Right pull down menu , lock screen and home button won't work after update to 4.4.3

Search This thread

etsch

May 15, 2009
Dresden
Hi guys.

Today I want to flash the new android version. So I won't lose my user data so I downloaded the new image and extracted the boot.img and system.img . I flashed it (fastboot flash system system.img Fastboot flash boot boot.img)

So far so good.I rebooted the n7 and damn! I flashed nakasig instead of naksai. My fault. I instantly shut it down and flashed the correct boot.img and system.img
No problem so far. But then I want to turn of Bluetooth and I can't pull down the menu with the quick toggle buttons. Hm. ok I rebooted it twice. Didn't helped. I also noticed the home button don't works and the lock screen neither.

So i decided to flash back to 4.4.2 but there also didn't work .
Flashing back to 4.4.3 brought as expected nothing.

I flashed multiboot a day before and it worked.

But I don't have a idea why the button and the other things stoped working. When I tap the home button I hear the tap sound and see that the button is pressed but nothing Happens.

If anybody has a idea I will flash the 4.4.3 Rom as Google wanted to. (Flash-all.sh) and install all things manually new.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

etsch

May 15, 2009
Dresden
When I boot into cyanogenmod/kali whit multiboot there all things works.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
You might have accidentally tripped the switch that says it's still in "starter mode" where it leads you through a bunch of questions before you can access the rest of the UI. Similar issues are reported here http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...izarre-home-button-and-quick-settings-issues/

Update:*A possible fix has been*suggested*by Paul O'Brien. If you have adb set up on your computer, try running 'adb shell am start -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity' from the command line. Alternatively, if you use a launcher capable of running custom activities (Nova and Apex are popular choices), try going to the widget drawer and creating an activity pointing to*Setup Wizard > SetupWizardTestActivity, then run it. Once the Setup Wizard has started, go through the normal steps for setting up a phone. In theory, this should fix the various button issues. None of us at Android Police can reproduce the bug, but this method shouldn't cause any adverse effects. Good luck, and let's hope this works for everybody! -*Thanks, Paul!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk