[Q] Unbrick Android TV Smart Player (no hidden button)

Search This thread

Espata

Jan 6, 2014
Hello everyone,

I could not find an answer to unbrick my android smart tv player, so I wanted to ask you guys in this forum for help.
The player does not boot I believe since ther is no picture on the screen and it does not show any reaction on inputs from the remote (usually the LED on the front blinks at input). Only the power button on the remote works and turns the device on and off. Thats it :(

I found several solution to unbrick Android Players which have a hidden button behind the AV jack, but those are different models that have different ports. I also tried holding down Vol- Home and Power on the remote to get into recovery, but it doesn't work. I attached pictures of my device.

Is there a way to boot into recovery using USB or SD Card. The dievice has 2 USBs and a SD Card slot.
Or any other way to unbrick or factory reset it.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_20140106_134010.jpg
    IMG_20140106_134010.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20140106_134103.jpg
    IMG_20140106_134103.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 199

Espata

Jan 6, 2014
Does anyone have experience with this device

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with this kind of device.
I'm still searching the web for any infos of this device.

Did someone alredy experiment with this box? I also tryed to find different firmware as well.
Its form some Chinese manufacturer. They sent me a new firmware but it didnt work unfortunately.
I thought there would be a way similar to cell phones, to just put a new custom ROM on the device?
Please help!
Thanks!