[HOWTO]Restore to Stock/Recover from a Bad Flash

Search This thread

Teo032

Apr 6, 2011
California
It's a 2.3.5 base, if I'm not mistaken. OTA update for WiFi Calling.

yeah as i suggested before, you should update the OP and state that this is KL1 2.3.6 T-mobile stock rom. whereas the other two stock roms can be found in one of Allgamer stickies along with this one.

heck, i suggest you update the op and include all 3 stock roms together with this guide to make things simpler for those who want to go back to 2.3.5 (why? lol) and for the telus users.

k holley

Sep 8, 2011
pensacola
wifi calling

yea i did look in settings in wireless networks its the fourth section however when i flashed back to stock it did not show up in there i promise not trying to b a pain:D oh ok i downloaded the other one in broken back to stocks link its base was 2.3.5 so if i would have done a ota it would have brought wifi calling?

Last edited:

k holley

Sep 8, 2011
pensacola
ok guys can i start with saying i fing love this guide! i am 100percent stock. in download mode it says custom binary-no and below that it says samsung official am i good to go?:D

sunlaw2

Aug 11, 2011
Whats the stock file size?
Op states more than 500,but the download is like 309mb.
Its not a zip file.(new to odin,but I believe it does not flash zips anyway).
One last clarification needed-when odin is run,it is epic4g or something,do I still use it?
Would it be easier to flash zedomaxs stock rom and the update via kies?
Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

voonli24

Oct 15, 2010
New York
I odin the rom, kernel and the recovery without any error message. Everything says pass at the end but I keep getting google service framework, android process acore and android phone force close and cannot pass through the android guy screen. It won't let me setup. I cannot receive any calls but I could get voicemails and could dial to voicemail only. Can someone help?

I was on ICS rom before but there were many apps that was not responding so I decided to go back to stock. I odin T989UVKID_HOME_SGH-T989user_CL594724_REV00.tar and then it rebooted and since then I have been getting the force close warning. I continued to odin the kernel (SGH-T989-Stock-UVKID.tar) and then recovery (SGH-T989-Stock-Recovery.tar). Still no go, rebooting has no problem too, it says verified package and no error message whatsoever.

Please help.

KonstantinKeller

Aug 22, 2011
Flowery Branch
I odin the rom, kernel and the recovery without any error message. Everything says pass at the end but I keep getting google service framework, android process acore and android phone force close and cannot pass through the android guy screen. It won't let me setup. I cannot receive any calls but I could get voicemails and could dial to voicemail only. Can someone help?

I was on ICS rom before but there were many apps that was not responding so I decided to go back to stock. I odin T989UVKID_HOME_SGH-T989user_CL594724_REV00.tar and then it rebooted and since then I have been getting the force close warning. I continued to odin the kernel (SGH-T989-Stock-UVKID.tar) and then recovery (SGH-T989-Stock-Recovery.tar). Still no go, rebooting has no problem too, it says verified package and no error message whatsoever.

Please help.

You don't need three files. Just go to the OP in this thread, and follow it EXACTLY. As if you haven't done anything yet. There is only one file.

voonli24

Oct 15, 2010
New York
Thanks for your reply once again.

I tried odin the file in the OP but still doesn't work. It still has the force close warning once it enters the android screen.

And another thing is that it didn't reboot twice by itself. It only rebooted once.

KonstantinKeller

Aug 22, 2011
Flowery Branch
Thanks for your reply once again.

I tried odin the file in the OP but still doesn't work. It still has the force close warning once it enters the android screen.

And another thing is that it didn't reboot twice by itself. It only rebooted once.

That is extremely weird. Flash CWM through ODIN and wipe everything. Data, Cache, and Dalvik. Then fix permissions.

voonli24

Oct 15, 2010
New York
I followed this link and flash cwm through odin and wiped everything like you said

WORKS LIKE A CHARM !!! Thanks a lot!!! I will make a donation :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS FOR SGH-T989 (T-MOBILE) ONLY!

This will restore to T-Mobile 2.3.6 ULKL1.

This guide is for those who screwed up a flash, need to return their phone, are selling their phone, or just want that stock new phone feeling again.

Prerequisites:
    1) ODIN
    2) USB Drivers

If you need your data backed up first, backup personal data with Kies and Application Data with Titanium Backup.

Steps:
    1) Download THIS file and extract it. (Password is 'sampro.pl') --Source HERE.
    2) Power off your phone and remove the battery. Re-insert the battery after a few seconds.
    3) Plug the USB cable into your computer, without plugging it into your phone.
    4) Hold VOL UP + VOL DOWN while plugging in the USB cable to your phone. Stop holding with 'Warning' appears.
    5) Press Volume UP and start ODIN (Run as Admin on Vista and 7, just to be safe)
    6) Click PDA and locate the MD5 file extracted earlier.
    7) Press 'Start' and be patient. It will take a few minutes because it is a large file.
    8) Unplug your phone after it has completed and rebooted twice.

Now everything is 100% stock! Kernel, System, Bootloader, and Modem are stock.

If you're going to sell the phone, or just return it, I advise you to do the following:
    1) Go to Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset
    2) Check Format USB Storage
    3) Press 'Reset Phone'
    4) Press 'Erase Everything'
    This will erase EVERYTHING on your phone including your SD Card (External + Internal)

If you happen to have a bootloop, perform the following:
    1) Boot into recovery (Power on phone while holding VOL UP and VOL DOWN)
    2) Wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvik
    3) Reboot System

If this helped you save your phone, please press 'Thanks'
    And if you want to, DONATE (You aren't required to, it's just HIGHLY appreciated.)
    as far as I remember t989 should work for t989d for they are the same phone
    But I just tried one and it got stuck on samsung logo after the flash
    I dont know why all downloads from sammobile are dropping :S

These are the ones I have.
    Sorry for the delay.

Telus:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60269842/t989/T989DTLUMC4_T989DOYBMC4_TLS.zip

T-mobile:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60269842/t989/SGH-T989_UVLE1_ICS-403.zip
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60269842/t989/T989UVMC6_T989TMBMC6_TMB.zip
    I forgot to post My deepest appreciation for your compilation. I literally brought my phone back from the dead following your recipe. It took me literally hours and I had to redo it more than once (because of user error) but IT WORKED. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

No problem :) I love to see replies like this. lol
    Got it done phone going back to asurion thanks for this useful thread
    I was trying to go back to stock with this using odin1.7. I extracted the file. selected the file for PDA. It took a while and I let it go. In the end, it said FAIL! Unfortunately, I unplgged the phone and restarted it. Now, every time I try to get into download mode again, it said firmware upgrade encounter an issue. Can someone help? Thanks!!

if it fails just run again it will pass it took me the third try and it passed coming from ics 4.0.4 ..all my volumes on phone stopped working last night so i got a replacement coming tomorrow .....

gg on this it works im completely stock and hating every f@cking moment lol ....