[MODS] VALK8 ->UPDATE! |23Toggles|UMW|CallREC|PopupBrowser|4.2KIT|TRANSPA |WifiTether

Search This thread

xamindar

Apr 8, 2012
Well that was a pita - but got it figured out. Seems a difference w/ the tmobile SecSettings was the issue for the sbeam toggle wonkiness, and the flashlight stuff just needed some wakelock stuff thrown in. That being said - not sure if others had an issue with these things as it all depends on the underlying system the mod is flashed on and (maybe for the flashlight) kernel being used.
I also made a one-hand toggle hehe... fun stuff.

So how do I fix it? I also have an issue with the sbeam toggle. It doesn't appear to do anything.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
So how do I fix it? I also have an issue with the sbeam toggle. It doesn't appear to do anything.

It was a few things actually - involving both the toggle smali (for sbeam and androidbeam) and the relevant settings stuff in SecSettings. The original toggle setup was built from the international stuffs that had an intent set up for sbeam changes, allowing the code stuffs in SysUI to talk to the stuff in SecSettings all nice and easy. The TMobile twist took that out, and as putting it back in requires an androidmanifest edit (and then the signing of EVERY apk in /system from what I understand... maybe jars too?) I decided to come up w/ another way using observers/listeners. It's funny how much time I spent just to make a damn button work lol - and then it wasn't enough to make it work, but make sure the toggles and settings options interacted as they should (turning off one turned off the other, etc.).

I am unsure if yet another modified stock rom would be of any worth, but maybe I'll try to crank something out... Out of curiosity do you have the same flashlight issue I mentioned?

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.
Quick question how did you get the battery mods to work with the lidroid.apk toggle mod. I can't get it to stick for nothing and always losing status bar when experimenting.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

xamindar

Apr 8, 2012
Yes I think I have the same flashlight issue. When screen goes off the flashlight will go off as well after a few seconds. It doesn't really bother me as the flashlight toggle is still useful. It's the sbeam toggle that is completely useless in the current state.

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: dwitherell

theARTIST

Feb 9, 2009
call me a noob but, I don't know how to apply any of these mods. Do I use Odin? Is there a youtube tutorial? I'm confused.

xamindar

Apr 8, 2012
Flash from cwm or twrp. Same way you do for any other rom or mod in these forums. :confused:

theARTIST

Feb 9, 2009

theARTIST

Feb 9, 2009
That's the idea! You get to pick and choose the mods that you want on an individual basis. If you want it all done together, choose one of the modified roms and install it.

okay one more question. I noticed that the link for the Mirror 1 for complete kit is in .rar format. Can I flash it in that format or do I have to get it to .zip somehow?

xamindar

Apr 8, 2012
okay one more question. I noticed that the link for the Mirror 1 for complete kit is in .rar format. Can I flash it in that format or do I have to get it to .zip somehow?

You have to extract that rar file first which contains all the individual flashable mods.

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk HD

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.
I dont like the battery icon in the rom can I change that in the systemui to look like stock rom icon. And keep the toggle mod since the systemui is altered.

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
Any chance for stock calendar or stock messaging app? Would be cool to replace those.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

So for anyone interested Google released their Calendar app in the playstore >> Google Calendar (From Google Inc)

However, I am still on the search for the AOSP Messaging app. I like the cool features the Samsung stock app brings, but I like the look and options in the AOSP app better. Any chances of AOSP messaging?

Darkny8

Apr 4, 2012
Chicago, il.
Noob in need of help

ok so ive downloaded the rar file but i cant open or extract anything from it. So im confused on how to install these things. and besides the rar file do i need to download anything else. i dont care for the toggles just the cam, keyboard and little things like that. thanks in advance

Gack69

Nov 30, 2011
Louisville
ok so ive downloaded the rar file but i cant open or extract anything from it. So im confused on how to install these things. and besides the rar file do i need to download anything else. i dont care for the toggles just the cam, keyboard and little things like that. thanks in advance

What are you using to extract it? You must have a rar compatible archive tool to extract it. I don't believe Windows comes with one natively. I recommend 7-zip

http://www.7-zip.org/

Free of course.

Reactions: Darkny8

Darkny8

Apr 4, 2012
Chicago, il.
What are you using to extract it? You must have a rar compatible archive tool to extract it. I don't believe Windows comes with one natively. I recommend 7-zip

http://www.7-zip.org/

Free of course.

:good: this is exactly what i needed. i never had to deal with anything other than a zip file. thanks man. so for the other question i had. all i need to do is flash what i want right. I dont need to down load a rom nor the toggle zip.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

:good: this is exactly what i needed. i never had to deal with anything other than a zip file. thanks man. so for the other question i had. all i need to do is flash what i want right. I dont need to down load a rom nor the toggle zip.

Ok so i deff am missing someting. Which thinking about it would make sense. all i did was root my phone and left it stock so its still 4.1.1. I just tried flashing as is and got (E:signature verafication failed) so can someone tell me what i need to instal next pls. thanks

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Ok so i deff am missing someting. Which thinking about it would make sense. all i did was root my phone and left it stock so its still 4.1.1. I just tried flashing as is and got (E:signature verafication failed) so can someone tell me what i need to instal next pls. thanks

This mods are for this rom:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055474

Deodexed version...

Files are in a .rar file so people don't get confused and think it is a flashable .zip file...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

Gack69

Nov 30, 2011
Louisville

TEKHD is steering you right brother. If you want to keep it as close to stock as possible, but just add some of the tweaks in this MOD thread, then follow TEKHD's link, go to the OP and download the DEODEX version. Place it on your phone in an easy to find place and reboot into recovery and FIRST MAKE A BACKUP, If your recovery has the option to include EFS, do that too, just to be safe. Once backup is done then you can flash the ROM you downloaded, AFTER you wipe as per the instructions in the ROMS OP.

TIP: If you have apps and data you want to save, use an app like "Titanium Backup" to back up all USER apps, not any system apps. Then after you wipe and flash the new ROM, just redownload Titanium Backup from the market again, and it should find all your backups and you can go through and restore your apps with their data if you choose.

Once you've verified its up and running and your happy, then you can select the mods from this RAR file that you want to add and either flash them or follow the instructions for the particular mod if any are included that need special attention.

If you're unsure on any of this...just shout back and will gladly try to clear the fog for you. Most importantly though...is BACKUP before you begin! :)

EDIT: just wanted to add that since you stated you didnt need to download a ROM, that if you want any of these MODS, then you WILL have to download that ROM. But fear not, it's the same Stock T-mobile ROM you're probably already running, just prepped for modding. You may ask then how is it different than what you already have? It's DEODEXED. Thats a subject thats a bit hard to go into here and now, but basically the files are just present in a manner that allows users/devs to modify...no functionality is changed, just the manner in which the files are physically present on the device.

Last edited:

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
Thank you a lot Gack69... Really... Great answer great everything...

The most common error here in xda is that the OP, often; at some point forgets that NOT everyone knows, and everything is NOT obvious... And in this case I am guilty... I will try to explain things better from now on...

Even a simple zip... A normal person would simply decompress it with winzip... Lol... Not everyone knows that a zip is usually a "flashable" file... Even the term "flashable" zip might sound that you need a flashlight or something... Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

XooLoo

Jun 15, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MODS] VALK8 ->UPDATE! |23Toggles|UMW|CallREC|PopupBrowser|4.2KIT|TRANSPA |WifiTether

DEODEXED T889UVALK8 ALL IN 1 Pack MODS KIT
    ...No need to flash ANY Custom ROM, when you can FULLY customize the Original Deodexed Stock ROM and have it just the way you want! You do not have to suffer FC and errors with other ROMS!

AT&T NOTE 2 MOD POST:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2070673

CREDIT TO ALL INVOLVED!
    Special Credit:
    cmenard -> 4 in 1 Reboot Options

These files will convert your new stock deodexed T889UVALK8 (NEW ROM with Wifi Calling + MultiWindow) into a custom rom like any other but with the reliability of still having a STOCK ROM.

All files are in individual folders, so you can choose your destiny...

TEKHD_KIT.png

ppb.png

- - - COMPLETE KIT FOR ABOVE SCREENSHOTS DEODEXED T889UVAL8 - - -

M I R R O R - 1
    M I R R O R - 2

UPDATE!!! 23 Toggles MOD for T889UVALK8 DEODEX (Shown 22 Toggles in pictures)

-> Tested originally by Mizanari_Kae from International N2.

23.png

-> Note: If you are upgrading from the 15 Toggle MOD, just manually remove via root explorer the file /system/app/QuickPanelSettings.apk , then just reboot into recovery and flash 23 Toggles MOD.

23 Toggles MOD with H+ Icon (H+ when in HSPA+)

M I R R O R - 1
    M I R R O R - 2

23 Toggles MOD with 4G Icon (Modified Version by myself-> 4G when in HSPA+ and LTE Icon when in LTE)

M I R R O R - 1
    M I R R O R - 2

23 Toggles THEMES -> you must first apply the MOD, then the Theme. (MOD comes in GREY already, so if you want it GREY, there is no need to flash any theme)

BLUE
    GREEN
    GREY
    RED

Other 23 Toggles Themes by me... (Will soon change brightness bar color to match theme...)

-> Note: Remember to apply 23 Toggle MOD First... then the theme...

Bluex
    M I R R O R - 1

23_Bluex.png

Aqua
    M I R R O R - 1

23_Aqua.png

Yellow
    M I R R O R - 1

23_Yellow.png

Purple
    M I R R O R - 1

23_Purple.png

Orange
    M I R R O R - 1

23_Orange.png

OVERCLOCKING KERNEL (Up to 1.8GHz)

Latest Perseus Kernel for T889

M I R R O R - 1

HOW TO ENABLE WIFI TETHER - WORKS PERFECTLY!

Source-> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1962752

Installation (Enabling Wifi Tether)

Convert APN Backup to a System app using Titanium Backup on a rooted phone.

Instructions: Download this first...> WifiTether Files

- Goto Market And Install APN BACKUP & Restore - Run it Once. - ( Ignore warning on open! )
    - Close APN BACKUP & Restore
    - Open Titanium Backup
    - Go to backup/restore tab
    - Find APN Backup & Restore on the list
    - Long press on the app when you find it
    - Select Convert to system app

Now ..

- Open APN Backup & Restore
    - Click menu and disable ICS check
    - Close program and re-open it. - ( No More Warring! )
    - Choose: Backup APN's! - ( This Will make a backup! )
    - Close APN Backup & Restore
    - Plug in USB Cable
    - Goto your Phone Strorage Card and find the DIR: ApnBackupRestore
    - Copy the T-Mobile-APN.xml you Downloaded to the dir: ApnBackupRestore
    - Now Open APN Backup & Restore
    - And pick Delete APN's - ( Not Delete Backup Files! LOL )
    - Now Pick Restore APS's
    - A List Comes Up .. Pick T-Mobile-APN.xml !!!
    - Let it restore .. Close APN Backup.
    - Reboot! You Should Be Good To GO!

Now you can install Foxfi from the market for example... and you will have wifi tether!

<<<---Remember to click THANKS!
    Reserved...
    Wifi calling?

Mods for deodexed T889UVALK8... Added mods on topic now... still posting... lol
    I got my Hotspot working without APN Backup & Restore app :p

Edited
    /system/csc/customer.xml
    /system/csc/feature.xml
    /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

Try this!
    copy attached and change permissions to 440 (owner, group) read only
    /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

Now use the StatusBar Hotspot button to turn on the hotspot!

If it does not work then edit the files.

in /system/csc/customer.xml
    Look for T-Mobile Tethering
    Then change pcweb.tmobile.com to epc.tmobile.com
    <Profile>
    <NetworkName>T-Mobile</NetworkName>
    <Editable>yes</Editable>
    <EnableStatus>enable</EnableStatus>
    <ProfileName> T-Mobile Tethering</ProfileName>
    <Auth>none</Auth>
    <Bearer>ps</Bearer>
    <Protocol>http</Protocol>
    <Proxy>
    <EnableFlag>off</EnableFlag>
    </Proxy>
    <PSparam>
    <APN>pcweb.tmobile.com</APN>
    </PSparam>
    </Profile>

now in /system/csc/feature.xml
    look for <CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>*</CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>
    change pcweb.tmobile.com to test.tmobile.com

use the hotspot button from status bar [or tethering widget from hi-develop (usb tethering coming soon, install drivers till then)] and you are good to go :D
    reboot if you like...
    i did this on my latest ota and all works well.

IF YOU HAVE FILEWALL(DROIDWALL) then MAKE SURE 'root apps' and 'kernel' is in the allowed wifi list!

USB Tethering Speed Test :D
    2507064542.png

For USB tethering dial *#7284#(path) or from shell do am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec.modem.settings/.interfaces.InterfaceSettings
    open Qualcomm USB settings then select “RNDIS + DM + MODEM" and plugin the usb... and let the drivers install...
    use Tethering Widget from Hi-Develop to turn on the USB Tethering... :D

TEKHD is steering you right brother. If you want to keep it as close to stock as possible, but just add some of the tweaks in this MOD thread, then follow TEKHD's link, go to the OP and download the DEODEX version. Place it on your phone in an easy to find place and reboot into recovery and FIRST MAKE A BACKUP, If your recovery has the option to include EFS, do that too, just to be safe. Once backup is done then you can flash the ROM you downloaded, AFTER you wipe as per the instructions in the ROMS OP.

TIP: If you have apps and data you want to save, use an app like "Titanium Backup" to back up all USER apps, not any system apps. Then after you wipe and flash the new ROM, just redownload Titanium Backup from the market again, and it should find all your backups and you can go through and restore your apps with their data if you choose.

Once you've verified its up and running and your happy, then you can select the mods from this RAR file that you want to add and either flash them or follow the instructions for the particular mod if any are included that need special attention.

If you're unsure on any of this...just shout back and will gladly try to clear the fog for you. Most importantly though...is BACKUP before you begin! :)

EDIT: just wanted to add that since you stated you didnt need to download a ROM, that if you want any of these MODS, then you WILL have to download that ROM. But fear not, it's the same Stock T-mobile ROM you're probably already running, just prepped for modding. You may ask then how is it different than what you already have? It's DEODEXED. Thats a subject thats a bit hard to go into here and now, but basically the files are just present in a manner that allows users/devs to modify...no functionality is changed, just the manner in which the files are physically present on the device.