[ROOT] Mempodroid root - ICS 9.4.2.11+

Search This thread

Tairen

Jul 21, 2010
k went through the entire step but superuser denies the apps again...i guess i have to reinstall superuser, can you tell me the commands for doing that?

3GBeyotch

Dec 23, 2010
Flawless VICTORY!!!

May want to push busybox as well to the /data/local in case you need any handy dandy tools

Thank so much !!!

se1000

Feb 14, 2011
k went through the entire step but superuser denies the apps again...i guess i have to reinstall superuser, can you tell me the commands for doing that?
Just remove it from android market and then download/install it again from android market.

Also, after you do that, it's always good to check if you have the lates su binary.

Can you go into terminal and type su to get #?

Tairen

Jul 21, 2010
Just remove it from android market and then download/install it again from android market.

Also, after you do that, it's always good to check if you have the lates su binary.

Can you go into terminal and type su to get #?

the problem is there's no "uninstall" option for me in the market...no it wont give me permission when I type su :(

Kevincod

May 9, 2011
Damn I read about this exploit last night and decided to take the morning off to apply it to the Prime - seems like someone beat me to it.

Anyway the exploit works fine, if you have no understanding of adb/Unix stay far away from it till someone makes a one-click root tool.

Walter00

Feb 20, 2009
the problem is there's no "uninstall" option for me in the market...no it wont give me permission when I type su :(

I had the same problem, believe something went wrong with 'adb rm /data/local/su'
su is a system app now.
Go to apps, stop and clear superuser, restart.
It worked for me.

Thanks...:D

toby77jo

Sep 29, 2008
yuppie kay yey, the newbie is now ROOT .. thanks a lot for this post.. i was not offended but did not give up .. just missed some android sdk and **** and now i am root again

Tairen

Jul 21, 2010
I had the same problem, believe something went wrong with 'adb rm /data/local/su'
su is a system app now.
Go to apps, stop and clear superuser, restart.
It worked for me.

Thanks...:D

restart as in..restart the prime? i'll give it a try

just did what you said, didnt work :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** This is completely unsupported!!!!!!! **

ALL credit goes to saurik for the root method, Jason A. Donenfeld (zx2c4) for finding the exploit, alpharevx for finding the offsets and initial confirmation on the Transformer Prime and viperboy for finding it and posting it in his thread. I did not research, find, or develop this root method!

Mods, if I've done anything wrong, please feel free to remove this thread.

You will need to know how to use ADB commands, otherwise, use viperMOD PrimeTime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Downloads:

mempodroid binary
    su binary

Root:

adb push mempodroid /data/local
    adb push su /data/local
    adb shell

chmod 777 /data/local/mempodroid
    /data/local/mempodroid 0xd9ec 0xaf47 sh

** You should now be in a remote shell session with root (indicated by #)

mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system

** IF you have previously rooted your Prime, run the following two commands. They may throw an error that the file a file was not found.

rm /system/bin/su
    rm /system/xbin/su

cat /data/local/su > /system/xbin/su
    chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
    chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
    rm /data/local/mempodroid
    rm /data/local/su
    exit
    exit

adb reboot

After your Transformer Prime comes up, install Superuser from android market.

HOPEFULLY everyone has learned their lesson and will also install Voodoo Rootkeeper as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R

Enjoi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** Feb 21 2012 Edit **

Works on 9.4.2.14

** Feb 09 2012 Edit **

Works on 9.4.2.13

** Jan 25 2012 Edit **

Changed the mount command - thanks viperboy!
    Added steps to possibly resolve issues with previously rooted systems
    Changed a few steps to be a little bit easier.

**Jan 24 2012 Edit **

Some people are reporting issues with this method. I suspect this is due to previously having root or other altered files. A method that has worked for some is to update to 9.4.2.11.1 and then following the above procedures. Please note, this firmware release is unofficial and at this time THERE IS NO DOWNGRADE PATH.
    Thanks for the download link to 11.1 guys. Downloading now to get my Prime to 100% stock. I hope to have a working PrimeTime root before I work in 2 hours :D
    Possible since /data/local does not require root privileges.

That is not really the issue, it is that run-as does not get to the point in the code that pushes the rooting exploit code into memory. That comes after the "are you root or shell" check, and it should therefore not be possible unless you are one of these users. My guess is that this individual either had root in his console already or is mistaken. Or maybe he will teach us all something.
    ** This is completely unsupported!!!!!!! **

ALL credit goes to saurik for the root method and viperboy for finding it and posting it in his thread. I did not research, find, or develop this root method!

Mods, if I've done anything wrong, please feel free to remove this thread.

You will need to know how to use ADB commands, otherwise, wait for a one click root using this method to be developed.

Downloads:

mempodroid binary
    su binary

Root:

adb push su /data/local
    adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/mempodroid
    adb shell /data/local/mempodroid 0xd9ec 0xaf47 mount -o remount,rw '' /system
    adb shell

You should now be in a remote shell session with root (indicated by #)

cat /data/local/su > /system/xbin/su
    chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
    chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
    exit
    exit

adb shell rm /data/local/mempodroid
    adb shell rm /data/local/su
    adb reboot

After your Transformer Prime comes up, install Superuser from android market.

Enjoi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you forgot to mention alpharevx who actually put the effort in to confirm it was working, and finding the offsets required for mempodroid.

also.
    Code:
    adb push su /data/local
    adb shell /data/local/mempodroid 0xd9ec 0xaf47 mount -o remount,rw '' /system
    adb shell

could be done as
    Code:
    adb push su /data/local
    adb shell
    [INDENT]/data/local/mempodroid 0xd9ec 0xaf47 sh
    mount -o remount,rw '' /system[/INDENT]