My android tablet is basically dead

Search This thread

pedrobolaz

Jan 21, 2014
I was trying to root it but it wasn't going well, so I basically decided to factory reset it.

Factory reset went badly, some kind of error happened. All it does now is turn on, and show this error message "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped", it only allows me to switch volume and brightness, NOTHING ELSE.

I cant factory reset again because I cant access menu, there is no key combo on start up to do that.

I cant access definitions to reactivate USB debugging mode, so I cant do anything from my laptop.

I'm stuck, desperate and I dont want to have a paper-weight this expensive.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE SAVE ME? What can I do?

caspboy

Jan 3, 2014
Charlotte, Nc
I was trying to root it but it wasn't going well, so I basically decided to factory reset it.

Factory reset went badly, some kind of error happened. All it does now is turn on, and show this error message "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped", it only allows me to switch volume and brightness, NOTHING ELSE.

I cant factory reset again because I cant access menu, there is no key combo on start up to do that.

I cant access definitions to reactivate USB debugging mode, so I cant do anything from my laptop.

I'm stuck, desperate and I dont want to have a paper-weight this expensive.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE SAVE ME? What can I do?

Possibly, what tablet are you using though?

caspboy

Jan 3, 2014
Charlotte, Nc
it's a Sunstech (spanish brand) TAB10QC, made in China ofc.

quad core cpu, GPU eight nuclei, 1.5GB ram, cool specs for the price really

Android 4.2.2 JB

Please help me

Try reloading the firmware from the official website for it. With a button combo, really theres nothing to save you other than reflashing the firmware via a pc. Sorry.

pedrobolaz

Jan 21, 2014
Try reloading the firmware from the official website for it. With a button combo, really theres nothing to save you other than reflashing the firmware via a pc. Sorry.

with a button combo? but there is no button combo!! :( i've tried all combinations to try and reset it again by recovery boot

but how can I do that if the tablet "USB debugging" is disabled and I cant access the option to enable it, therefore my PC isnt really connecting with it? can I load some kind of autorun into a card and insert it into the tablet or some autorun usb flashdrive or something?

Last edited:

caspboy

Jan 3, 2014
Charlotte, Nc
but how can I do that if the tablet "USB debugging" is disabled and I cant access the option to enable it, therefore my PC isnt really connecting with it? can I load some kind of autorun into a card and insert it into the tablet or some autorun usb flashdrive or something?

Only if it is rooted, is it? Otherwise, no, reloading it is the only way really.

P.S, piece of advice, don't buy chinese generic tablets, when the brick or break, these a 30% chance its a fix somewhere other than purchasing a new one. This is simply because there are hundreds of them, and 80% of rip offs and fakes. They seel because there cheap, and one thing to not be in the electronic world is a cheap buyer - thats how they get you.

Buy a name branded tablet/phone like acer, asus, samsung, lg, htc, or pantech. These phones have huge support on xda

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Only if it is rooted, is it? Otherwise, no, reloading it is the only way really.

P.S, piece of advice, don't buy chinese generic tablets, when the brick or break, these a 30% chance its a fix somewhere other than purchasing a new one. This is simply because there are hundreds of them, and 80% of rip offs and fakes. They sell because there cheap, and one thing to not be in the electronic world is a cheap buyer - thats how they get you.

Buy a name branded tablet/phone like acer, asus, samsung, lg, htc, or pantech. These phones have huge support on xda

pedrobolaz

Jan 21, 2014

P.S, piece of advice, don't buy chinese generic tablets, when the brick or break, these a 30% chance its a fix somewhere other than purchasing a new one. This is simply because there are hundreds of them, and 80% of rip offs and fakes. They seel because there cheap, and one thing to not be in the electronic world is a cheap buyer - thats how they get you.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

P.S, piece of advice, don't buy chinese generic tablets, when the brick or break, these a 30% chance its a fix somewhere other than purchasing a new one. This is simply because there are hundreds of them, and 80% of rip offs and fakes. They sell because there cheap, and one thing to not be in the electronic world is a cheap buyer - thats how they get you.

no it is not rooted

so maybe there's a hope that my attempt to root it might not "break" warranty since it didnt efectively root it?

i've contacted the brand saying recovery went wrong, am waiting on an answer, the tablet is very recent so it is well within 2 years warranty if they dont come with some bs about warranty being breached

caspboy

Jan 3, 2014
Charlotte, Nc
no it is not rooted

so maybe there's a hope that my attempt to root it might not "break" warranty since it didnt efectively root it?

i've contacted the brand saying recovery went wrong, am waiting on an answer, the tablet is very recent so it is well within 2 years warranty if they dont come with some bs about warranty being breached

Well, when attempting to root, rather it went good or bad, is a breakage in any warranty. As pretty much all warranty state "you cannot modify a product at your own will" or something like that. I usually just make up a little lie, because if the phone is not usable or bootable, they can't really tell.

Longs as you didn't try to open the device, your good:laugh: Just say something like...the android it came with gave you issues with force closes or a app you updated had a virus...something along those lines:good: