CDMA RAPH/DIAM FRX07 Fix!!!!

Search This thread

ferarij

Sep 19, 2010
USSC... ugh. Don't they require a proxy to connect to the 'net?

Either way, the GetLogs app makes it really easy. It's in AndroidApps/Other. Grab all three, although I'll probably only need radio logcat and regular logcat.

Thanks arrrghhh,my DIAM500 works well, except data.Here is my log.

Attachments

• data.zip
    42.2 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: jb789

Bushrod

May 25, 2006
Got it. FRX07, kernel 0805, RIL fix and rootfs from 7/27. Correct?

Radio works, but data doesn't.

Attachments

• data.zip
    38.4 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: jb789

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007

Thanks guys. Definitely seeing data-related failures. Going to pass these onto hyc, hopefully he'll know what to fix ;).

Bushrod - just saw yours. Sounds like you've got the right stuff, I'll pass these on as well!

Reactions: jb789 and Squirrels

Squirrels

Apr 6, 2010
Oshkosh, WI
posted another data.zip with me poking the bear a little bit more, also reset my apn to default with this one, just in case wrong apn info makes additional errors that are not relevant.

Attachments

• data.zip
    52.7 KB · Views: 7

sabrosolatino

Jun 12, 2009
Carrier: AT&T LTE
Sorry it was a misunderstand.

Alright guys, settle down.

sabrosolatino - I agree with bluenote in that we should keep the troubleshooting here. There is no "Android" section for DIAM, so it all just ends up jumbled in the general section. I titled my post to reflect the fix does indeed effect (affect?) RAPH/DIAM alike, so whatever issues the RAPH folk have, should be the same for DIAM folk.

Are you still having issues with the setup I've outlined in the first post of this thread? I only have a RAPH800 to test with, that does not have service. Voice works fine, but I haven't been able to test data - is that your problem? I read some people having issues with data, but I really need you guys with service on the device to step up to the plate and start troubleshooting the data issues. I did what I could to get hyc logs to fix the issue, and hyc did a great job of fixing. Now someone else will need to do what I did and work with the devs, providing logs of issues. I can be a liaison as I always have been, just let me know.
Thanks Arrrghhh,
I'm still having a lot of RANDOM result in every bootup process,
and in the performance of the Diam500.
I will keep an eyes in future news.
but I guess the developers are doing what they can.
Thanks Arrrghhh again.

Arrghh I beg your pardon, but if you read again my post you can notice "I ask politely to share with the comunity his combination" as I can't reproduce his same result. I definitely don't ask to "translate all the fixes thread" for that thread. and Sorry If I disagree with the "dead thread" preposition,
because even this last days people had find and use it, including the OP and the same HYC has been really kind to keep us update/correct.
Anyway, I will still appreciate and respects the opinion of any person (without insults)

P.S: don't worry Arrrghh, about bluenote73 comments I have enough education level to not respond that sort of comments. I only regreat my thank's point I gave to him.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Thanks Arrrghhh,
I'm still having a lot of RANDOM result in every bootup process,
and in the performance of the Diam500.
I will keep an eyes in future news.
but I guess the developers are doing what they can.
Thanks Arrrghhh again.

Arrghh I beg your pardon, but if you read again my post you can notice "I ask politely to share with the comunity his combination" as I can't reproduce his same result. I definitely don't ask to "translate all the fixes thread" for that thread. and Sorry If I disagree with the "dead thread" preposition,
because even this last days people had find and use it, including the OP and the same HYC has been really kind to keep us update/correct.
Anyway, I will still appreciate and respects the opinion of any person (without insults)

P.S: don't worry Arrrghh, about bluenote73 comments I have enough education level to not respond that sort of comments. I only regreat my thank's point I gave to him.

Well, I don't check that forum frequently. So if you want a quick response from me, you'll have to post in the Android dev sections...

Either way, there's no need for anyone to get upset. You don't need to put him down, and he shouldn't have put you down. I can see where he's coming from, and I share his frustration however.

At any rate, it seems you're in the minority. For anyone to truly solve your issues, you're going to have to be more consistent in your reports, and logs will be necessary. Nothing gets fixed without a log of the issue :p (generally).

jb789

Nov 6, 2009
Mmm... desiccant
My data in Android doesn't work either. Unfortunately, it only occasionally works in WinMo, partly because I've got an Alltel phone on a Verizon MVNO & can't get it to provision properly (trust me, I've tried!). So, I don't think my data logs would be useful, but many thanks to those who uploaded theirs.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
My data in Android doesn't work either. Unfortunately, it only occasionally works in WinMo, partly because I've got an Alltel phone on a Verizon MVNO & can't get it to provision properly (trust me, I've tried!). So, I don't think my data logs would be useful, but many thanks to those who uploaded theirs.

Data used to work in Android on the old RIL - it was basically using a 'fake GSM' mode, by which some miracle our CDMA phones actually worked.

Now we have a true CDMA mode - but there was literally no code for CDMA. hyc built that from the ground up, but unfortunately during his RIL testing, no one with a CDMA RAPH/DIAM participated in the testing... so now we're in this predicament.

Thanks indeed to all those who submitted logs - I haven't spoken to hyc today yet, but I will keep you guys posted!

Reactions: Squirrels

bluenote73

Jan 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Sabroso, I'm pretty sure re-doing your packages will help you.
For example, forgetting to edit (or improperly) edit the froyo conf
might be one way to get the results you are describing.

Just for the record here's what I'm using

FRX07 package from aarrrgh's thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1171070

(I deleted my whole andboot dir and started from scratch, by the way)

Then I updated the kernel to 20110805 with link from the first post in this thread. Here's the link to package -> http://zimages.googlecode.com/files/htc-msm-linux-20110805_223228-package.tar.bz2

Then added the new RIL from arrghs first post in this thread, put it in the ROOT of SD card,
copied froyo.user.conf to correct place. Which is all a way of saying follow the first post in thread [arrrgh's instructions] really carefully.

I think that's it.

Its great to see so many CDMA'ers and so much testing going on here!

Reactions: Squirrels

sabrosolatino

Jun 12, 2009
Carrier: AT&T LTE
New Kernel Aug/9/2011 is good too!!!

Ok, so I download the new Kernel August 9th 2011 and I followed the suggestions,
so redownload everything (replace and erase old files) so I'm now with a totally clean install and this time everything was good,
I had Reboot like 5 times and everything is working normal now, no FC, no SOD, no laggy or not responding or unlockable.
I guess I mess or mix one file, maybe could be the froyo.user.conf so the FIXED was not been applying indeed.
Now device seem to be quite normal, but can't test data 1x/3x cdma.

Thanks again for the FIXED and all the time everyone has invert in this proyect.
I will do the "getlog" tomorrow now need to sleep a little bit.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Ok, so I download the new Kernel August 9th 2011 and I followed the suggestions,
so redownload everything (replace and erase old files) so I'm now with a totally clean install and this time everything was good,
I had Reboot like 5 times and everything is working normal now, no FC, no SOD, no laggy or not responding or unlockable.
I guess I mess or mix one file, maybe could be the froyo.user.conf so the FIXED was not been applying indeed.
Now device seem to be quite normal, but can't test data 1x/3x cdma.

Thanks again for the FIXED and all the time everyone has invert in this proyect.
I will do the "getlog" tomorrow now need to sleep a little bit.

Well I'm glad you got it working.

As for data, no one has been able to use data yet... Unfortunately hyc looked at some logs and determined he's going to have to rewrite the RIL for this older radio versions that your phones run (lots of commands are not supported, so he needs to put a lot of old stuff back in that he removed..)

So perhaps the solution for you guys will be to use the old RIL in the meantime. I'll try to make this work, even if it is possible. Lots of stuff was changed to get the new RIL integrated, so it might not be possible at all.

Reactions: Bushrod

jb789

Nov 6, 2009
Mmm... desiccant
...As for data, no one has been able to use data yet... So perhaps the solution for you guys will be to use the old RIL in the meantime. I'll try to make this work, even if it is possible. Lots of stuff was changed to get the new RIL integrated, so it might not be possible at all.
I googled for a bit & couldn't understand how to "use the old RIL". Does it require building & packaging a custom rootfs? If so, that's way over my pointy little noob head! :eek:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I googled for a bit & couldn't understand how to "use the old RIL". Does it require building & packaging a custom rootfs? If so, that's way over my pointy little noob head! :eek:

Yea, don't bother Googling it. Not exactly 'standard practice'.

I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get it to work. If I can, I'll pass on the info.

In the meantime, if you guys are dying without data - FRX06 should still work fine :p.

Hippy43

Dec 4, 2009
arrrghhh,
I'm really new to this kind of stuff but I "think" I followed everthing from your first post. At least now I get to the desktop BUT it now won't let me do anything and within a few secs, the screen goes dark (like auto dark time out). I can hit the top button and bring it back to life but still no user interaction. I can't tap/click on anything. Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?

It's getting closer and loads really fast but it would be nice if I could get it to work. <LOL>

Thanks in advance for all the hard work you and others have put into this. It might bring new life to my old TP. :)

Update:

After re-copying the correct startup file (RAPH800) to the root of my SD card, now at least when I touch the screen it buzzes, still no interaction, before the screen goes dark.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
arrrghhh,
I'm really new to this kind of stuff but I "think" I followed everthing from your first post. At least now I get to the desktop BUT it now won't let me do anything and within a few secs, the screen goes dark (like auto dark time out). I can hit the top button and bring it back to life but still no user interaction. I can't tap/click on anything. Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?

It's getting closer and loads really fast but it would be nice if I could get it to work. <LOL>

Thanks in advance for all the hard work you and others have put into this. It might bring new life to my old TP. :)

Update:

After re-copying the correct startup file (RAPH800) to the root of my SD card, now at least when I touch the screen it buzzes, still no interaction, before the screen goes dark.

You sure you have a good ts-calibration file? Have you tried creating a new one manually? I have a RAPH800 to test with, and it works freakin great. It doesn't have service, so data will never work... but from what I've gleaned it won't work for you guys anyways. Not until the RIL is rewritten for your old radios...

Hippy43

Dec 4, 2009
You sure you have a good ts-calibration file? Have you tried creating a new one manually? I have a RAPH800 to test with, and it works freakin great. It doesn't have service, so data will never work... but from what I've gleaned it won't work for you guys anyways. Not until the RIL is rewritten for your old radios...

I tried moving the ts-calibration out of the root of the SD and it appeared to give me the touch points to calibrate, sort of, during bootup (script was still running behind the white blocks).
Are you saying that this version of Fryo will result in an unusable phone? From what I think I've been reading here and over at PPCGeeks, I thought this version was a working Android for the TP. Did I read wrong? Is there an actual working version for a RAPH800?

Thanks again for all you hard work!

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I tried moving the ts-calibration out of the root of the SD and it appeared to give me the touch points to calibrate, sort of, during bootup (script was still running behind the white blocks).
Are you saying that this version of Fryo will result in an unusable phone? From what I think I've been reading here and over at PPCGeeks, I thought this version was a working Android for the TP. Did I read wrong? Is there an actual working version for a RAPH800?

Thanks again for all you hard work!

I'm confused by your post.

There's no RAPH800-specific version. We build one version to rule them all, and it doesn't always work out so well. There's kinks that need to be ironed out, and we usually manage to iron them out for the next build - just in time for a new set of wrinkles :p.

FRX07 (as the bundle is packaged) does not play nice with CDMA RAPH/DIAM's. Hence, this thread. FRX06 will probably work better, because we didn't really have any users with your device (or even similar devices) test FRX07 before release. C'est la vie.

Did you follow the steps in order to manually calibrate? It's in the first post of all my threads. There's a very specific process you have to go thru in order to manually calibrate.

Bushrod

May 25, 2006
I just have to add that I get really excited when I see "View First Unread" on the top of this thread!

Thanks, arrrghhh, for all of your work on this!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

There's a new RIL that should resolve all issues with old RAPH/DIAM's. Data, the works! Let me know if it works for everyone. This latest RIL is from schteve, who enabled data functionality on older radios based on hyc's work.

Without further rambling, here's how to install it:

• Take the .zip that's attached and extract it to your SD card - either the root of the card, or in a folder, just note where you put it. You should have one file, libhtcgeneric-ril.so.
    • Go to your froyo.user.conf file (in the conf directory where you run HaRET.exe from to start FRX07...) Edit this file, preferably with Notepad++ (regular Notepad in Windows will make the lines a big jumble...)
    • In the CustomCommands section, put this command:
      Code:
      mount --bind /sdcard/libhtcgeneric-ril.so /system/lib/libhtcgeneric-ril.so
    • Boot!

If the editing the froyo.user.conf file is daunting, I've also attached one. Please change the filename from froyo.user.conf.txt to froyo.user.conf.

Both the command above, and the one I've attached assumes you have placed the libhtcgeneric-ril.so file is a the root of your SD card - no folders. Change the /sdcard/ side to /sdcard/mods/libhtcgeneric-ril.so if you have it in a folder called 'mods' which is at the root of the SD.
    Alrighty folks! Let me know how it goes. I don't have data on my tester phone, so hopefully that works - also let me know if you can get a location using netloc (not GPS or wifi location, cell-tower location...) in Google Maps or something else that supports it. Please report any other issues related as well...

Edit - and MMS! Let me know if that works now as well... probably will need to enter in APN info in order to send.
    ** This is a cross post from here. **

I've done some hacking on hyc's RIL and have data working on my Touch Pro. I'm running this modified RIL on top of FRX7.1, which is really sweet BTW. However, this is on a frankenstein TP: it's a Sprint branded TP (RAPH800), but running on Verizon's network, with a Verizon Radio (1.03.09V). So, I don't know if my mods are going to work with other radios or on other networks.

I've attached the modified libhtcgeneric-ril.so in a zip file. On my TP, I did the following:

1) Placed the .so in the root of the SD card
    2) Did the "mount trick" by adding this to froyo.user.conf:
    mount --bind /sdcard/libhtcgeneric-ril.so /system/lib/libhtcgeneric-ril.so.

I'm happy to look at logs if it doesn't work. I've got some code cleanup to do anyway.
    This is interesting and frustrating all at the same time.. I'm very intregued. <LOL>

Thanks! I'll be looking for future updates on this and hopefully have a fully functional TP running XDAndroid soon. :)

Yea, it can be maddening at times.

Have you never used XDAndroid on your RAPH800 before FRX07? If that's the case, I would definitely try 06. I'm trying to work out the bugs in 07, but since no one tested really at all on these older devices, and the length between 06&07... quite a lot changed, and for better or worse the device kinda got left behind with the initial 07 release. I'm doing my damnedest to get it workin for your phones... but it's not easy.

Thanks guys. Definitely seeing data-related failures. Going to pass these onto hyc, hopefully he'll know what to fix ;).

Bushrod - just saw yours. Sounds like you've got the right stuff, I'll pass these on as well!