High Battery Use by Android System

Search This thread

Rokanaske

Feb 24, 2014
I am on Stock 4.4.2 for the D800 and Android System seems to be abnormally high. On the battery usage page Cell stand by is at 34% Android System 30%, screen 20%, and Phone Idle at 6%. Is this normal? Im sure i never had Android system that high before

bukmba

Jul 23, 2013
That's normal. Disable double tap to wake and you'll see a huge difference. Anyway battery is nevertheless great and disabling that feature isn't worth it as the power button us difficult to reach on the back of the phone.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Rokanaske

Feb 24, 2014
That's normal. Disable double tap to wake and you'll see a huge difference. Anyway battery is nevertheless great and disabling that feature isn't worth it as the power button us difficult to reach on the back of the phone.

Thats the thing though, i do have a lot of those features turned off. My double tap to wake up is turned off so i would imagine that i should not be getting a load that high

bukmba

Jul 23, 2013
If Knock On is off then you should not get that load indeed. I assume you already I installed a wakelock detector. I am afraid I don't have much other idea.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Rokanaske

Feb 24, 2014
If Knock On is off then you should not get that load indeed. I assume you already I installed a wakelock detector. I am afraid I don't have much other idea.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I think i do know the issue. I use All Access pass from Google and there is just a bunch of problems with that and 4.4.2, so if i had to guess it would be that.

IMHO battery is working better on cyanogenmod than stock.:good:

Thats what i heard, im thinking about it but i want them to hit a stable build on kitkat before i try it

bukmba

Jul 23, 2013
I use All Access as well and the drain on the battery isn't much different from Spotify and the likes. I tried CM and other Rom but back to stock because none of them was really stable. (occasional reboots)

Rokanaske

Feb 24, 2014
I use All Access as well and the drain on the battery isn't much different from Spotify and the likes. I tried CM and other Rom but back to stock because none of them was really stable. (occasional reboots)

Yeah, but since there are issues with All Access and 4.4.2 on all platforms i think thats the issue. Im still not sure what the Android System usage is going towards, but i think it may be Facebook issue. I'm not 100% sure though still testing. I dont even have have that many apps installed.