[HOWTO] Get most Gameloft games compatible with the S4 HTC One X

Search This thread

Gutterball

Dec 24, 2010
New Jersey
Another thing I noticed about this build.prop change is there is no fingerprint change necessary?? wouldn't you need to have the fingerprint of the note values in order to truly emulate the device? Thats how I used to do it on my atrix at least. I used to change my atrix's values into a galaxy s 2 to get games such as backstab working on it.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Another thing I noticed about this build.prop change is there is no fingerprint change necessary?? wouldn't you need to have the fingerprint of the note values in order to truly emulate the device? Thats how I used to do it on my atrix at least. I used to change my atrix's values into a galaxy s 2 to get games such as backstab working on it.

It works perfectly the way OP instructed. On top of it, once you have the game installed and extra files downloaded, you can revert back to your old build.prop and the game will still work fine. Been playing NOVA 3 this way for a while, it's amazing on the HOX. No clue why Gameloft hasn't released it for us yet.

Gutterball

Dec 24, 2010
New Jersey
It works perfectly the way OP instructed. On top of it, once you have the game installed and extra files downloaded, you can revert back to your old build.prop and the game will still work fine. Been playing NOVA 3 this way for a while, it's amazing on the HOX. No clue why Gameloft hasn't released it for us yet.

Just wondering if maybe we could get other games to work by changing that fingerprint??? Thats all.

Tried this fix out on Backstab. its downloading the data so this game should work too.

Although with Dead space for example I can get all the data to downloadgame starts, then crashes so I'll know soon if this will be the story with backstab too or not?..

Some games also have problems with certain roms too. Thats why sometimes changing to another rom can actually get more games visible in the market and running too. Lots of weird crap to try out there!

Last edited:

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
If it crashes, turn off Wi-Fi while playing the game. It kept crashing for me on Modern Combat 3, so I turned off Wi-Fi, and all was good.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Gutterball

Dec 24, 2010
New Jersey
After turning my device into an international one x via build.prop changes. I can now access any tegra2/3 game only problem is now still can't get these games to run?? Dark meadow crashes right away as an example. but they are now all installable on the playstore for me on paranoid android so thats slight progress at least.

Artood2s

Jun 4, 2007
After turning my device into an international one x via build.prop changes. I can now access any tegra2/3 game only problem is now still can't get these games to run?? Dark meadow crashes right away as an example. but they are now all installable on the playstore for me on paranoid android so thats slight progress at least.

I think Dark Meadow has more stringent checks for Tegra, but you may be able to use Chainfire3D to get the others to work.

Sent from my HTC One X

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Tegra games are meant for the Tegra Chipset... they only run on tegra GPUs... use Chainfire 3D or something to get the correct drivers.

rocketero

Jan 1, 2012
Not matter what properties I change, the tablet I have (LePan) 9.8" with ICS 4.0.4, it dosn't work (N.O.V.A 3). I have thrown everything at build.prop and every time I launch NOVA3 it says: YOUR DEVICE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS GAME PLEASE REQUEST A REFOUND

This game used to work with this same tablet, but after I installed a previous cwm backup and later on I did a factory reset, since then I haven't been able to make it run.

Now, the game INSTALLS FINE WITHOUT PROBLEMS. It's just after launching it that gives the message your device is not compatible...

I tried the values posted on Post#1, and also these:

ro.product.model=GT-N7000
ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-N7000
ro.build.description=GT-N7000-user 4.0.4 IMM76D XXLRI release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-N7000/GT-N7000:4.0.4/IMM76D/XXLRI:user/release-keys

And also these values;

ro.product.model=GT-P7500
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-P7500
ro.product.device=GT-P7500
ro.product.board=GT-P7500
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

magicxfx

Nov 25, 2012
one XL?

Hi guys,
i got a question: i downloaded nova 3 on my htc One XL but when i start it, it says its Not compatible. Can i edit the build.prop Like rohan said
so that i Can play it? (Its the One xL!)

Pls help

xGIBRALTERx

Oct 27, 2012
I get weird graphical glitches with dead trigger on cm10 with your kernel and stock cm10 kernel. It seems like an aosp thing because I flashed an aokp, and sense rom and its perfect. Disabling hw overlays fixes it, but then it runs laggy.

Last edited:

briandresstoyota

Oct 2, 2009
Ok question guys,

My device community blows for this kind of support. Let me ask, if I am using an HTC One S with an S4 processor like your processor, can i use this build.prop trick to make gameloft games work? dying to play games like horn and other gameloft games.

edit: actually followed these instructions and am downloading the files for Battlefield 2 right now. i dont know if that falls under the same stuff here but ill let you know what i find out.

Last edited:

hyun18

May 2, 2011
Honolulu, hawaii
Oooo. I was disappointed after downloading some gameloft games, which took forever, only to find it not starting up at all...
Gon' try this later, too lazy right now. Hope it works ;P

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

briandresstoyota

Oct 2, 2009
most of the games im playing work awesome. GTA3, Lara Croft Guardian of Light, Wildblood, but six guns is a pain in the ass. It will play great right after the initial file download. But whenever i quit the game and go back to it it loads up to the in game screen where i left off and then crashes. any thoughts?

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
Hi guys,
i got a question: i downloaded nova 3 on my htc One XL but when i start it, it says its Not compatible. Can i edit the build.prop Like rohan said
so that i Can play it? (Its the One xL!)

Pls help

Nova3 works now from google play. Awesome gameplay and graphics.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

yobbei

Feb 26, 2008
Toronto
most of the games im playing work awesome. GTA3, Lara Croft Guardian of Light, Wildblood, but six guns is a pain in the ass. It will play great right after the initial file download. But whenever i quit the game and go back to it it loads up to the in game screen where i left off and then crashes. any thoughts?

How do you get Lara croft?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

rebzin

Nov 15, 2012
Possible Brick :(

Hi I did as per the instruction that Rohan has given in the 1st post. But on restart, after reaching the white screen of HTC Quietly brilliant, the phone seems to switch off itself. Tried getting into Bootloader menu by pressing down my power and volume down key, but no avail.

Have I bricked my phone??? :(

Can someone please help me to get out of this. Searched for possible solutions, but couldn't get any.

I have a ViperXL 3.2 ROM.

Last edited:

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
Hi I did as per the instruction that Rohan has given in the 1st post. But on restart, after reaching the white screen of HTC Quietly brilliant, the phone seems to switch off itself. Tried getting into Bootloader menu by pressing down my power and volume down key, but no avail.

Have I bricked my phone??? :(

Can someone please help me to get out of this. Searched for possible solutions, but couldn't get any.

I have a ViperXL 3.2 ROM.

That's weird... Changing a build.prop shouldn't do this. It shouldn't even boot loop at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To get most games compatible with the S4 HTC One X, we need to edit our build.prop file to match that of a Galaxy Note.
    Also, there is a multitouch bug in AOKP and CM9 right now where if you hold one finger and put on another, as soon as you pick up one finger the system will stop recognizing the other finger as well. This leads to a really annoying FPS experience. I'd recommend running another custom ROM that is built off stock for now if you plan on playing a game that uses this type of control.

1. Navigate to /system/ and open the build.prop file from a file manager of your choice that has root access (I prefer Root Explorer from the Play Store)

2. Change the following values to the ones in bold:

ro.product.model=GT-N700
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=GT-N700
    ro.product.device=galaxynote
    ro.product.board=MSM8960
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.build.product=galaxynote

The values are case sensitive by the way.

3. Reboot and then try to download the game data again. There should no longer be a "This game is not compatible with your device" error.

Having issues? Make sure there are no other instances of ro.product.model in your build.prop. Some ROMs may do this. If it does have another instance, delete it.

Not all games work after that, some of them have some compatabillity issues.

CONFIRMED WORKING:
    N.O.V.A. 3 - works perfectly, these graphics looks downright amazing on our screen :)

I will add more working games as people tell me that they are working through this method.

I know the games downloaded via the gameloft website have been working fine, but for those of us who download the games from the market from other devices and want to download it on our S4 HTC One X now, this works.

Thanks to thatg for originally providing me with his build.prop file that he modded.
    Please thank this post if this helped you! :)

Also, I don't take responsibility for any games that you might buy and then expect to work but they don't. This may not work for everyone (it should, but still) but if it doesn't, don't blame me for making you spend more money :/
    Nope I just edited the post to say that. Was it already that value for you?
    I just tried it, worked for me. Downloading 120mb of 1.7gb :O haha

I found the issue. There was another instance of ro.product.model that needed to be changed to GT-N700. Downloading now :)
    I found the issue. There was another instance of ro.product.model that needed to be changed to GT-N700. Downloading now :)

Ah okay cool. Glad it worked! This game is amazing on our device haha. Especially at full brightness :D
    has anyone had the problem of screen being black or flickering?

htc one s/ zydroid v3.2

Nope, working great for me.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    I guess that my device must be rooted to edit the build.prop ? :(

yes indeed