Rooting xperia mini/mini pro+more devices without unlocking bootloader

Search This thread

matatouille96

Jan 16, 2012
Cairo
Rooting sony ericsson xperia mini/mini pro without unlocking bootloader:

This method is claimed to work "for all phones of Samsung, Sony, HTC, Motorola, LG Goole Nexus and more!" i ve only tried it for sony ericsson xperia mini (my current phone)...

The phone models that can perform successful root:

Sony Xperia X10 (GB firmware)
Sony Xperia Arc (4.0.2.A.0.42)
Sony Xperia Arc S
Sony Xperia Play [R800i/R800x]
Sony Xperia Ray
Sony Xperia Neo
Sony Xperia Mini
Sony Xperia Mini Pro
Sony Xperia Pro
Sony Xperia Active
Live with Sony Walkman (WT19i/WT19a)
NTT Docomo Xperia ARCO SO-02C
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-i9100/GT-9100P]
Samsung Galaxy S II for T-Mobile (SGH-T989)
Samsung Galaxy S II for AT&T (SGH-I777), Skyrocket (SGH-i727)
Samsung Galaxy S II LTE Rogers Canada (SGH-I727R), Android version 2.3.5, Baseband version I727RUXKJ7
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4g Touch
Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SHV-E120S)(korea)
Samsung Galaxy i9100G
Samsung Galaxy S [i9000B] & [i9000 2.3.3 (PDA I9000BOJV8, Phone I9000XXJVO, CSC I9000GDTMJV7) and german T-Mobile branding]
Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) OS 2.3.3 and 2.3.6 (I9001ZSKP6)
Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 (GB only)
Samsung Galaxy Mini Pro i5510
Samsung Galaxy W [i8150]
Samsung Galaxy Y
Samsung Galaxy Tab [P1000] (2.3.3 firmware), [P1000N]
Samsung Galaxy Note [N7000]
Samsung Galaxy Player YP-G70 2.3.5 (GINGERBREAD.XXKPF)
Samsung Galaxy Ace (2.3.3, 2.3.4 firmware)
Samsung Nexus S [i9023] (2.3.6)
Samsung Nexus S 4G 2.3.7
Samsung Galaxy Nexus S [i9020] (2.3.6)
Samsung Exhibit (SGH-T759)
Samsung Exhibit 4G (SGH-T759) (2.3.3) Build UVKE8
Samsung Captivate i897 UCKH3
Motorola Milestone 3 [ME863 HK]
Motorola XT860, Bell XT860
Motorola Defy+
Motorola Droid X sys ver 4.5.605 w/ gingerbread
Motorola Droid X2 (2.3.4) Sys ver 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US Build 4.5.1A-DTN-150-30
Motorola XT883 (China Telecom)
Motorola XT862 (Verizon Droid3)
Motorola DROID RAZR
Nexus One (2.3.6 stock)
LG Revolution
Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet
Huawei IDEOS U8150 (2.2)

Requirements:

1.install adb drivers for your device (read description below)
2.enable "USB debugging" from menu>settings>applications>development
3.enable "unknown sources" from menu>settings>applications
4.enable "stay awake" from menu>settings>applications>development

Installing ADB drivers for sony ericsson xperia mini/mini pro+other devices WINDOWS:

Get the latest java for your computer from this link:
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
download and install java...

Get the latest SDK from the link below:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
download and unzip and move to the root of your local drive (Local Disk C in my case)...

Now, run SDK Manager and under the "Tools" category, check "Android SDK Tools" and "Android SDK Platform-tools", and under the category "Extras" check "Google USB Driver package" and then click "Install 3 packages..."
(If your computer recognises your device when plugged in media transfer mode, then there is no need to install "Google USB Driver package"...though i would install it anyway...)

the "adb.exe" utility will have now been installed in the "C:/AndroidSDK/platform-tools" folder.
Right click "Computer" and click "properties", then click "Advanced system settings" and choose "Environment Variables..."
then in "System Variables" scroll down till you see a variable named "Path", at the end of the value type ";" followed by the location of your"Platform-tools" folder...for me it was ";C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools" (yes the ";" is necessary )and then click ok...

To make sure your installation went right, open command prompt (search for "cmd" in start menu) and, after plugging your device in USB debugging mode, type in "adb devices" and it should come up with something like this :

C:\Users\User>adb devices
List of devices attatched
4523454675745757576D4654 device

Now download the file from this link :
http://attachments.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=841876&d=1325678726

And now execute RUNME.bat and press any key...wait a few seconds and VOILA, your device is now rooted.

Please notice that this is not my work, i just collected the info from different places, if you liked the thread please rate and press the thanks button, if you didnt like it and you probly wont, just dont post any replies... If there is anything that you dont understand, kindly post your reply though i most probly wont be able to help you since im as lost as you are...
Next thread is about installing clockworkmod recovery ;).

Last edited:
Reactions: RT-- and jymugwe

metalrawk

Oct 6, 2011
this method is by dooomlord and revolutionary team. it's already posted. you need to read the rules before posting. have you got dooomlord's permission to post this again? you haven't even mentioned original developer in your post.

mo0309

Jan 28, 2012
Root St15i with software .64

Is it possible to root the latest baseband version (.64) using this method?

I have read quite a few posts but very few of them give informaton about the latest update and it's compatability. Just don't want to brick my phone.

Please help!!

Last edited:

42me

Mar 16, 2012
in my world
this method is by dooomlord and revolutionary team. it's already posted. you need to read the rules before posting. have you got dooomlord's permission to post this again? you haven't even mentioned original developer in your post.

yes that right ,i try it before does'nt work for me just unlock bootloader all the next step easy for me.....:D

supernova284

Mar 22, 2015
Help a total noob please

can anyone tell me what is the last download link is i cant seem to get it to load that page at all......

Thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting sony ericsson xperia mini/mini pro without unlocking bootloader:

This method is claimed to work "for all phones of Samsung, Sony, HTC, Motorola, LG Goole Nexus and more!" i ve only tried it for sony ericsson xperia mini (my current phone)...

The phone models that can perform successful root:

Sony Xperia X10 (GB firmware)
    Sony Xperia Arc (4.0.2.A.0.42)
    Sony Xperia Arc S
    Sony Xperia Play [R800i/R800x]
    Sony Xperia Ray
    Sony Xperia Neo
    Sony Xperia Mini
    Sony Xperia Mini Pro
    Sony Xperia Pro
    Sony Xperia Active
    Live with Sony Walkman (WT19i/WT19a)
    NTT Docomo Xperia ARCO SO-02C
    Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-i9100/GT-9100P]
    Samsung Galaxy S II for T-Mobile (SGH-T989)
    Samsung Galaxy S II for AT&T (SGH-I777), Skyrocket (SGH-i727)
    Samsung Galaxy S II LTE Rogers Canada (SGH-I727R), Android version 2.3.5, Baseband version I727RUXKJ7
    Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4g Touch
    Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SHV-E120S)(korea)
    Samsung Galaxy i9100G
    Samsung Galaxy S [i9000B] & [i9000 2.3.3 (PDA I9000BOJV8, Phone I9000XXJVO, CSC I9000GDTMJV7) and german T-Mobile branding]
    Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) OS 2.3.3 and 2.3.6 (I9001ZSKP6)
    Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 (GB only)
    Samsung Galaxy Mini Pro i5510
    Samsung Galaxy W [i8150]
    Samsung Galaxy Y
    Samsung Galaxy Tab [P1000] (2.3.3 firmware), [P1000N]
    Samsung Galaxy Note [N7000]
    Samsung Galaxy Player YP-G70 2.3.5 (GINGERBREAD.XXKPF)
    Samsung Galaxy Ace (2.3.3, 2.3.4 firmware)
    Samsung Nexus S [i9023] (2.3.6)
    Samsung Nexus S 4G 2.3.7
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus S [i9020] (2.3.6)
    Samsung Exhibit (SGH-T759)
    Samsung Exhibit 4G (SGH-T759) (2.3.3) Build UVKE8
    Samsung Captivate i897 UCKH3
    Motorola Milestone 3 [ME863 HK]
    Motorola XT860, Bell XT860
    Motorola Defy+
    Motorola Droid X sys ver 4.5.605 w/ gingerbread
    Motorola Droid X2 (2.3.4) Sys ver 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US Build 4.5.1A-DTN-150-30
    Motorola XT883 (China Telecom)
    Motorola XT862 (Verizon Droid3)
    Motorola DROID RAZR
    Nexus One (2.3.6 stock)
    LG Revolution
    Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet
    Huawei IDEOS U8150 (2.2)

Requirements:

1.install adb drivers for your device (read description below)
    2.enable "USB debugging" from menu>settings>applications>development
    3.enable "unknown sources" from menu>settings>applications
    4.enable "stay awake" from menu>settings>applications>development

Installing ADB drivers for sony ericsson xperia mini/mini pro+other devices WINDOWS:

Get the latest java for your computer from this link:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
    download and install java...

Get the latest SDK from the link below:
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    download and unzip and move to the root of your local drive (Local Disk C in my case)...

Now, run SDK Manager and under the "Tools" category, check "Android SDK Tools" and "Android SDK Platform-tools", and under the category "Extras" check "Google USB Driver package" and then click "Install 3 packages..."
    (If your computer recognises your device when plugged in media transfer mode, then there is no need to install "Google USB Driver package"...though i would install it anyway...)

the "adb.exe" utility will have now been installed in the "C:/AndroidSDK/platform-tools" folder.
    Right click "Computer" and click "properties", then click "Advanced system settings" and choose "Environment Variables..."
    then in "System Variables" scroll down till you see a variable named "Path", at the end of the value type ";" followed by the location of your"Platform-tools" folder...for me it was ";C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools" (yes the ";" is necessary )and then click ok...

To make sure your installation went right, open command prompt (search for "cmd" in start menu) and, after plugging your device in USB debugging mode, type in "adb devices" and it should come up with something like this :

C:\Users\User>adb devices
    List of devices attatched
    4523454675745757576D4654 device

Now download the file from this link :
    http://attachments.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=841876&d=1325678726

And now execute RUNME.bat and press any key...wait a few seconds and VOILA, your device is now rooted.

Please notice that this is not my work, i just collected the info from different places, if you liked the thread please rate and press the thanks button, if you didnt like it and you probly wont, just dont post any replies... If there is anything that you dont understand, kindly post your reply though i most probly wont be able to help you since im as lost as you are...
    Next thread is about installing clockworkmod recovery ;).
    Is it possible to root the latest baseband version (.64) using this method?

I have read quite a few posts but very few of them give informaton about the latest update and it's compatability. Just don't want to brick my phone.

Please help!!

no. you can't use this method to root .62