[Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3

Search This thread

smelkus

Nov 19, 2011
I am using this version now and there is no way to set its time that I see . when I make a Nandroid backup as I did yesterday here is what is recorded in the Nandroid folder on my sd card.........BCDEARSW20130109-2129 .......... date modified 1/9/2013 9:55 pm.... Its this last time (9:55pm) that I'm talking about. the backup was made at 3pm not at 9:55 . This time is always different than the time the backup was made. what is this time?

UTC. Amon RA doesn't have the ability to set the time zone, so the time you are seeing is the current time just at UTC instead of your time zone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

skyrocketeer

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 8
yea there down and these clowns could give a rats ass . I hate this place . Trying to work on HTC evo 4g's and this site is useless . there needs to be a backup of every GD file or just delete the threads because they are a waste of time.
yeah thanks for necro-ing a thread that is almost 5 months old. how about you take a look at the last post date before you post.

have a good day

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Supersonic was released in June 2010. Are there really people still using it for anything other than a backup media player?

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Mine is a backup phone on a free FreedomPop plan.

If people are still looking for this recovery, viable alternatives are smelkusMOD and TWRP.

sak211l

Nov 16, 2009
Baltimore
Kind of off topic but what happened to the developer of Amon Ra I use to live by his recovery and would rather use it than twrp or cwm on my HTC One

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ Description ]

This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.

[ Features ]

Detailed description of every menu item

[ Known Issues ]

v2.3.3 has some screen tearing/color weirdness going on. This is just a graphical bug in the recovery kernel, nothing to worry about. I'll try to fix it in a next version.

[ Download ] - ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the file isn't corrupted!

recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img - MD5Sum: c00243750cc79e4a1dd4888db175b19f
    PC36IMG.zip - MD5SUM: 6dbb98f9cfa35033982c3803d2520466

Mirror to all my recoveries (Click a few adds to keep it up and running - Thanks DrMacinyasha ^^)

[ Install ] - There are several ways to install a custom recovery, feel free to pick the one that suits you best :

- the Bootloader way - - Thanks Tiffany84 ^^
    • Place PC36IMG.zip on the root of your sd card.
    • Boot the phone into the bootloader by powering the phone down, then press the power and the volume down buttons at the same time.
    • Once the phone boots into the bootloader the phone will automatically recognize the zip file. It will ask if you would like to update, select yes and let it do it's thing and you will be good to go

- via Rom Manager - - STILL NEEDS TO UPDATED TO v2.3!!
    • Download "Rom Manager" from the Android market
    • Start "Rom Manager"
    • Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait for it to finish
    • Select "Flash Alternate Recovery" and wait for it to finish -> this will install the latest version of RA recovery.

- via terminal app or adb - (Make sure your rom contains flash_image!!)
    • Copy recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img to the root of your sdcard
    • start the terminal app or launch adb
    • su(press enter)
    • flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img(press enter)
    • reboot recovery(press enter)

[ Important notes ]
    • Don't restore wimax nandroids between different phones! If you still plan to do it make sure to remove the wimax image from the nandroid backup before restoring!!
    • I'll only answer to posts with a real problem description and a pastebin log. All other "issues" will be skipped/ignored.
    • Make sure have enough free space available on your sdcard when making a nandroid backup!!
    • Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
      You can do this by doing :
      • "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
      • Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.

[ Special Thanks ]
    • http://www.androidspin.com for hosting ^^
    • Tiffany84 for the PC36IMG's ^^
    • DrMacinyasha for the mirror ^^
    • jhansche for the initial port of the evo recovery and his menu navigation and verification code.
    • joncfoo for the menu loop code.
    • toastcfh for testing and all his awesome work on the Evo (root, unlocked nand, ..) Thanks ^^ Buy him a coffee!!
    • flipzmode for testing, screenshots and feedback, Thanks ^^
    • packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
    • Koushik Dutta for his awesome work on recoveries and ROM manager ^^
    • Cyanogen for his dedicated work! , buy him a beer!
    • Chris Soyars for the new Apps2SD method ^^
    • JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
    • pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid :)
    • 51dusty for his sdparted script!
    • k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
    • rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
    Hope that the keys work in this version : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4481275/recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.1.1.img

Changelog : v2.1.1
    • Updated kernel to 2.6.32.17 , this should fix the partition issues on newer hboots
    • Nandroid now backups the entire content of /sd-ext , not just the apps. This fixes bootloops of certain restored roms.
    • Moved the "Toggle signature verification"-option from the Other- to the main flash-submenu.
    • Re-ordered the wipe menu.
    • Added SDEXT support for update scripts.
    • Added "filebrowser" support when you select a zip to flash.
    • Added "/.." support to the filebrowser so you can navigate up.
    • Added a mount menu so you can manually (u)mount stuff.
    • Added a toggle verification switch so you can flash those awesome unsigned winrar rom releases...
    • Fully re-wrote the wipe menu (it's not using a script anymore), added a few new wipe options.
    • Added "/sdcard/.android_secure" support , nandroid now backups/restores .android_secure (Froyo a2sd apps) by default.
    • Added a few new Google apps to the Google app backup script.
    View attachment PC36IMG-Amon-V1.8.zip
    View attachment PC36IMG-Amon-V2.1.1.zip
    View attachment PC36IMG-Amon-V2.2.zip
    View attachment PC36IMG-Amon-V2.2.1.zip

Here are all the current versions of Amon RA recovery. Just rename which ever version you choose to PC36IMG and place on the root of your sd card. Boot the phone into the bootloader by powering the phone down, then press the power and the volume down buttons at the same time. Once the phone boots into the bootloader the phone will automatically recognize the zip file. It will ask if you would like to update, select yes and let it do it's thing and you will be good to go.
    Change-log

v2.3
    • Nandroid will skip sd-ext backup when it's not present.
    • Nandroid will not check the battery percentage anymore.
    • Switched off signature check by default (Stop asking now, ok?).
    • Cache is not selected as part of a default Nandroid backup anymore.
    • Added wipe Boot, System and sdcard to the wipe menu.
    • Re-ordered some items in the wipe menu.
    • Switched to a CM android-msm-2.6.35-unified kernel (should stop the endless dots).

v2.2.1
    • Fixed Nandroid ext backup/restore. It now backups/restore the entire ext.

v2.2
    • Nandroid backup is now selective, boot/system/cache/data are selected by default.
    • Nandroid checks if there's at least 500MB free on SDcard before starting a backup.
    • Kernel min freq is set to max freq to speed up things (tip of toastcfh).
    • Added/updated error/warning messages.

v2.1.1
    • Updated kernel to 2.6.32.17 , this should fix the partition issues on newer hboots
    • Nandroid now backups the entire content of /sd-ext , not just the apps. This fixes bootloops of certain restored roms.
    • Moved the "Toggle signature verification"-option from the Other- to the main flash-submenu.
    • Re-ordered the wipe menu.
    • Added SDEXT support for update scripts.
    • Added "filebrowser" support when you select a zip to flash.
    • Added "/.." support to the filebrowser so you can navigate up.
    • Added a mount menu so you can manually (u)mount stuff.
    • Added a toggle verification switch so you can flash those awesome unsigned winrar rom releases...
    • Fully re-wrote the wipe menu (it's not using a script anymore), added a few new wipe options.
    • Added "/sdcard/.android_secure" support , nandroid now backups/restores .android_secure (Froyo a2sd apps) by default.
    • Added a few new Google apps to the Google app backup script.

v1.8.0
    • updated Nandroid so it also backups and restores the wimax partition.
    • made the recovery 400kb smaller so it fits most recovery partitions with bad blocks.
    • added a return option (instead of pressing vol-up+down) to the menu (by jhansche).
    • completely ignore verification (by jhansche).
    • added menu loop (by joncfoo).

v1.7.0.2
    • Reduced the overall size so it can still be flashed when having lots of bad blocks.

v1.7.0.1
    • Initial release (port from my Nexus One recovery)
    removed all versions < v2.2.1

I removed all versions < v2.2.1, I'm tired of giving support to morons who can't read.