No ICS for us

Search This thread

Scoobyracing03

Oct 11, 2010
Louisville Ky
You can't compare the two. Samsung may be making the hardware for this nexus phone, but it's 100% under google's control, samsung doesn't even have a hand in the software process. If you don't like samsung, (which I understand, a lot of people don't) then don't buy their regular phones (gs2, etc). Not buying a nexus phone because you don't like samsung, that's a bit pointless. Nexus phones, google tells the people who are lucky enough to get to make it, what hardware and software goes on it. Samsung has NO say. Software updates come from google, not the carriers, and certainly not samsung.

Yes I know software comes from Google not Samsung. Problem with the Vibrant's GPS was a hardware problem that they said doesn't exist even after it was proven here on XDA and that is why I won't buy Samsung products. If the Nexus phone was made by someone else I'd consider buying it.

hawklet00

Aug 20, 2011
"LG Confirms That Optimus 2X Will Receive Ice Cream Sandwich Update Restoring Hope For G2x Update"

i think that was the story he was referring to. it doesnt specifically state we will see ics on the g2x, but makes it look more hopefull that we will get it. id post the link to that story, buy i dont have enough posts to do so yet

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you guys honestly believe that the phone will not get a form of ICS released from the G2X devs?

Your first mistake is running factory roms and expecting the factory to actually produce quality roms. Remember the reboot / SOD issue on 2.2 factory?

This is xda - DEVELOPERS, not the tmobile customer forums. Maybe I am naive but I expect any user of this site to have a full knowledge of rooting and flashing. Senseless to ***** about something that will be a non issue from our excellent devs and CM9.

I buy any phone with top class hardware and a unlocked bootloader, thats the extent of support I expect from the phone manufacturer.
    Anyone bother to read the original story? I hate articles that make statements yet provide not one source. Also this article is about the
    Optimus 2x. The writer of this story did not know that the G2x recieved the GB update so I'd take this with a grain of salt and a hearty **** you to Chris Davies the writer of this crap story.

http://www.slashgear.com/lg-confirms-no-ice-cream-sandwich-for-optimus-2x-28191682/
    Funny how people spin things.

LG comments on the O2x... and says nothing about the G2x. LG hasn't supported the O2x at all. We at least got an update... but their track record doesn't look good.

The site says the O2x was released before the Update Alliance... but the G2x was released after.

Optimistically, I'd rather them just come out and say "Yea or Nah" so no one is waiting around for nothing. If they were announcing phones that weren't going to get it, then they would have included the G2x in the list... which were didn't. So we should ASSUME we WILL get it. The G2x is honestly a pretty hot phone if LG would just support the damn thing.
    Would I like an official ICS update? yes! But if this phone does not get official support It's still a great phone. With any new technology regardless if it's a phone, computer etc.. you're always going to be behind the power curve. It sucks that LG drops support so quickly but every manufacture leaves something in the dust. I'll enjoy and use my G2x for a year and see what comes out next summer/fall. Quad cores could be around the corner or perhaps a better Android OS release.

As consumers we're responsible for our purchases, not the company. Enjoy your phone and if you can't, move on. I certainly don't have the money to jump ship so I'm going to get the most out of my G2x. :)