Help a noob get PAC on his phone

Search This thread

New Song

Aug 16, 2014
I've hard bricked this thing once trying to flash a rom once. Tried to gain custom recovery via AUTOREC. Should be called Autowreck.

Sometimes it is best just to ask to be pointed in the right direction.

I just learned about LOKI and SAFESTRAP. BUT are these just for TW based ROMS? I want a CM based ROM. PACROM, specifically. I see others with this AT&T phone running it.

Will someone please help a noob with a tutorial or advice and stop me from running in circles? :eek: W/ rooted 4.4.2, NC1 build.

G

GuestX0019

Start with reading well the SafeStrap thread by Hashcode in Q&A

and the All Thinks ATT, MK2 in General

You can only use SafeStrap and can not flash non TW roms or custom recoveries/kernels, so CM AOSP etc

Sorry

New Song

Aug 16, 2014
Start with reading well the SafeStrap thread by Hashcode in Q&A

and the All Thinks ATT, MK2 in General

You can only use SafeStrap and can not flash non TW roms or custom recoveries/kernels, so CM AOSP etc

Sorry

Been reading the safe strap thread. 89 pages! Stumped on the first one. ENCRYPTED? Not sure. How do I tell? Nb1, Mk2, Mf3 software? No idea. Did not see it in settings> about device. How do I tell is the next step I guess.

On to check the All Thinks Mk2 thread. Sorry for my noobness.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Been reading the safe strap thread. 89 pages! Stumped on the first one. ENCRYPTED? Not sure. How do I tell? Nb1, Mk2, Mf3 software? No idea. Did not see it in settings> about device. How do I tell is the next step I guess.

On to check the All Thinks Mk2 thread. Sorry for my noobness.

Get a terminal emulator on your phone. In it type:

su
getprop ro.bootloader

What does it say? Look at the last three characters

Edit, in about devices what is your baseband, last three characters?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
G

GuestX0019

Sorry, I thought you NC1 now?

jd will get you sorted, he is more hands on with safestrap than i am

but, the gist of it is going to All Thinks ATT, MK2 and to post 5

but read all you can in both threads--:good:

New Song

Aug 16, 2014
Nc1. So this is the SafeStrap file: JFLTE-3.72-kk-B01.apk. How a bow the encryption determination? Sound like a bootloader if it is encrypted.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Nc1. So this is the SafeStrap file: JFLTE-3.72-kk-B01.apk. How a bow the encryption determination? Sound like a bootloader if it is encrypted.

Did you get nb1 from your baseband? Is your device encrypted? That's different than than the bootloader. Your bootloader is definitely locked. But you can root by updating to nc1 and using towelroot and then safestrap.

New Song

Aug 16, 2014
Did you get nb1 from your baseband? Is your device encrypted? That's different than than the bootloader. Your bootloader is definitely locked. But you can root by updating to nc1 and using towelroot and then safestrap.

NC 1

I am rooted. SS installed. ROM DL'ed ready to go. Creating ROM slot. Or trying t seems stuck. I know it takes about 5 minutes. But it's been about 15-20

sorry for the pic quality. No zoom on this tab 4. It's next.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
NC 1

I am rooted. SS installed. ROM DL'ed ready to go. Creating ROM slot. Or trying t seems stuck. I know it takes about 5 minutes. But it's been about 15-20

sorry for the pic quality. No zoom on this tab 4. It's next.

You have to use the stock slot, not a secondary slot

New Song

Aug 16, 2014
Anything else. I have Gravitron zip ready to go. But I cannot even get S'S to open now. "SafeStrap has stopped working". Even after attempted reinstalls. If there was someone here local I could just delegate this to, I would.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Anything else. I have Gravitron zip ready to go. But I cannot even get S'S to open now. "SafeStrap has stopped working". Even after attempted reinstalls. If there was someone here local I could just delegate this to, I would.

You probably have to use Odin to re-flash nb1 and start over

Reactions: New Song

New Song

Aug 16, 2014

That may be. Got safestrap to start working by using se linu mode changer. Still stuck at updating partition details. Gonna start a thread on that I think. Maybe one on the search functions too.
:mad:

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
That may be. Got safestrap to start working by using se linu mode changer. Still stuck at updating partition details. Gonna start a thread on that I think. Maybe one on the search functions too.

Just as an FYI, I've had very good results with Golden Eye installed via SafeStrap. No problems with it, whatsoever, in my experience. That being said, I'm tired of being restricted to touchwiz ROMs so I've bought a T-Mobile S4 (unlocked SIM/Bootloader) and will be selling my ATT one soon.

Marc

Reactions: New Song

New Song

Aug 16, 2014
Just as an FYI, I've had very good results with Golden Eye installed via SafeStrap. No problems with it, whatsoever, in my experience. That being said, I'm tired of being restricted to touchwiz ROMs so I've bought a T-Mobile S4 (unlocked SIM/Bootloader) and will be selling my ATT one soon.

Marc

Starting to feel the same way. :mad: Flashing this sgh-i337 is turning out to be quite an infuriating ordeal. So much conflicting info. Allllll these ROMs available for S4, it seems. But they don't work because this version isn't compatible. And the Tw ones I've tried ALL DAY are not working either. Granted, I was not using SS correctly initially, but now that they are successfully loading in the stock slot are not working. Graviton never boots, stays on the ouroboros snake screen. Imperium has no data or wifi etc (i9505 rom? I tried it as it said it was verified working 9th i337. Nope. Figured it was a problem when it said i9505 on my model). Goldeneye, actually can connect, wifi etc. But when I change settings in Wanam, it does not take them (after reboot). Had all the other connectivity issues until I flashed a patch. Also, I was pretty happy to see than I could activate hotspot. But my device was nowhere to be found by other devices. Modules, kernals, patches, oh my... out of all the tutorials for S4's on the wide wide world of internets, nothing seems to fly. This must be the red headed bastard child of Android.

I know it is all user error, but can nothing be simple?

Just want a simple rom and hotspot. That looks awesome. Hrm.

New Song

Aug 16, 2014
About to try this GE download. GE-XXUGNG4-37.zip. I tried the later NG-8-38 version last time. And yes, I did the ST update at&t module update previously.

New Song

Aug 16, 2014
Great googley moogley! I think he's finally got it, folks! Ooooh. Niiice. So smooth. Roomy!

This hacking biz ain't for the faint of heart. Thanks guys!!! MUCH APPRECIAT3D! :good:

G

GuestX0019

Paraphrasing, I think, Tom Hanks

"It's suppose to hard, the hard is what makes it great. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it."

:good: ;) :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Marc