Flash 4.4 Kitkat

Search This thread
Jan 3, 2012
Hi everyone,

Now i in 4.3 custom rom can i direct flash 4.4 viper or ARHD to it with full wipe on AROMA?

device status
S-on
HBoot 1.54
recovery : cwm 6.0.3.4

Last edited:

hardstuffmuc

Jul 22, 2010
Munich
You do NOT need to be S-off, and there is absolutely no need to flash the boot.img or kernel separately. But Unlocked is necessary, also latest TWRP recovery is required.

As always, do a Nandroid of your current ROM.

GPE is a different matter, though. I am not familiar with GPE ROMs as I never tried them. The One with Sense is too good to miss! But not relevant as both ROMs you mentioned are Sense ROMs!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
You do NOT need to be S-off, and there is absolutely no need to flash the boot.img or kernel separately. But Unlocked is necessary, also latest TWRP recovery is required.

As always, do a Nandroid of your current ROM.

GPE is a different matter, though. I am not familiar with GPE ROMs as I never tried them. The One with Sense is too good to miss! But not relevant as both ROMs you mentioned are Sense ROMs!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

Oh, so if i want flash 4.4 must use twrp 2.6.33 or latest recovery rite?
i never do nandoid, but i got keep old rom in internal storage.(need do nandroid next time.)

I just flash stock rom, because love sense and dislike GPE rom interface.

hardstuffmuc

Jul 22, 2010
Munich
normally after i flash custom rom (4.3), i also will flash bulletproof kenal.

last time when i flash 4.4 (with fullwipe in AROMA) it bootloop after flash the rom.(with old version CWM)

Because the recovery was not yet adjusted.

You should do regularly a Nandroid...it is easy enough, and keep it on the internal storage.

For now, flash the latest TWRP recovery in fastboot mode, then flash any Sense ROM, and boot up first into it to check that all is good., then do another Nandroid of the now successfully booted Sense ROM. (OTG cable and USB drive come in handy here as you can Nandroid directly to external storage, or to have a collection of different Nandroids to free up internal storage space, as well as added security as you can always flash also a ROM from USB drive should things go wrong!)
After that you can try different kernels if you must.

I am running InsertCoin 7.0.5 with ElemntalX 10.4 for several weeks now and this combination has fantastic battery performance as well as it is totally stable!

Jan 3, 2012
Because the recovery was not yet adjusted.

You should do regularly a Nandroid...it is easy enough, and keep it on the internal storage.

For now, flash the latest TWRP recovery in fastboot mode, then flash any Sense ROM, and boot up first into it to check that all is good., then do another Nandroid of the now successfully booted Sense ROM. (OTG cable and USB drive come in handy here as you can Nandroid directly to external storage, or to have a collection of different Nandroids to free up internal storage space, as well as added security as you can always flash also a ROM from USB drive should things go wrong!)
After that you can try different kernels if you must.

I am running InsertCoin 7.0.5 with ElemntalX 10.4 for several weeks now and this combination has fantastic battery performance as well as it is totally stable!

i just flash twrp 2.6.33, later will try insert coin 7.0.5 too...
may i know what is ur setting for ElemntalX? i using bulletproof because my previous setting fail...
you enable s2w function?

Grobsen

Sep 9, 2013
I'm on Viper 4.2.0 with ElemntlX with s2w and dt2wake
No Problems so far and great battery life.

If you get bootloops try "fastboot erase cache"