[Q] Converting SPB to vcf files / Importing SPB without Kies

Search This thread

nitinnayyar14

Mar 10, 2011
Gurus,

I recently switched to CM7 on my SGS I9000 International. Unfortunately there is no Kies mode in CM7 for SGS to connect to Kies.

Now that I have lost all my contacts, the only backup I have is an SPB file.

My contacts only imports vcf files and neither have I been able to find anything that imports SPB files or converts SPB files to vcf files.

Anyone can help ? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....!!

-nitin

markdj57

Oct 16, 2010
Belfast
www.stronge.org.uk
If u have all your contacts in kies, export as a csv file and then import into Google contacts. If that doesn't import correctly, export as VCF, import to the windows 7 contacts (drag and drop all vcf files) then export from windows contacts as a csv file and then import to Google contacts.

Mark

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

liraindon

Aug 30, 2010
Flash back to samsung, restore from kies. Then you could either sync contacts to google or use a backup app from market (also for sms, ...) or export from inside the contact app from samsung.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

sunnyvarma

Dec 11, 2011
Anand
vcf

Gurus,

I recently switched to CM7 on my SGS I9000 International. Unfortunately there is no Kies mode in CM7 for SGS to connect to Kies.

My contacts only imports vcf files and neither have I been able to find anything that imports SPB files or converts SPB files to vcf files.

-nitin

open ur spb file in kies in ur computer
select all contacts and click save as
thn in tab of new file name write the suitable name and add .vcf as extension
you r ready to go

barbs666

Feb 5, 2009
www.infowars.com
Originally Posted by turkdos

1. open Kies
2. open your last saved *.spb file
3. save the file again as *. vcf manually in the file name area
4. go to were normally saved spb files ( C:\Users\ _\Documents\samsung\Kies\PIMS)
5. you will find all the contacts saved as vcf file.
6. select all contacts and copy them in a directory (ontacts)
7. connect your samsong to the pc and copy the directory (cotacts) in to the sd card
8. disconect your samsong
9. select the contact icon
10. from the left key press and select import contact from sd
job done

Last edited:

_A.T.Omix_

Jan 2, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

1. open Kies
4. go to were normally saved spb files ( C:\Users\ _\Documents\samsung\Kies\PIMS)
7. connect your samsong to the pc and copy the directory (cotacts) in to the sd card
job done

Thanks, if you want to merge the multiple vcf files which where create open a command prompt in the vcf's directory (Shift + Right click > Open command prompt in this directory) then type "copy *.vcf All.vcf" without the "". Now you just have to import the All.vcf to Google Contacts or your Android device.

LemonCurryRules

Jun 6, 2012
Open in Kies?

Hi,

People seem to be having luck with that method, however could you be more specific about how to 'open the smb file in Kies' because I can't find a way to open the file using that software. 'Kies cannot open this file type.

I'm using the Mac version of Kies if that makes a difference?

Thanks in advance

LemonCurryRules

Jun 6, 2012
Update

Hi again,

Just to let any Mac users know, the software is very different on PC and allows you to export as vcf. The Mac version does not allow this.

andrijana.ig

May 16, 2018
Hi there, I had some broken black screen on Galaxy j5, somehow I backed up files with usb cable and smartswitch. Since this is not the first time Im doing this I know how it should work, but now I have a problem. Backup contat file is .spbm, not .spb as it should be. I googled and couldnt find any solution for spbM, and kies wont recognize it. What should I do now, I have backup file but it unuseful.

ArminJo

Oct 24, 2022
I opened Smart Switch, connected another Samsung phone, selected restore, selected the file for restore maually (the spbm file) and now see a button to save contacts in csv format :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vcf

Gurus,

-nitin

you r ready to go

1. open Kies
    job done
    you r ready to go

Thanks, it worked for me