GeeMod - Xposed module for Optimus G

Search This thread

fbz_poznan

Feb 25, 2014
Poznań
Here is a Xposed module which I made for e975's 10H stock rom (probably compatible with other versions - not tested yet)

It's features (adjusted separately):
1. Hiding QSlide apps toolbar from notification drawer
2. Hiding brightness bar from notification drawer
3. Hiding bar with date/settings/clear from notification drawer
4. Hiding quick settings from notification drawer
5. Changing status bar background to transparent (black)
5. Changing status bar background to black or transparent - FROM UPDATE 1.2
6. Changing airplane switch to LTE switch in quick settings - FROM UPDATE 1.1
7. Disabling CDROM autorun ("Checking PC driver" annoying popup :)) while connecting to PC - FROM UPDATE 1.3

Additional info
LTE SWITCH
Quick settings have LTE switch by default but it's enabled only for some mobile network operators and work in "LTE, CDMA, EvDo, GSM/WCDMA" mode which is not supported in my mobile network. My module enables switching between "GSM/WCDMA auto" and "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" which is available more commonly (at least in my country :)) . Use it only if your mobile network operator use that modes too.
Transparency
Added as experimental feature. Note that stock launcher is not drawing wallpaper under status bar so you cannot get transparency effect on it - would be black. I maybe fix that later but I treat that as low priority. Use other launcher - e.g great launcher "Apex Launcher".
To get nice look in apps use that feature with "Tinted Status Bar" Xposed module and set "Status Bar Tint" value (in Tinted Status Bar) for your launcher to 00000000 . If you use GravityBox make sure that you have OFF on "Statusbar tweaks -> Statusbar colors -> Enable icon colors". I attach screenshot to show you how it works.

Please test this mod and share your ideas/opinions here with me.
Greetings :)

Attachments

• GeeMod_1.1.apk
    54.7 KB · Views: 238
  • GeeMod_1.2.apk
    56.9 KB · Views: 199
  • GeeMod_transparency_example.jpg
    GeeMod_transparency_example.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 3,066
  • GeeMod_1.3.apk
    57.7 KB · Views: 2,251
Last edited:

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
Wow, great mod.

Work great with ARTMOD stock ROM. I was looking especially for feature 2.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

frastgr

Mar 1, 2011
On my optimus G (stock rom 4.1.2) transparent status bar doesn't work. Although, very good effort and waiting for new updates.
thanks

2nd Sky

Jun 15, 2013
My City
wow great!!
could you add the clockspeed and brightness hack? (edit thermal.conf [system/etc] the last lines like the line with full speed.. (last lines must be the same!)) is this possible with xposed?

can u add for homescreen delete search and "+" and make it to 5x4 (for help, on sprint G forum there u can found that modifed launcher.apk!!)

can u add to disable the popup by connecting with pc with the driver.iso (i hope u know what i mean...)

is it possible (is there a script/build.prop) to slove the redraws on homescreen by press home on apps... and appdrawer loads little longer always after redraw..)

so that was all from my side ;)
Thanks for the great xposed module!!

Reactions: nchc

buju001

Dec 14, 2012
Roman
wow great!!
could you add the clockspeed and brightness hack? (edit thermal.conf [system/etc] the last lines like the line with full speed.. (last lines must be the same!)) is this possible with xposed?

can u add for homescreen delete search and "+" and make it to 5x4 (for help, on sprint G forum there u can found that modifed launcher.apk!!)

can u add to disable the popup by connecting with pc with the driver.iso (i hope u know what i mean...)

is it possible (is there a script/build.prop) to slove the redraws on homescreen by press home on apps... and appdrawer loads little longer always after redraw..)

+1

frastgr

Mar 1, 2011
Here is a Xposed module which I made for e975's 10H stock rom (probably compatible with other versions - not tested yet)

That's it for now, but I'll add more features later.
I've seen here some questions about changing stock UI, adding new apps to QSlide bar etc. so it's good news for you - I can do that ;)

On my optimus G (stock rom 4.1.2) transparent status bar doesn't work. Although, very good effort and waiting for new updates.
thanks

ok it is working but the status bar it is not transparent as said above, it is totally Black. Waiting for a version with a true transparent status bar and ability to set more apps in Qslide. Thanks for your hard work, waiting for updates!!!!!!!!!!

fbz_poznan

Feb 25, 2014
Poznań
Thank you all for your feedback.

Minor update is available in first post.

I appreciate your ideas. I'm doing research on them. Please wait for future updates.

greny

Mar 16, 2011
None of those functions are working.I've tried all of them checked-nothing changed.I've tried with each of them checked ,but still all the functions like q-slide are present.
I've restarted the phone after each modification.. :(

fbz_poznan

Feb 25, 2014
Poznań
None of those functions are working.I've tried all of them checked-nothing changed.I've tried with each of them checked ,but still all the functions like q-slide are present.
I've restarted the phone after each modification.. :(
Have you installed Xposed Framework and enabled GeeMod as its module (must be checked) in Xposed Installer->Modules?
GeeMod is still quite simple and cannot detect yet if is correctly activated or not.

Last edited:

fbz_poznan

Feb 25, 2014
Poznań
Doesn't work mate!!!!! Again, it is totally black although I have checked the transparent feature and not the black one.
What version of stock rom are you using? Are you sure that some other mod (e.g. GravityBox) is not setting black background for status bar? If so, turn it off. If you're familiar with debugging you can also help me sending log from
Code:
adb logcat -s Xposed
with disabled all Xposed modules other than GeeMod

Reactions: rocada

mishteuse

Apr 20, 2013
Iasi
thanks

thank you for this mod. i waited so long for and xposed module to disable that annoying qslide tab!
anything else you do with module from now on it's a bonus for me! great work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5. Changing status bar background to black or transparent - FROM UPDATE 1.2
    6. Changing airplane switch to LTE switch in quick settings - FROM UPDATE 1.1
    7. Disabling CDROM autorun ("Checking PC driver" annoying popup :)) while connecting to PC - FROM UPDATE 1.3

Additional info
    LTE SWITCH
    Quick settings have LTE switch by default but it's enabled only for some mobile network operators and work in "LTE, CDMA, EvDo, GSM/WCDMA" mode which is not supported in my mobile network. My module enables switching between "GSM/WCDMA auto" and "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" which is available more commonly (at least in my country :)) . Use it only if your mobile network operator use that modes too.
    Transparency
    Added as experimental feature. Note that stock launcher is not drawing wallpaper under status bar so you cannot get transparency effect on it - would be black. I maybe fix that later but I treat that as low priority. Use other launcher - e.g great launcher "Apex Launcher".
    To get nice look in apps use that feature with "Tinted Status Bar" Xposed module and set "Status Bar Tint" value (in Tinted Status Bar) for your launcher to 00000000 . If you use GravityBox make sure that you have OFF on "Statusbar tweaks -> Statusbar colors -> Enable icon colors". I attach screenshot to show you how it works.

wow great!!

Waiting for a version with a true transparent status bar
    Look at first post for 1.2 update :)

For 10D stock is not working :(
    Could you be more specific what exactly is not working?
    Doesn't work mate!!!!! Again, it is totally black although I have checked the transparent feature and not the black one.
    What version of stock rom are you using? Are you sure that some other mod (e.g. GravityBox) is not setting black background for status bar? If so, turn it off. If you're familiar with debugging you can also help me sending log from
    Code:
    adb logcat -s Xposed
    with disabled all Xposed modules other than GeeMod
    Will you upload it in the xposed repo? It would be much more convenient :)
    Yes, I'm thinking about it. It was too small at the beginning to bother uploading to Xposed repo.
    Edit: Tried to add GeeMod to repo but @rovo89 restricted access to repo for every new developer because of situation described here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50240528&postcount=8741
    We have to wait :)

Also try to ditch if possible the SU permissions and put the appropriate ones :)
    SU permissions were only for my testing. They're not necessary. I just forgot to remove them :)