Hangouts Bug: Recipients Getting My SMS Messages Twice!

Search This thread

Wutang200

Jul 14, 2011
Manchester
Not sure if this a known issue or not but I've been using Hangouts as my default SMS Messaging app and intermittently, when I send an SMS to my contacts, they're reporting that they're getting them twice. I've tested it out my texting myself and got the same problem. It's intermittent though as sometimes it'll just send one SMS. Hangouts is the only Messaging app that's installed. The recipients I'm sending to are using non Android devices (iPhones & Windows Phones).

I then downloaded another SMS app and switched over to that to find out if Hangouts is really the culprit and so far no one has reported that they've had 2 SMS messages from me. I've even text myself and got the SMS once. For now I've disabled Hangouts completely.

CellPhish

Feb 5, 2011
I've had the same issue as well. I also receive two of the same SMS from my contacts. I'm not sure if its on T-Mobile's end though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

TXRaunchy

Mar 7, 2012
I have T-Mobile and I do get multiple SMS as well as some of my MMS don't even come through. It says that it has 'an error in downloading'. Eh

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
I have straight talk AT&T Sim card but don't get the double SMS issue. I can't download MMS though.

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
APN is correct, I've tried downloading MMS over WiFi and mobile and neither work. A lot of people have this problem on straight talk. Seems like only solution is buying a new Sim card and transferring the number.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Wutang200

Jul 14, 2011
Manchester
I'm on the Three UK network and I got them to send me another Simm card already but still got the same issue.

I've been texting all day and so far no one has reported getting double texts from me.