How to disable 3G internet and allow only GSM

Search This thread

bobbysleeba

May 4, 2007
When i enable my phone with comm manager, my 3G data connection is also getting enabled and it shows the connection duration 1, 2 ,3....

Then i went to Phone settings --> Band and selected GSM insted of Auto.
Now "Edge" is getting connected the same way.

Please help me as i am not using my phone !! afraid of Bills !!

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
I will suggest Bandswitch manager the freeware one (1.23) works great.

You can chose the band (UMTS/GSM), great to save battery life, and to enable/disable data connection, AUTO or just when needed.

Try to find it somewere...

irus

Jun 29, 2007
both of you are wrong, sorry no offense. go to phone then menu/options/band and under "Select your network type" select gsm. and the fastest you will get is edge. yup, found that out the hard way;)

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
both of you are wrong, sorry no offense. go to phone then menu/options/band and under "Select your network type" select gsm. and the fastest you will get is edge. yup, found that out the hard way;)

going to phone>menu>options>band is the same as going to settings>phone>band.

Its the same thing.

But the OP seemed to say that EDGE was also unwanted so I advised the only way to stop GPRS connecting at all is to remove the settings.

docraj

Feb 13, 2005
Auckland
or you could go to settings->connections->connections->advanced->select networks and choose "my work network" for both internet and work. this will ensure that your device will not seek a connection for GPRS etc.

irus

Jun 29, 2007
going to phone>menu>options>band is the same as going to settings>phone>band.

Its the same thing.

But the OP seemed to say that EDGE was also unwanted so I advised the only way to stop GPRS connecting at all is to remove the settings.

ya your right i did not read the whole thing :( my apologizes

bobbysleeba

May 4, 2007
or you could go to settings->connections->connections->advanced->select networks and choose "my work network" for both internet and work. this will ensure that your device will not seek a connection for GPRS etc.

Thanks a lot!! ... now it stops connecting automatically to t-mobile data connection and i have peace of mind!!

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
Every solution is good, I just prefer to tap in a page like this and choose (what and when) band/connection... and enable/disable it
pc_capture_ListView.jpg

Last edited: