[ROOT] Xperia ZL (C650x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (RELEASED)

Search This thread

doomasala

Oct 16, 2006
Dubai
File Unavailable

The file to Root isn't found in the provided link. Can you please re-upload?

I was so excited to try my hand on rooting/flashing an Android phone! :)

nex_t

Mar 2, 2013
Is this thread ok for rooting my phone, which is Xperia ZL / C6502 / model number 10.3.1.A.2.67 ?
If i flash this one, will it work on my phone ?
Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v4 FW: 10.1.1.A.1.253

Thank you

Last edited:

rameshkotibani

Nov 30, 2012
xperia zl 10.4.B.0.569

hai sir how to root xperia zl 4.3 jb 10.4.B.0.569 locked boot loder?pls help me i search many forms but no use pls help me

ej_424

Apr 17, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Need Help

If I have the latest firmware on 4.2.2 it sounds like the only way I can root is using this thread and injecting an older fw that was rootable.

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49733908

Doomlord mentions I need to substitute ZL kernels (assuming for both first and final flash) however I'm not sure what kernels need to be used. Can someone please help me?

Last edited:

entropy96

Aug 18, 2011
OK, I did something stupid.
I forgot to save the SuperSU ZIP file on my phone before flashing the recovery, and now it's stuck in a bootloop Sony -> Xperia logo.
I tried to reboot system via CWM, but bootloop persists.

Someone please help me.

Aoi v1

Aug 9, 2012
Would you be so kind to share the 4.4.2 (10.5.A.0.230) root solution? Btw, I know it says ONLY unlocked bootloader, but what could happen if I use this in my locked device?

Dec 24, 2012
Hi, im on Cyanogemod 12.1 release for odin (ZL), obiusly i have unlucked my bootloader so... this method work for CM12.1 release?

ham5

Mar 24, 2014
not quite sure what your asking alusan20raziel, it seems offtopic... CM has root built in... this is totally separate from CM...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since we now have Recovery fully working its a lot easier to root the device. I have made a simpler package for easier rooting and installing busybox.

Steps:

1. Download the: SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip and save it on phone (external sdcard)

2. Just flash any kernel which contains recovery (for stock based ROM) [e.g.: Advanced Stock Kernel]

3. Boot into recovery and flash that file "SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip"

4. now reboot and the firmware will be fully rooted with SuperSU and Busybox installed!!!

[ Credits ]

• Chainfire - for SuperSU

• Stericson - for Busybox

• lots of other developers for helping me get here ;)

[ Requirements ]

• Firmware Version: 10.1.A.1.350

• unlocked bootloader

• working kernel with recovery

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ Download Links ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip (mirror)

enjoy!
    reserved for later
    its 100% ok now
    i soft rest it
    and it's working fine :)
    thank alot for your help

Best Regards
    Faisal
    Followed all your guides just now.Right from unlocking bootloader to rooting. Everything just worked like a charm. No hiccups at all. :good: Great work!
    here's a question.. ZL was rooted and was working with no issue. then I decided to unlock the bootloader using Sony Mobile's very easy guide. After unlocking, the phone did a whole factory reset (all data and settings are gone)..

thoughts?
    That's normal, and Sony even warns you it'll do that.