error. I tried to copy and download it twice and same error again.

I'm currently on siyah kernel 3.4.4 and it has cwm 5.5.0.4 .DO I need to update the cwm before flashing this ?

Thanks

ferrocene

May 7, 2010
Hi,

I tried flashing this and got some build.prop error with Status 7 error. I tried to copy and download it twice and same error again.

I'm currently on siyah kernel 3.4.4 and it has cwm 5.5.0.4 .DO I need to update the cwm before flashing this ?

Thanks

A few pages back I posted a fix that worked for me, namely, flash serendipity or any GB ROM first.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

ou812bkewl

Dec 11, 2010
Orange
I always just extract the build.prop out of the install zip. Then I replace it in the system directory right before rebooting to cwm to start the flash. It never gives me status 7 anymore now that I do that.

Just use ES File Explorer with root and sys write mounting enabled. Open the zip archive and extract build.prop. Then copy it from the extraction folder and navigate to the system directory. Rename build.prop to build.prop.bak and then paste. Reboot immediately into cwm to flash CM9 or CM10.

Its simpler to just do a double flash if you have an old Unnamed or Shostock zip, but it's faster than waiting for one to download.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTENTION: THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW. MAY CONTAIN A LOT OF BUGS!
    NO SUPPORT!!!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

First time installing CyanogenMod 10 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working CWM Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10 zip from internal SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10:
    - Copy CM10 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10 zip from internal SDCard
    - Reboot

Experimental builds:
    http://d-h.st/JaT - 7/27/2012
    http://d-h.st/aMl - 8/3/2012
    http://d-h.st/iXg - 8/13/2012
    http://d-h.st/3KE - 8/18/2012
    http://d-h.st/QbU - 8/19/2012

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Development Thread (DEVELOPERS ONLY): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1796744

ygKDil.png
    GeQbTl.png

qNkWbl.png
    rK3uzl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Everything is broken until proven otherwise.
    • Known broken things include:
    • Mediascanner derps hard for many people, eating 100% CPU for 30-40 minutes on boot.
    • Missing many CM10 features
    • NFC totally untested
    • Anything broken on I9100 will be a problem on I777 too
    • Screenshots are from I9100. I'm lazy, and I777 isn't any different

You want to live on the bleeding edge, you're probably gonna get cut
    Update -
    Good news: I found out the source of the problem and built a fix this morning.
    Bad news: Severe thunderstorms yesterday afternoon knocked out my cable modem. I'm unable to upload a build or even the fix until it comes back.
    RELEASE PULLED. I just discovered from user reports in the N7000 thread that this has the capability of triggering the infamous eMMC brickbug on installation. This is far less likely on I777 since almost no one is running intramfs-repacked UCLE5, but those people could experience severe unrecoverable problems. I will reopen this thread once I reimplement that fix.

To be clear - the bug only affects initial flashing. If you are already running CM10, you are safe. If you are not already running CM10, DO NOT flash the release unless you are running a known safe kernel. Right now, I will only guarantee safety with the pulled release if you start from CM9.
    Unless something comes up Monday evening and I'm too busy to build, I'll try to get the first I777 test build out monday evening for 4.2.1.

Benefit of the wait for you guys? N7000/I9100 users are guinea pigs with ****ty builds that have all sorts of broken stuff. First I777 build will have all of the big issues resolved. :p
    4.2 test build within the next few days, depending on my availability/time.

Finally I think we've got the graphics breakthrough we need... just needs to be beat on/polished a bit.