Can I flash a Rom from android L?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
So I'm thinking of testing out andorid l, ut after that I am going to flash a cusotm Rom. (on kitkat) so I know I can root android L, but can I install a recovery and flash the Rom form there? Or should I flash back to KitKat then root and install recovery then flash the Rom?

Thanks in advance :D

Liskrig

Mar 17, 2011
Boston
twitter.com
So I'm thinking of testing out andorid l, ut after that I am going to flash a cusotm Rom. (on kitkat) so I know I can root android L, but can I install a recovery and flash the Rom form there? Or should I flash back to KitKat then root and install recovery then flash the Rom?

Thanks in advance :D

I've flashed "L" about 5 times since the factory image was available (I'm indecisive like that) and before I go back to a custom ROM I always flash the factory 4.4.4 just to be safe. I haven't run into any problems doing that, and it may be overkill ; but I can confirm that the method won't break anything.

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
I've flashed "L" about 5 times since the factory image was available (I'm indecisive like that) and before I go back to a custom ROM I always flash the factory 4.4.4 just to be safe. I haven't run into any problems doing that, and it may be overkill ; but I can confirm that the method won't break anything.

Alright cool so just..

1. flash recovery (I have root, but I need ercovery to make nandroid backup)
2. flash android l
3. root L
4. enjoy it :D
5. flash 4.4.4
6. root and recovery
7. flash rom

but one question...how can I make sure that cwm has " WITH SELINUX SUPPORT"?

D

Darth

Alright cool so just..

1. flash recovery (I have root, but I need ercovery to make nandroid backup)
2. flash android l
3. root L
4. enjoy it :D
5. flash 4.4.4
6. root and recovery
7. flash rom

but one question...how can I make sure that cwm has " WITH SELINUX SUPPORT"?
By flashing twrp or Philz. ;)

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
you can flash L, then any other ROM you want after, from 444. I don't know about philz, but using twrp, you can wipe you system, which makes your phone romless until you flash another ROM. so you can flash 444, then flash L, then flash 441(if you wanted to).

I flash L via recovery, not via system image. it makes it much easier going back and forth :)

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
you can flash L, then any other ROM you want after, from 444. I don't know about philz, but using twrp, you can wipe you system, which makes your phone romless until you flash another ROM. so you can flash 444, then flash L, then flash 441(if you wanted to).

I flash L via recovery, not via system image. it makes it much easier going back and forth :)

You mean a custom L version...since only the image is given by google.. :D

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
You mean a custom L version...since only the image is given by google.. :D

a zipped up google version, by @vomer. its not small, like 400+mb, and takes 7-10 minutes to flash. I don't own a computer, so I go the other route(unless it can be flashed via terminal emulator) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53700335&postcount=1

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

the guys are going to hate(not really) me for taking you this route. they are good guys, really. sorry guys!

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
a zipped up google version, by @vomer. its not small, like 400+mb, and takes 7-10 minutes to flash. I don't own a computer, so I go the other route(unless it can be flashed via terminal emulator) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53700335&postcount=1

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

the guys are going to hate(not really) me for taking you this route. they are good guys, really. sorry guys!

actully I am probably going to flash using fastboot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.