[Q] No more root for Moto X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

efeigl

Oct 7, 2010
Hey everyone,

Purchased Moto X yesterday. Tried rooting it today with no luck after trying many different methods/watching videos. Each time I tried to install a Moto root app it was unsuccessful. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

titanshadow

Feb 17, 2012
Lexington, KY
home.blazingumbra.com
Hey everyone,

Purchased Moto X yesterday. Tried rooting it today with no luck after trying many different methods/watching videos. Each time I tried to install a Moto root app it was unsuccessful. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

What version is it running? Mine had 4.2 on it when I got it a few weeks ago and I used the "SlapMyMoto" method which worked very well.

EDIT: If you have read any of the guides for rooting the Moto X, it IS pretty explanatory in terms of saying you must be on 4.2.2, and if you're on 4.4, you must downgrade. Carry on with the following...

I mean, let's all be civil about the whole situation. Long story short, OP, if you're on 4.4, you have to downgrade to 4.2.2 camera update (not the original 4.2.2, but the camera update version of 4.2.2) and then do the rooting, and then upgrade back to 4.4. I'm assuming because you're not able to get root apps to run or get the process to work, you must be on 4.4. If you're on 4.2.2, post what issue you're having in the respected forum for it. Or try searching that particular error via google or the site, and see what comes up. Chances are, others have had the same issue as you and have found out what works and what doesn't.

Last edited:

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
thread cleaned & closed

Please use the existing thread for this issue.

Also please remember that XDA is an all ages site.
If someone breaks a rule please report it, DO NOT respond to it with more rule breaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts