S-Voice "voice type" WILL NOT change!

Search This thread

robmausser

Apr 8, 2008
I really hate the robotic voice of S-Voice.

So I learned how you can download and install high-quality voices in the "Language and Input > Text to Speech" settings of the phone.

I downloaded and installed the High Quality US voice, applied. Nothing. Still robotic voice in S-Voice and Google Maps etc.

I downloaded and installed the High Quality UK voice. applied. Nothing. Still robotic voice in S-Voice and Google Maps etc.

Its weird because in the "Listen to Example" in the Text-To-Speech options it works great, I can hear the new voice.

Elsewhere its no-go.

What gives??

ongbac

Jun 8, 2013
I really hate the robotic voice of S-Voice.

So I learned how you can download and install high-quality voices in the "Language and Input > Text to Speech" settings of the phone.

I downloaded and installed the High Quality US voice, applied. Nothing. Still robotic voice in S-Voice and Google Maps etc.

I downloaded and installed the High Quality UK voice. applied. Nothing. Still robotic voice in S-Voice and Google Maps etc.

Its weird because in the "Listen to Example" in the Text-To-Speech options it works great, I can hear the new voice.

Elsewhere its no-go.

What gives??

This happened to me too, I don't exactly remember how I changed it back to the normal young female voice after it changed when I updated to 4.3 but I think you have to go:

1. Open S-Voice (default is double tapping home button)
2. press menu key
3. select settings
4. change ur settings

try this ;)

robmausser

Apr 8, 2008
This happened to me too, I don't exactly remember how I changed it back to the normal young female voice after it changed when I updated to 4.3 but I think you have to go:

1. Open S-Voice (default is double tapping home button)
2. press menu key
3. select settings
4. change ur settings

try this ;)

I dont see anything there to change the voice.