[APP][4.0] NiLS - Lock Screen Notifications

Search This thread

Roymam

Sep 16, 2012
www.roymam.com
Hi everyone,
NiLS is a very useful app that displays notifications on your lockscreen for Android 4.0 and above.
NiLS provides rich, actionable and highly customizable notifications on your lock screen.
NiLS displays your notifications on top of your existing lock screen, so you can keep enjoying the functionality of your lock screen and get and interact with notifications without unlocking your device.
NiLS is the only notifications app that enables quick reply directly from your lock screen for several apps - including the WhatsApp, Hangouts, Telegram and many more mail or messaging apps

NiLS known to work with most of the lock screen apps including WidgetLocker, GoLocker, LockerPro, Cover and many more.

"You certainly should check it out.." - PhoneArena
"Just a sexy quality that I love about it!" - AndroidSPIN
"Much-needed feature to Android's default lock screen" - LifeHacker
"Making it easy to read an email in its entirety without unlocking your device" - TWIT - Android App Arena

Main features
• Displayed on top of any lock screen (no matter if it supports widgets or not)
• Provides swiping gestures such as swipe right to dismiss, drag icon to open, swipe down to dismiss all, etc.
• Displays full notification content as it appears on Android notifications bar and provides ability to perform actions such as archive gmail or reply missed call with SMS if available on the notification.
• Allow you to quick reply to a message directly from the lock screen on many supported apps.
• Highly customizable and provides 3rd party themes support.

Use swiping gestures to interact with the notifications:
- Swipe notification left or right to dismiss.
- Swipe notifications list down to dismiss all.
- Swipe notification icon right to open notification or perform additional actions.
- Click to show a preview, scroll down or up in the preview to read the whole conversation, or quick reply directly from there. (Premium)

Customize NiLS however you want:
- Set position and size, anywhere you want on your lock screen.
- Set any colors you want as your title color & text color, font sizes & vertical alignment
- (Premium) Change icon background and notification background.
- (Premium) Show multiple lines of each notification and change icon size.
- (Premium) Use 3rd party themes for great looking notifications.

Please note - NiLS requires you to enable a notifications service, please follow installation instructions within the app

Permissions used:
Photos/Media/Files - Allows NiLS to save & restore backup file on the sdcard
Device & app history - Allows NiLS to detect what is the current running lock screen app
In-app purchases - Allows NiLS to suggest you to upgrade to full version

Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roymam.android.notificationswidget&hl=en

Support
First, read FAQ for installation instructions and see answers for most common questions:
http://bit.ly/nilsfaq
Didn't find an answer? Have a bug report or feature request? contact support@roymam.com.
Every email will open a ticket. we'll respond any request usually within a day or two.

If the support email (support@roymam.com) doesn't work - please use the link below to open a support request:
https://roymam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Community
Join our community on Google Plus for discussions and announcements.
https://plus.google.com/u/1/communities/115156552435983276604

Beta testing
If you want to get early access to beta versions and help us test new versions, request to join our beta community here:
https://plus.google.com/communities/101363646487255542423
and follow instructions here:
https://plus.google.com/100604435295012114289/posts/LfzLjvKXGd6

Last edited:

5noc

Aug 3, 2010
Working like a charm though it's a pity that the notification does not get away once it's read :(

Anyways, awesome job, I know there's a lot of people who has been waiting to something like this :good:

Reactions: raul6 and xyell0w

leongzxc

Oct 14, 2011
try to make the UI more holo-like.. to blend in. :)

add a little blue/grey. but not too much background transparency.

Roymam

Sep 16, 2012
www.roymam.com
Thanks for the feedback:
1. Notifications clear - I'm planning to implement full notifications clear when screen is unlocked, any thoughts on this?
2. Holo look - I'll raise opacity to 75% (currently it's 50%), I think this will make the gray and blue colors more noticeable.

Jan 28, 2011
Hong Kong
Love it so much!
I hope it has a option that do not turn on the screen when a new notification arrives.
Thanks!:laugh:

leongzxc

Oct 14, 2011
Thanks for the feedback:
1. Notifications clear - I'm planning to implement full notifications clear when screen is unlocked, any thoughts on this?
2. Holo look - I'll raise opacity to 75% (currently it's 50%), I think this will make the gray and blue colors more noticeable.

how about creating an option to let the users decide the background opacity? :)
default is the original JB grey..

edit: can you also implement -> slide to remove (individual remove per app notifications)? :)

also i noticed your permissions are "prevent phone from sleeping"
why is it that way? means our phone wont go into deep sleep right? :S

Last edited:

Roymam

Sep 16, 2012
www.roymam.com
how about creating an option to let the users decide the background opacity? :)
default is the original JB grey..

edit: can you also implement -> slide to remove (individual remove per app notifications)? :)

also i noticed your permissions are "prevent phone from sleeping"
why is it that way? means our phone wont go into deep sleep right? :S
" Slide to dismiss" is impossible to implement on lock screen widgets (or any widgets at all). Must have buttons.

The permission is needed to turn the screen on when notification arrives. The phone will act normally and will go to deep sleep if needed.

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
This looks very promising, especially with a Holo theme

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ThePureHeart

Jan 15, 2013
This would look great with a few design changes, i.e. a more holo/4.2 look.
I hope there will be settings available to control things like opacity, which apps/notifications to show, privacy options, etc.
I wish you all the best and look forward to using your invention :D

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Version

leongzxc

Oct 14, 2011
" Slide to dismiss" is impossible to implement on lock screen widgets (or any widgets at all). Must have buttons.

The permission is needed to turn the screen on when notification arrives. The phone will act normally and will go to deep sleep if needed.

oh i see.. well, a button to clear is good enough. :)
tried your app. looks promising.

already bookmarked your thread. checking regularly for more updates.

good luck! :good:

MrBC

Nov 23, 2011
Lisburn
www.androidofvirtue.com
I would like to see the option to be able to turn off the screen on feature. I would get a lot of notifications and this I'm sure would drain the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Reactions: milden

leongzxc

Oct 14, 2011
I would like to see the option to be able to turn off the screen on feature. I would get a lot of notifications and this I'm sure would drain the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

this is a good idea too

sometimes i like my phone screen to be still off when i receive notifications :)

Steili

Nov 19, 2008
Cool widget!

But it would be great to have this widget AND the standard clock on one screen. Is this possible? (I´m on latest AOKP Rom on Galaxy SII)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,
    NiLS is a very useful app that displays notifications on your lockscreen for Android 4.0 and above.
    NiLS provides rich, actionable and highly customizable notifications on your lock screen.
    NiLS displays your notifications on top of your existing lock screen, so you can keep enjoying the functionality of your lock screen and get and interact with notifications without unlocking your device.
    NiLS is the only notifications app that enables quick reply directly from your lock screen for several apps - including the WhatsApp, Hangouts, Telegram and many more mail or messaging apps

NiLS known to work with most of the lock screen apps including WidgetLocker, GoLocker, LockerPro, Cover and many more.

"You certainly should check it out.." - PhoneArena
    "Just a sexy quality that I love about it!" - AndroidSPIN
    "Much-needed feature to Android's default lock screen" - LifeHacker
    "Making it easy to read an email in its entirety without unlocking your device" - TWIT - Android App Arena

Main features
    • Displayed on top of any lock screen (no matter if it supports widgets or not)
    • Provides swiping gestures such as swipe right to dismiss, drag icon to open, swipe down to dismiss all, etc.
    • Displays full notification content as it appears on Android notifications bar and provides ability to perform actions such as archive gmail or reply missed call with SMS if available on the notification.
    • Allow you to quick reply to a message directly from the lock screen on many supported apps.
    • Highly customizable and provides 3rd party themes support.

Use swiping gestures to interact with the notifications:
    - Swipe notification left or right to dismiss.
    - Swipe notifications list down to dismiss all.
    - Swipe notification icon right to open notification or perform additional actions.
    - Click to show a preview, scroll down or up in the preview to read the whole conversation, or quick reply directly from there. (Premium)

Customize NiLS however you want:
    - Set position and size, anywhere you want on your lock screen.
    - Set any colors you want as your title color & text color, font sizes & vertical alignment
    - (Premium) Change icon background and notification background.
    - (Premium) Show multiple lines of each notification and change icon size.
    - (Premium) Use 3rd party themes for great looking notifications.

Please note - NiLS requires you to enable a notifications service, please follow installation instructions within the app

Permissions used:
    Photos/Media/Files - Allows NiLS to save & restore backup file on the sdcard
    Device & app history - Allows NiLS to detect what is the current running lock screen app
    In-app purchases - Allows NiLS to suggest you to upgrade to full version

Download
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roymam.android.notificationswidget&hl=en

Support
    First, read FAQ for installation instructions and see answers for most common questions:
    http://bit.ly/nilsfaq
    Didn't find an answer? Have a bug report or feature request? contact support@roymam.com.
    Every email will open a ticket. we'll respond any request usually within a day or two.

If the support email (support@roymam.com) doesn't work - please use the link below to open a support request:
    https://roymam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Community
    Join our community on Google Plus for discussions and announcements.
    https://plus.google.com/u/1/communities/115156552435983276604

Beta testing
    If you want to get early access to beta versions and help us test new versions, request to join our beta community here:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/101363646487255542423
    and follow instructions here:
    https://plus.google.com/100604435295012114289/posts/LfzLjvKXGd6
    version 0.18 released

Changelog:
    1. Added small time and date text above the notifications. (not functional yet - only for design impression)
    2. Added Clear all notifications button.
    3. Notification is now cleared when opened.

screenshots will be updated later.
    Action buttons for notification

I'm considering implementing a buttons toolbar that will pop up after touching a single notification, it will have the following buttons:
    1. Open
    2. Clear
    3. Hide notifications from this app

I would be happy to know what do you think?
    Thanks for all of your feedback, here is my planned changes ordered by priority:
    1. Add clock with time and date.
    2. Add clear notifications button.
    3. Clear watched notifications.
    4. Add settings page and allow disabling "turn screen on" feature.
    5. Allow setting opacity and colors on lock screen.
    Re: [App] [4.2] Lock Screen Notifications Widget 0.54

Now available on Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roymam.android.notificationswidget

You'll have to uninstall the current version before installing the official one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app