Difference between revision....

Search This thread

sith78

Apr 29, 2011
Anyone manage to get the difference between rev10 and rev11?

It is fixing any issue like the speaker buzzing or screen sensibility?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

dralways

Mar 4, 2012
The new revision feels like a whole new phone honestly. The UI is so much smoother and battery life 2 hours screen on better. I don't think we'll see any more huge improvements after this.

Nuu~

Nov 19, 2012
Rev 11 here.
Mine has a Buzzing speaker, touchscreen insensitivity, a little clouding on top of the screen, and rattling.

Though, from what I've heard, Rev 11 has a different PCB than Rev 10

nellisere

May 30, 2010
Boston
Samsung Galaxy A6
Rev11 here (212k) Very very quiet buzzing on earpiece, hardly noticeable, Screen shows no significant signs of "yellowing", squeaky volume rocker, I would agree with the above comment, they probably changed the way they made them so they could make more in a certain time frame, although that's just my own theory.

mbucks911

Nov 24, 2011
Washington DC
i have a rev 10 with a nominal cpu no screen yellowing, barely noticeable light bleed, a tiny bit of ear peace buzzing, the normal rattling and a very nice, bright screen. i didnt think it was worth it to RMA because of the buzzing or light bleed, and i wouldnt want to risk having a dimmer yellower screen. are the differences even near what the guy at the top said about the rev 11 being faster and having 2 hours more of screen on time? the battery on my rev 10 has been ok but screen on times have been around 2-3 hours max with only getting like 6 hours total, but it usually makes it through a whole day with like 30% with 1 hours screen on time

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
i have a rev 10 with a nominal cpu no screen yellowing, barely noticeable light bleed, a tiny bit of ear peace buzzing, the normal rattling and a very nice, bright screen. i didnt think it was worth it to RMA because of the buzzing or light bleed, and i wouldnt want to risk having a dimmer yellower screen. are the differences even near what the guy at the top said about the rev 11 being faster and having 2 hours more of screen on time?

Most likely sarcasm. Way too exaggerated

dralways

Mar 4, 2012
Most likely sarcasm. Way too exaggerated

Absolutely not. I have had 14 different Nexus 4s and am preparing to order a few more. I STRUGGLED to see 4 hours screen on with the rev 10 and usually never made it. The UI was fine but I saw choppiness every so often, especially on Tapatalk. With rev 11 I honestly see about 5 1/2 to 6 hours screen on and Web browsers, tapatalk, etc are much smoother. I have tapatalk set to load 30 posts per page and can load a page and scroll from top to bottom without a single chop, impossible on the rev 10. The improvement is humongous. I'll take a screen shot of my next screen on at the end of the charge.

Now I see why many said they would wait a few months to purchase. This is now a hell of a phone (well was before too) and I can't possibly think of a reason to ever upgrade other than finding a thinner phone with stronger vibrate.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Also, do not worry about the light bleed unless it's severe. It will gradually dissipate over time which will leave you very happy in the end.

w4rh34rt

Mar 16, 2009
Paris
i have a rev 10 with a nominal cpu no screen yellowing, barely noticeable light bleed, a tiny bit of ear peace buzzing, the normal rattling and a very nice, bright screen. i didnt think it was worth it to RMA because of the buzzing or light bleed, and i wouldnt want to risk having a dimmer yellower screen. are the differences even near what the guy at the top said about the rev 11 being faster and having 2 hours more of screen on time? the battery on my rev 10 has been ok but screen on times have been around 2-3 hours max with only getting like 6 hours total, but it usually makes it through a whole day with like 30% with 1 hours screen on time

I've also got a rev10 and everything's perfect from what I can tell. I don't call anyone much but when I tried to call my girlfriend I couldn't hear any buzzing or anything like that. It has a very faint rattle if I shake the phone really hard, but that doesn't bother me at all.

I didn't notice any light bleed at all, although I'm not sure where exactly I should be looking (I'd imagine the edges?) and the screen is very nice, although I'm not sure what a yellowing screen would look like!

Love the phone!

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Absolutely not. I have had 14 different Nexus 4s and am preparing to order a few more. I STRUGGLED to see 4 hours screen on with the rev 10 and usually never made it. The UI was fine but I saw choppiness every so often, especially on Tapatalk. With rev 11 I honestly see about 5 1/2 to 6 hours screen on and Web browsers, tapatalk, etc are much smoother. I have tapatalk set to load 30 posts per page and can load a page and scroll from top to bottom without a single chop, impossible on the rev 10. The improvement is humongous. I'll take a screen shot of my next screen on at the end of the charge.

Now I see why many said they would wait a few months to purchase. This is now a hell of a phone (well was before too) and I can't possibly think of a reason to ever upgrade other than finding a thinner phone with stronger vibrate.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Also, do not worry about the light bleed unless it's severe. It will gradually dissipate over time which will leave you very happy in the end.

I'm sorry but I just can't believe anyone who uses the word, "humongous". I don't get any lag at all, so I'm not sure what you're on about. And I get decent battery life without turning everything off >.> Maybe it's a placebo ;-D

dralways

Mar 4, 2012
I'm sorry but I just can't believe anyone who uses the word, "humongous".

Lmao Wtf? Please kill yourself in a heartbeat son.

2 hour screen on difference = placebo? Chop all damn day long vs smooth as iPhone = placebo? All I can reason here is denial of owning something subpar.

Denial = disease

Reactions: jmcsk8

mobileboost

Jun 7, 2012
My bootloader is unlocked on the Stock ROM. How do I see my revision #? I'm on my replacement phone from Google and my phone rattles like a baby rattle with very light shaking/rocking

I saw someone said to use bootloader mode, but I don't know what bootloader mode is.

mbucks911

Nov 24, 2011
Washington DC

jesus are you planning on returning all of them except for one? 14 seems like a lot of RMAs, or did you order them seperately?

w4rh34rt

Mar 16, 2009
Paris
My bootloader is unlocked on the Stock ROM. How do I see my revision #? I'm on my replacement phone from Google and my phone rattles like a baby rattle with very light shaking/rocking

I saw someone said to use bootloader mode, but I don't know what bootloader mode is.

Turn off phone. Hold volume up and volume down and power button. When the phone vibrates let go of the power button and you'll see revision.

mbucks911

Nov 24, 2011
Washington DC
can anyone else verify the differences the guy is saying about the different revisions? i am considering doing an RMA

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess I could post a picture of my 14 Nexus 4 invoices from Google but am feeling lazy as I just woke from a nap.

No I'm not RMAing them all. I bought the phones (tablets too) for profit/resale and in the process kept the best one for myself. Keep in mind the N4/N10 is only available in about 2% of the world's nations so many non-US residents are doing backflips to have one.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Btw, Google doesn't want you to know this (looks over shoulder).

I hate people like you. While everyone was struggling to buy one on the day of release, we have donut holes like you buying as many as you can to make a quick buck. There is no difference in battery life or smoothness, it's the same phone just without the glitter back. Seriously, stop trolling, I have just over 6 hours screen on time and 1 and half days in total with rev10.

A Nexus Connoisseur!! AOSPA!! Franco Kernel!!
    I'm done here. No need to post proof as I really don't care enough.

Good, since you only seem to be rude to people without providing any USEFUL information. Next rude post of yours will be reported as provoking. Bye.

Dude, there is no way they changed so drastically to offer anything remotely close to what you are describing. A 2100mah battery is a 2100 mah battery. If you are getting six hours of screen on time on it, you are either only using the phone for literally six hours constantly or you have some magic firmware that no one else but you has. Loading 30 posts in tapatalk is nowhere near a valid test for seeing how "smooth" something is. My rev 10 loads tapatalk just fine without any lag. The fact that you had to go through fourteen different phones to find one that magically works just screams troll, as does your blatant ignorance regarding all rev10 devices just because yours sucked.

can anyone else verify the differences the guy is saying about the different revisions? i am considering doing an RMA

He doesn't know what he's talking about. You won't magically see two more hours of screen on time. Your phone will not magically make you breakfast. It will be the same phone.

Skipping the glitter back sure helps speeding up production. It would also be interesting if someone can do a tear down and see if the lte chip is still there.

I'll be a bit jealous if rev_11 does in fact have better battery life. But we can always wait a few more months for better hardware, don't we?

The LTE chip is still there, it is built into the SoC. If they wanted to remove the LTE they would have to use a different SoC.
    I have a revision 10 and I easily get upwards of 5 hr's of screen time, and can go a day and a half on a charge. I have no yellowing, no rattling, no light bleeds, no buzzing from the speaker, no nothing. Its the same software, same battery, and same hardware. Anyone that thinks their phone is better than someone else's phone based on a hardware revision that no one knows anything about needs to get a life. The only thing I would be even remotely envious of another N4 user's phone for, is if it has a higher binned CPU. Would I notice a difference if I held them side by side and used them the same way? Probably not, so its not an issue. I enjoy this phone everyday, and I can say with complete confidence, that this is the best phone I have ever used, and that's all that matters to me. :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
    Guys my phone breaks when it smashes and it overheats after my 20th benchmark in a row SHOULD I RMA :(