CM 10.2 for Canadian Optimus G (E973/E971)

Search This thread

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Does that script prevent it from working with CWM altogether?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Reactions: Jank4AU

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Ok, so new build is up. Should be working on CWM.

Thing is omni official recovery and i was planning on having TWRP built along the rom. So eventually, it will flash TWRP during the installation.

Reactions: nchc

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
Ok, so new build is up. Should be working on CWM.

Thing is omni official recovery and i was planning on having TWRP built along the rom. So eventually, it will flash TWRP during the installation.

No offense, but there are a few roms that do not work with twrp. Mind you we can always flash CWM back, I just thought it'd be nice to not bork a cwm nandroid by installing twrp and being able to restore.

When you have that happen to you once, it suddenly does not seem that fun to restore everything manually.

So anyhow, will you change the thread name to OMNI?

cheers

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
No offense, but there are a few roms that do not work with twrp. Mind you we can always flash CWM back, I just thought it'd be nice to not bork a cwm nandroid by installing twrp and being able to restore.

When you have that happen to you once, it suddenly does not seem that fun to restore everything manually.

So anyhow, will you change the thread name to OMNI?

cheers

I might have been wrong, i've read that thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2499514 and thought twrp would be built along. I am not sure anymore.

Sent from my Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
I might have been wrong, i've read that thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2499514 and thought twrp would be built along. I am not sure anymore.

I read that cwm and twrp backups are not compatible and that any device without twrp configs in boardconfig breaks. But what "breaks" defines, I am unsure of...
and that the change will get merged eventually.

Andrew Dodd Oct 23 8:55 AM
Patch Set 1:
Figured it out - This patch will make a device bomb if it is lacking TWRP configuration items (probably resolution is the most important) in BoardConfig.
So we're probably going to have to require that maintainers put TWRP configuration into BoardConfig soon

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
I read that cwm and twrp backups are not compatible and that any device without twrp configs in boardconfig breaks. But what "breaks" defines, I am unsure of...
and that the change will get merged eventually.
i know that i will need the change in my tree, but here it says that it will allow recovery to be built with the build system and you are forced to have the change in the boardconfig, building along the rom would make sense then.

Reactions: mathsz

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
i know that i will need the change in my tree, but here it says that it will allow recovery to be built with the build system and you are forced to have the change in the boardconfig, building along the rom would make sense then.

would you be ok with merging led code? like pull request?
to have leds like :
red = charging,
green = fully charged
notifs = green

like stock lg works? Since you have two kernels source going on, I don't know where to do that. It's not my code, btw, but paulicat's, I have asked permission to do that.

cheers.

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
would you be ok with merging led code? like pull request?
to have leds like :
red = charging,
green = fully charged
notifs = green

like stock lg works? Since you have two kernels source going on, I don't know where to do that. It's not my code, btw, but paulicat's, I have asked permission to do that.

cheers.

I believe red for low batt, yellow for charging between 15 and 90% and green for charging at 90%+ makes more sense. It allow to know at a quick glance where you are compared to red/green.

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
I believe red for low batt, yellow for charging between 15 and 90% and green for charging at 90%+ makes more sense. It allow to know at a quick glance where you are compared to red/green.

Ah, I get it. Still the conflict between fully charged and notifications is what got me going. You never know if charged 90+% or if there's a notification. I guess it's all personal preference, but shouldn't notifications take precedence over charging state?

for the sake of discussion :
I know google defines fully charged at 90% when building aosp I had to change that to 100%. always thought that one was weird. How is 90% fully charged? there's still 10% to "fully" charged. Isn't that off?

cheers

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Ah, I get it. Still the conflict between fully charged and notifications is what got me going. You never know if charged 90+% or if there's a notification. I guess it's all personal preference, but shouldn't notifications take precedence over charging state?

for the sake of discussion :
I know google defines fully charged at 90% when building aosp I had to change that to 100%. always thought that one was weird. How is 90% fully charged? there's still 10% to "fully" charged. Isn't that off?

cheers

"Fully charged" is a vague term. 90% is not really fully charged. However, it is charged enough to pass most of the day. Also, the point in that charge is to avoid breaking battery by making full charging cycle. A full charge cycle start from lower than 15% battery and ends when battery is higher than 90%. Between these two marker, you should not stop/start charging.

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
"Fully charged" is a vague term. 90% is not really fully charged. However, it is charged enough to pass most of the day. Also, the point in that charge is to avoid breaking battery by making full charging cycle. A full charge cycle start from lower than 15% battery and ends when battery is higher than 90%. Between these two marker, you should not stop/start charging.

Vague term? You lost me there.

I get that you don't want to change it though. And since you're the dev, that's entirely fine by me.

cheers dude.

nelly_85

Nov 10, 2011
Alright so I played with your omni rom and to be honest it didn't work to my expectations. Wifi wouldn't work even when I flashed the modem from telus for jb. Also I couldn't that the shell would constantly ask for root and bog down the system.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

aceman67

Sep 10, 2013
Lethbridge
I have a Rogers e971, but when I try and install omni-4.4.2-20140119-geeb-HOMEMADE.zip, it tells me the following:

This package is for "geeb.geebus" device is a "e973"
{insert path to zip file}
(status 7)
Installation Aborted

When I'm checking my phone information, it says that the phone is a e971.

I'm a little confused. Did I pick the right file?

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
I have a Rogers e971, but when I try and install omni-4.4.2-20140119-geeb-HOMEMADE.zip, it tells me the following:

You did. But your recovery is probably not having the same version... Did you update to Twrp? Or are you using cwm?

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Also, this omni has not been updated since December. The dev has moved to nexus5. You might want to flash something newer. As a heads-up, you can go in the att forum and flash Roms there.

Or stay with Roms in Canadian forums. Sont be surprised, you will not have the same led as on stock. But you probably know that already. They are defaulted to nex4 colors and behavior. Have fun.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk

aceman67

Sep 10, 2013
Lethbridge
I was using the latest CWM from FreeGee (paid). After this one failed, I moved on to the Cyanogen Mod 10.2 stable build for the e973, which worked, despite the phone being a 971... Go figure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, This is a continuation of the CM 10.1 nightlies thread. Things has been moving on and we are now at CM 10.2. I have been working with xboxfanj, houstonn and bbelos to bring you this. Again, this is based on mako with adapted change for optimus G. This time we are even more in sync with CAF (Code Aurora Forum).

What is working
    Everything.

What is not working

You tell me.

Here are the repo needed for our devices :

https://github.com/TeamPlaceHolder

Of course, you have to be rooted, to have bootloader unlocked and a working recovery to flash this custom rom.

DO NOT FLASH NEXUS 4 KENEL MADE BY 3rd PARTY. THIS WILL MOSTLY PERMA BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

This is simply because people tend to use partition number and not by-name and our partition is different than nexus 4 ones. i.e. The rpm partition on our phone is the boot partition on nexus 4. So flashing a custom kernel will flash a boot.img in your rpm partition and then you are bricked. You have been warned.

Like usually, i can't be hold responsible if you damage your phone during any of the process described in this thread.

Thracky and houstonn who also works with me on this.

xplodwild
    codeworkx
    IOMonster
    sk8erwitskil
    faux123
    dvhexer
    Cyanogenmod Team

and a special thanks to shelnutt2 who shown me how to fix 3G
    and juggie who found out the good file to change to get wifi working
    Download

All the downloads will go here :

ribs.bbqdroid.org

Use geeb package

Gapps package :

http://goo.im/gapps

Modem :

There is a newer modem now available (From JB update. Houstonn and I extracted each of them and made flashable so you don't need to do the painful process of kdz only to get a new baseband)

MAKE SURE TO NOT FLASH KOREAN MODEM.

http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog/modem
    How to intall that rom ?

This require you to have TWRP or CWM already installed on your device. I recommand the former. On our device, this mainly mean you have rooted your phone and unlocked the bootloader.

Apparently, it seems these instruction where not clear enough. So I'll try to make them dumbproof. If you are not following these instruction and it doesnt work, dont expect support. It's like buying a cake mix where you only need to add milk and call the company saying their product is bull****, you added water and only got a brick. To add to this metaphor, Asking if it's because you used CWM instead of twrp or reverse is like saying : Did it didnt work because i used a fork instead of a whip to mix it ?

To flash this rom, you have to be on older Bootloader. You can alternatively flash the bootloader i linked in this thread. Read the post carefully before you flash.

1. Download file in the download section.
    2. Put the rom AND the gapps on your internal SDCard.
    3. Reboot into recovery.
    4. Flash CM rom.
    5. Flash Gapps package.
    6. DO A FACTORY RESET (EMPHASIS HERE)
    7. reboot into system
    There is a new build up. It has fixed bluetooth and has latest cm changes.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium
    Is there ANY WAY you can add to this the changes in faux123's Nexus 4 kernel (see here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36722-kernellinux-340-makojbuvoctuncifsv001-nov-30/#entry1032460) to reduce the horrible msm_hsic_host wakelock battery drain?

You sir, deserve a punch in the face. Come on. We are not at optimizing things. I'm still trying to figure out what is working or not. This is really stupid.

Note to all other user : I WILL NOT ACCEPT FEATURE BEFORE EVERY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED.

on a related note to your question, if you would have read carefully, you would have seen that i already use faux123 kernel . . .
    Anyway, this is not going to be the case soon.