[Q] Lockscreen Widget placement

Search This thread

kamikaze2112

Dec 16, 2008
Lethbridge, AB
maybe i'm missing something, but is there a way to align the widgets in their collapsed state to one side of the screen or the other, instead of always being top centered?

I like a very minimalistic lock screen, usually with a picture of some sort. I'd like the widget to not cover up the subject of the image, so I'd like to be able to align that widget to the left side of the screen preferably. I understand that when expanded it will take up the entire screen, but when it's collapsed, I just want it to sit in the upper left corner.

I'm running a CM11 nightly, but have had similar issues with the stock touchwiz roms, if that makes a difference.

jisoo

Jul 12, 2013
d-h.st
maybe i'm missing something, but is there a way to align the widgets in their collapsed state to one side of the screen or the other, instead of always being top centered?

I like a very minimalistic lock screen, usually with a picture of some sort. I'd like the widget to not cover up the subject of the image, so I'd like to be able to align that widget to the left side of the screen preferably. I understand that when expanded it will take up the entire screen, but when it's collapsed, I just want it to sit in the upper left corner.

I'm running a CM11 nightly, but have had similar issues with the stock touchwiz roms, if that makes a difference.

That's not possible, unfortunately. The best you can do is find a widget that doesn't cover the parts you want exposed, but the widget itself week always be centered (unless you modify the source code yourself).

Reactions: kamikaze2112

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
I wanted to know if there any way to reduce the home screen weather widget height, it takes lots of space. If I could reduce it I could put another line of apps shortcuts. But on the other side I don’t want to remove the weather widget.

To my knowledge you can't do that.

What you can try is placing a Zooper Widget on the lockscreen. That way you can decide where the information is placed within the widget (You can move the text and all). (If you place a second widget, you can delete the 'main' one and the second one becomes the main lockscreen widget.) For instance, mine looks like this: (This week)

Screenshot_2014-07-03-19-54-29.jpg

Or you can try a lockscreen replacer.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's not possible, unfortunately. The best you can do is find a widget that doesn't cover the parts you want exposed, but the widget itself week always be centered (unless you modify the source code yourself).