Micromax Unite 2 - Read Back Guide[Easy way]

Search This thread

Deepakg27

Aug 3, 2014
Procedure:
1. Download and install drivers Driver_Auto_Installer_v1.1236.00.7z.
If not working try these too PDAnet_4150.rar.

Problem in installation?? Go here

2. Download scatter from here .

3. Open SP flash tools, load scatter in sp flash tools and go to read back tab. (alternative download link of sp flash tools)

4. Click 'Add' and tap on added read back entry.

5. Select any path to save file and click ok, write 0x3E180000 in length and click ok.

6. Click on read back and connect phone without battery. Wait till it completes.

7. Once you see a green circle, close sp flash tools and switch on the phone.

8. When the phone is on, connect it to pc. See if any notification of 'usb debugging' comes in phone, if not, go to settings->about phone->and tap build number 7 times to enable debugging options.

9. Go back and enter developers options(in settings), and check usb debugging on.

10. Now run mtk driod tools and it will detect phone. (alternative download link of mtk droid tools)

11. In mtk droid tools, click 'root, backup and recovery' tab.

12. Click 'To process file ROM_ from Flash Tool.

13. Locate the file you got from read back.

14. Say no to make CWM recovery automatically and cancel to choose a recovery for similar phone.

15. Now wait again.

Once done, you will get your sp flashable backup in MTK Driod Tools/backup.
Read back complete.;)
Now follow this guide to root your Unite 2.

Thanks great tutorial. I have just completed the readbackup successfully for my unite 2 8GB.

Sir could you please confirm me, whether I need to maintain the file created through sp flash also OR not?

Secondly I would also like to specifiy for all the readers prefer using alternative link for MTKdroid, that worked fine for Windows7 64bit.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak Gupta

kishore237

Nov 2, 2010
Bangalore
Thanks a lot!!!

Finally I got this working too..thanks DEVs :)
  1. Installed Driver_Auto_Installer_v1.1236.00_Win8.1 for win 8.1 from web for phone detection from SP tool.
  2. Installed PDAnet_4150 driver for MtkDroidTools v2.5.3 to detect the phone. :)

Was searching for this for quite some time.

Added link for those who might not have got the link yet http://www.4shared.com/archive/qYREChzYba/Driver_Auto_Installer_v1123600.htm

Also, look attachment to see what you are expected after successful read back using SP tools. (Still some more process to gor through)

Attachments

• sptool_success.png
    sptool_success.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

R@njit

Jul 16, 2014
MTK Droid Tool infected with Trojan Horse

Dear Sandeep,
Thanks for the great work you do. I tried downloading the MTK droid tool from the 2 links provided in your post. Unfortunately the EXE file is infected with a Trojan Horse and my system anti virus deletes it. I also tried looking for a clean version on the internet but could not get one.
Can you please help to get a clean version of it.

Many Thanks,
Ranjit
Further to the post Droid Tool virus free version is available here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/6z9acf5um65cuj2/MtkDroidTools+v2.5.3.zip
Procedure:

3. Open SP flash tools, load scatter in sp flash tools and go to read back tab. (alternative download link of sp flash tools)

5. Select any path to save file and click ok, write 0x3E180000 in length and click ok.

6. Click on read back and connect phone without battery. Wait till it completes.

8. When the phone is on, connect it to pc. See if any notification of 'usb debugging' comes in phone, if not, go to settings->about phone->and tap build number 7 times to enable debugging options.

9. Go back and enter developers options(in settings), and check usb debugging on.

10. Now run mtk driod tools and it will detect phone. (alternative download link of mtk droid tools)

14. Say no to make CWM recovery automatically and cancel to choose a recovery for similar phone.

15. Now wait again.

Read back complete.;)

Last edited:

patraanjan23

Nov 1, 2012
So can someone explain the length part written in hex code? What does it define? Just asking for knowledge purpose.

Open Mind

Aug 25, 2014
I followed your below mentioned procedure and took readback many days ago and re-partitioned my phone - MICROMAX UNITE 2 A106 8GB ROM.

Due to some trouble, now I want to install the said taken readback to my phone again. Kindly tell me stepwise procedure to be followed for the same.

Thanks in advance. :)

Procedure:

15. Now wait again.

Read back complete.;)

Last edited:

vinoth0t

Apr 27, 2014
pattukkottai
Procedure:

15. Now wait again.

Read back complete.;)
then how can i rvet the backuped rom via sp flashtool pls help me bro

Varun800

Nov 18, 2013
thank you

thank you very much.
the nvram.bin file got from the readback ,helped me to fix the imei errror and nvram error permanently.
just flashed the nvram.bin via sp flash tools(edited scatter to load it).Then wiped data n reset via recovery..yDone......This backup guide is so useful.

Last edited:

kar272700

Nov 21, 2014
Trouble in downloading SP flash tool

HI Iam Karthik. I am having trouble in SP tool downloading. Erroe is "The application is failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application my fix the problem". I downloaded many times still the problem exixts. I am using windows XP 32 bit. Please help me.

patraanjan23

Nov 1, 2012
HI Iam Karthik. I am having trouble in SP tool downloading. Erroe is "The application is failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application my fix the problem". I downloaded many times still the problem exixts. I am using windows XP 32 bit. Please help me.
Try running as administrator.

Sent from my Micromax A106

Harshul Wadhwani

Dec 29, 2014
as soon as the 6th step starts my windows reboots displaying an error on a blue screen "Kernel_Security_check_failure"

Last edited:

hardikleo10

Apr 2, 2015
My unite 2 is rooted... I decide to go back to stock rom & recovery but my stock recovery isn't working, unable wipe, install zip, reboot nothing is working..
I even tried to flash stock rom through SP flash tool. But recovery is not working. So i replace stock recovery to cwm in sp flash tool, at that time everything working. now i want stock recovery as ota upadte is comin, but it is not working.
Help me plz
Thanks!

vetfactor

Apr 19, 2013
Awsim
my device is a clone from micromax unite (CPUZ read is the same as Unite) but the screen is 5 inches.
its name is V1.
did i follow your guide literally or use scatter for my phone.
also, did the rom hex size is the same or i would use different size?
i am little bit confused, tried several times and failed.
i just want to repartition my memory as app memory is restricted 980mb only.
if this read back is not mandatory just till me to go forward with memory repartition.
also my device doesn't connect properly to sp flashtool. it continues to try charging and give sounds of connected/disconnected when i connect it without battery to sp tools.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

An update,

i had noticed an error message "MTK preloader not installed"
driver is missing.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Update,
vcom preloader installed.
Sp tools not respomding.
phone plugs/unplugs continually.

Attachments

• res.png
    res.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Procedure:

15. Now wait again.

Read back complete.;)
    when connectiong phone change the option to usb storage to media device and enable usb debugging and connect the phone and open mtk droid tool now u r phone will be detected
    Procedure:
    1. Download and install MTK VCOM drivers.

2. Open SP flash tools and go to read back tab. (alternative download link of sp flash tools)

3. Click 'Add' and tap on added read back entry.

4. Select any path to save file and click ok, write 0x3E180000 in length and click ok.

5. Click on read back and connect phone without battery. Wait till it completes.

6. Once you see a green circle, close sp flash tools and switch on the phone.

7. When the phone is on, connect it to pc. See if any notification of 'usb debugging' comes in phone, if not, go to settings->about phone->and tap build number 7 times to enable debugging options.

8. Go back and enter developers options(in settings), and check usb debugging on.

9. Now run mtk driod tools and it will detect phone. (alternative download link of mtk droid tools)

10. In mtk droid tools, click 'root, backup and recovery' tab.

11. Click 'To process file ROM_ from Flash Tool.

12. Locate the file you got from read back.

13. Say no to make CWM recovery automatically and cancel to choose a recovery for similar phone.

14. Now wait again.

Read back complete.;)

1) we have to load scatter file first right?
    2) how huch time it takes to readback?
    Green circle

Zao, it worked for me after putting in the battery. The flash_tools hanged for a minute then automatically started backing up.

Regards,
    Abhishek
    after step 6 nothing happening no progress :(

You've to wait for 15 minutes or more. It copies almost 1gb data. So just wait. If you want to see the progress use the old sp flash tool.