SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
I was thinking. Here I am waiting for the wifi xoom since Im not with verizon
and i realized if this
http://galaxytab.samsungmobile.com/
comes out before, im prob getting it

I mean essentially its the SAME tablet, same OS, same processor
but it looks dam sexier (back, grippable), is lighter (even then the ipad 2), has SD Card, same resolution (samsung makes great screens too) and 8MP camera at the back
AND PROBABLY wont have the video watching problem since Samsung goes the extra step to secure codecs (see the galaxy S phones, they run nethin)

Only advantage I see the xoom having is the HDMI out

What do you all think

Last edited:

ashura3

Dec 10, 2009
It's supposed to be a Google experience device so don't expect Samsung to include codecs for video playback. With that said, the screen will be the deciding factor for me. If it's viewing angles are better than the Xoom's, I'm returning the Xoom and getting the Tab.

SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
It's supposed to be a Google experience device so don't expect Samsung to include codecs for video playback. With that said, the screen will be the deciding factor for me. If it's viewing angles are better than the Xoom's, I'm returning the Xoom and getting the Tab.

You mean the codecs are only part of Sense :S ?
i never knew, on alot of my custom roms on old galaxy S which wiped out samsung stuff i still had video playback

ashura3

Dec 10, 2009
Sense is HTC, Samsung is TouchWiz. And yes, because the codecs aren't included within stock Honeycomb, I wouldn't expect the Tab 10.1 to have them. Your past custom roms were built by people who chose to pull the codecs from TouchWiz and include them on top of Android.

Last edited:

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
I do think the Tab looks better on back, and I like the finish/form of the back as far as gripping the tablet goes.

The one thing I hate is that the GT10.1 is gonna have a proprietary connector to USB, rather than a standard micro USB plug, and of course no HDMI out, but that's not super important to me.

I feel like the Galaxy Tab 10.1 probably has the same issues the Xoom does right now, and they're simply waiting for everything in 3.0 that is initially broken to be fixed before launching. Who knows when that will be though I don't think we've heard anything decently solid regarding release.

Reactions: SS2006

Bauxite

Jan 20, 2011
I can't wait until this actually becomes a xoom forum instead of a 'what should I buy instead of a xoom?' forum.

You realize there is a galaxy tab 10.1 xda forum, right?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

tlogank

Sep 24, 2010
I agree it looks great, but Samsung is soooooo slllooooowwwww with updating their devices. They took forever with Windows phones are are probably the worst manufacturer about updating their Android phones as well (many US galaxy phones are STILL on 2.1).

hi_its_ryan

Sep 28, 2007
I agree it looks great, but Samsung is soooooo slllooooowwwww with updating their devices. They took forever with Windows phones are are probably the worst manufacturer about updating their Android phones as well (many US galaxy phones are STILL on 2.1).

That has a lot to do with their touchWiz afaik, which won't be an issue with the tab 10.1.

I'd be more excited about it if there was a release date and sd card slot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do think the Tab looks better on back, and I like the finish/form of the back as far as gripping the tablet goes.

The one thing I hate is that the GT10.1 is gonna have a proprietary connector to USB, rather than a standard micro USB plug, and of course no HDMI out, but that's not super important to me.

I feel like the Galaxy Tab 10.1 probably has the same issues the Xoom does right now, and they're simply waiting for everything in 3.0 that is initially broken to be fixed before launching. Who knows when that will be though I don't think we've heard anything decently solid regarding release.